Americans for Fair Taxation - FairTax.org

This guy just said being socially responsible is propaganda. RLMAO! Propaganda for what? Civilization? LMAO. This is the mindstate folks.

I said the term "social responsibility" is propaganda. The people who use it can't even define it. When you get down to brass tacks, what it means is that you obey whatever dictates the left-wing demagogues dispense. It's a command to be servile and obey.

The fair tax would just create a new industry of special interests looking to get certain goods and services exempted, or getting their tax rate reduced.

There is no magic bullet, people.

Then why hasn't the same thing occurred with the sales tax? Just admit that turds like you like the income tax because you like controlling people and the income tax is one of the government's most effective means of doing that.

[
Well for starters it'd be the same rate for everybody. That's much "fairer" than the progressive system we have today.

So if it's less progressive than the current system, that means that the fair tax must shift the tax burden away from higher income Americans towards lower income Americans.

Is that really the problem in this country? ....that lower income Americans are undertaxed, and higher income Americans are overtaxed?

Yes, actually, that is one of our problems. People who have no stake in the system get to vote money for themselves.

Fair taxation is paying into society in proportion to how much is derived from that society. The contribution of all to a peaceful, prosperous society is not equally profited from. A few benefit, to a much greater degree than the many, from what the many do. If any are being taken advantage of, it is not the very wealthy. If any are being assisted by social cohesion, it is the very wealthy. Generosity alone would motivate greater sharing. Lacking that, all that remains is taxation in proportion to net benefit.

The fair tax would just create a new industry of special interests looking to get certain goods and services exempted, or getting their tax rate reduced.

Then's there's absolutely no solution and even though we know what we have does not work, we just keep on because "that's the way we've always done this"?

You can simplify without getting rid of progressivity by eliminating the myriad of deductions credits loopholes etc.,

and just setting up 3, 4, 5 or so flat rates within brackets.

[
Well for starters it'd be the same rate for everybody. That's much "fairer" than the progressive system we have today.

So if it's less progressive than the current system, that means that the fair tax must shift the tax burden away from higher income Americans towards lower income Americans.

Is that really the problem in this country? ....that lower income Americans are undertaxed, and higher income Americans are overtaxed?

Yes, actually, that is one of our problems. People who have no stake in the system get to vote money for themselves.

And other than taking away someone's right to vote, what's your workable solution?

Then why hasn't the same thing occurred with the sales tax? Just admit that turds like you like the income tax because you like controlling people and the income tax is one of the government's most effective means of doing that.

It has happened. For example, I go to Tractor Supply quite a bit. I often get asked whether I'm tax exempt. I'm not, but someone is.

The Fair tax is overly complicated.

I have yet to figure out why it's better to have a higher rate then give some money back to people every month than it is to just have a lower rate without all the hassle and unnecessary expense of monthly prebates.

And other than taking away someone's right to vote, what's your workable solution?

Behold, there is no workable solution.

People don't want a sales tax because we're a consumer economy.

You can't have fiscal responsibility without social responsibility. The right needs to get on the ball with social policy if it expects fiscal policy to change.

Bullshit. The longer Progressives are in control, the further wee stray from responsibility, and you blame the Right? Good one.

The Fair Tax will never ever ever ever ever ever ever be implemented, so no one should take this sort of thread as anything other than another chance to waste time with idle chatter.

Keep in mind many countries have a VAT tax, which is similar, but they have it on top of their income taxes.

I have yet to figure out why it's better to have a higher rate then give some money back to people every month than it is to just have a lower rate without all the hassle and unnecessary expense of monthly prebates.

My understanding is that the fair tax is done on the business level and not at the cash register. It would make things a lot simpler for most of us which I am definitely for. There would be less of a demand for CPA's which is a negative side. There would be a lot less need for IRS agents which sounds great to me and there would be a lot less paperwork expenses which would save a tremendous amount of money. Not having to fill out this income tax nightmare every April 15th would help me and my old tired brain.

My understanding is that the fair tax is done on the business level and not at the cash register. It would make things a lot simpler for most of us which I am definitely for. There would be less of a demand for CPA's which is a negative side. There would be a lot less need for IRS agents which sounds great to me and there would be a lot less paperwork expenses which would save a tremendous amount of money. Not having to fill out this income tax nightmare every April 15th would help me and my old tired brain.

One of the key features is what they call a prebate which is basically a government check every month for every person in the country.

Why do that when all you need to do is lower the rate and eliminate the need for cutting 300 million checks every month?

One of the key features is what they call a prebate which is basically a government check every month for every person in the country.

Why do that when all you need to do is lower the rate and eliminate the need for cutting 300 million checks every month?

I was unaware of that, but it seems like there would be a simple solution, you came up with it.

The purpose of the prebate is to entirely eliminate the tax for lower income people. Simply lowering the rate of taxation doesn't do that.

Forum List

Back