Americans arming an furious rate under obama...

Red states vs. blue: Who has bigger 401(k)s? - MarketWatch

Here is a ranking of the top 20 states according to median 401(k) account balances, along with their red or blue status in 2008 and their swing state status in this year’s election:

1) Delaware (blue) $37,208

2) Connecticut (blue) $36,679

3) Iowa (blue & swing state) $34,502

4) Wisconsin (blue & swing state) $34,201

5) Massachusetts (blue) $33,889

6) New Jersey (blue) $33,842

7) Minnesota (blue) $33,488

8) Illinois (blue) $33,413

9) Vermont (blue) $32,500

10) New Hampshire (blue & swing state) $32,404

11) Oregon (blue) $31,754

12) West Virginia (red) $31,698

13) New York (blue) $30,259

14) Maine (blue) $30,121

15) Maryland (blue) $29,579

16) Pennsylvania (blue) $29,312

17) Virginia (blue & swing state) $28,786

18) Rhode Island (blue) $27,631

19) Michigan (blue) $27,444

20) Washington (blue) $26,894

Daily Kos: Blue States v Red States - some observations

and as you examine these, you might consider why you might want to be in a BLue state versus a Red state

States ranked by average income:

Top 10
MD
AK
NJ
CT
MA
NJ
VA
OH
DE
CA

The only Red state is Alaska, which is somewhat deceptive given the incredible high cost of living there, and the fact of the oil income distributed to residents.

By the way, DC would, surprisingly, be 5th were it a state.

And at the other end, the bottom ten states, from 41-50 in average income?
OK
SC
NM
LA
TN
AL
KY
AR
WV
MS

Only NM is a Blue state. FWIW, it has the highest percentage of Latinos of any state in the nation, and also a reasonably high percentage of Native Americans.

Wait a minute. That info can NOT be accurate.

See.....Republican policies make everyone richer, and Democrat ones make everyone poorer. I know this is a fact, well, because people have told me so.

So how in the fuck could the 10 states with highest avg income be almost all Democrat, and the 10 with the worst avg income be almost all Republican?

YOU SURE you dont have the info flip-flopped?:redface:

President Obama was elected by a margin of five million votes because the majority of Americans are not fruitloop 'Conservatives'.

And technically lost the election to "no one". 94 million voters abstained. Almost double that of Obama voters.

You'd have a point if millions didn't abstain from voting in basically every election in this country's history. Also, in what world is 94 million almost double 65 million? Is that math Republicans do to make themselves feel better?

The point is that it's not a legitimate process. It only counts those who actually voted. So if 5 people showed, 3 for Obama and 2 for Romney, the government would seat Obama. It's a total and irreconcilable sham. All of it.

My bad. should have been 1/3 more abstained than voted. So 30 million people. And I'm no conservative. I'm not part of the divide and conquer crowd.

Last edited:
What a bunch of real liars you peope are. It is the red states that are on the tit of the government. If more of you "Conservatives" would get off the couch, shovel the beer cans out of the hallway, and go to work, we in the liberal blue states would not have to support your lazy asses.

Blue state, red face: Guess who benefits more from your taxes?

really? the following blue states are broke due to libtardian policies: california, michigan, illinois, mass, NJ, NY. Could it possibly be that liberal bullshit does not work?

look at the once great city of detroit, now a rotting heap of garbage due to unions and liberal government.

tell ya what, keep your federal bullshit welfare and let us keep our tax money.

LOL. You already are keeping your tax money and a good deal of my tax money, besides.

And technically lost the election to "no one". 94 million voters abstained. Almost double that of Obama voters.

You'd have a point if millions didn't abstain from voting in basically every election in this country's history. Also, in what world is 94 million almost double 65 million? Is that math Republicans do to make themselves feel better?

The point is that it's not a legitimate process. It only counts those who actually voted. So if 5 people showed, 3 for Obama and 2 for Romney, the government would seat Obama. It's a total and irreconciliable sham. All of it.

My bad. should have been 1/3 more abstained than voted. So 30 million people. And I'm no conservative. I'm not part of the divide adn conquer crowd.

Totally legitimate. You don't care enough to vote, your vote counts for zero. Those of us that do care enough to vote get the say. That is the way it should be.

Yo, old rocks in the head.

got a table on the total tax percentage paid in each state? the total paid in federal, state, city, county, etc as a % of income?

why would anyone want to give more than half of his income to some level of government in order to live in a place like NY city or Los Angeles?

OH wait I get it. The red states have a LOT of poor people, and a lot of them are black and hispanic. So, the rich in THOSE states dont want to have to help pay for "those people" to get out of poverty. I wonder what it is exactly in those red states that those Republicans have a problem with? What is it about helping THEIR poor out that they are so opposed to, that somehow the folks in the blue states dont have a problem doing?

Sure, some say that GOP policies are made to keep people doing well and making money. BUT, if that were true, wouldnt the top avg income states be all red, instead of almost all blue?

and as you examine these, you might consider why you might want to be in a BLue state versus a Red state

Top 10
MD
AK
NJ
CT
MA
NJ
VA
OH
DE
CA

The only Red state is Alaska, which is somewhat deceptive given the incredible high cost of living there, and the fact of the oil income distributed to residents.

OK
SC
NM
LA
TN
AL
KY
AR
WV
MS

Only NM is a Blue state. FWIW, it has the highest percentage of Latinos of any state in the nation, and also a reasonably high percentage of Native Americans.

See.....Republican policies make everyone richer, and Democrat ones make everyone poorer. I know this is a fact, well, because people have told me so.

So how in the fuck could the 10 states with highest avg income be almost all Democrat, and the 10 with the worst avg income be almost all Republican?

how about a chart showing the same data---after taxes. I think the chart would then flip flop.

got a table on the total tax percentage paid in each state? the total paid in federal, state, city, county, etc as a % of income?

why would anyone want to give more than half of his income to some level of government in order to live in a place like NY city or Los Angeles?

Maybe because of a much higher standard of living and much greater oppertunity.

The point is that it's not a legitimate process. It only counts those who actually voted. So if 5 people showed, 3 for Obama and 2 for Romney, the government would seat Obama. It's a total and irreconcilable sham. All of it.

My bad. should have been 1/3 more abstained than voted. So 30 million people. And I'm no conservative. I'm not part of the divide and conquer crowd.

So every election in the history of the country is not legitimate? Do you propose forcing everyone to vote?

What a bunch of real liars you peope are. It is the red states that are on the tit of the government. If more of you "Conservatives" would get off the couch, shovel the beer cans out of the hallway, and go to work, we in the liberal blue states would not have to support your lazy asses.

Blue state, red face: Guess who benefits more from your taxes?

really? the following blue states are broke due to libtardian policies: california, michigan, illinois, mass, NJ, NY. Could it possibly be that liberal bullshit does not work?

look at the once great city of detroit, now a rotting heap of garbage due to unions and liberal government.

LOL. You already are keeping your tax money and a good deal of my tax money, besides.

I guess that makes me smart and you a SUCKER ----- thanks, sucker :eusa_angel:

Top 10
MD
AK
NJ
CT
MA
NJ
VA
OH
DE
CA

OK
SC
NM
LA
TN
AL
KY
AR
WV
MS

how about a chart showing the same data---after taxes. I think the chart would then flip flop.

Well, what is keeping from finding and posting said charts? Afraid to hurt my feelings? LOL

The point is that it's not a legitimate process. It only counts those who actually voted. So if 5 people showed, 3 for Obama and 2 for Romney, the government would seat Obama. It's a total and irreconciliable sham. All of it.

My bad. should have been 1/3 more abstained than voted. So 30 million people. And I'm no conservative. I'm not part of the divide adn conquer crowd.

Totally legitimate. You don't care enough to vote, your vote counts for zero. Those of us that do care enough to vote get the say. That is the way it should be.

How despotic of you. So much for representative government I guess.

I guess that makes me smart and you a SUCKER ----- thanks, sucker :eusa_angel:

Well, one does what one can to help the mentally deficient.

How despotic of you. So much for representative government I guess.

Fellow, you ain't got the gumption to get to the polling place, you ain't got the smarts to participate in democratic government. And you deserve to have no voice in the process.

Maybe because of a much higher standard of living and much greater oppertunity.

yeah, right. Duh----Detroit, Cleveland, Newark, LA, Boston, Trenton, Chicago. wonderful places to live with lots of opportunities-------are you fucking crazy?

So every election in the history of the country is not legitimate? Do you propose forcing everyone to vote?

Not if people's individual rights are inalienable, no. It's not legitimate at all. If 64 million people make the decisions for the other 120 some odd million others, it's just another form of despotic rule.

I propose leaving people the fuck alone and stop being a sycophant to rent seekers.

Forum List

Back