5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
I thought it was just me!

------------
Poll: Americans See, Hear More Profanity
By JOCELYN NOVECK, AP National Writer
Tue Mar 28, 10:55 PM ET

This is a story about words we can't print in this story. You probably hear these words often, and more than ever before. But even though we can't print them — we do have our standards — we can certainly ask: Are we living in an Age of Profanity?

Nearly three-quarters of Americans questioned last week — 74 percent — said they encounter profanity in public frequently or occasionally, according to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll. Two-thirds said they think people swear more than they did 20 years ago. And as for, well, the gold standard of foul words, a healthy 64 percent said they use the F-word — ranging from several times a day (8 percent) to a few times a year (15 percent).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060329/ap_on_re_us/age_of_profanity_10

gop_jeff said:
I thought it was just me!

.....a healthy 64 percent said they use the F-word —....
I was a teenager before I ever heard this word. My children were in grade school and we were walking across the grocery store parking lot.
People of education & christianity never talked like this; nor did a lady. Now, some young women talk worse than the guys.

Joz said:
I was a teenager before I ever heard this word. My children were in grade school and we were walking across the grocery store parking lot.
People of education & christianity never talked like this; nor did a lady. Now, some young women talk worse than the guys.
very true, but i swear very rarely, only because I grew up with young kids around me all the time. Tim has the potty-mouth, and I have to remind him that we have a boy who is listening to everything he says. Nathan has already picked up the phrase "What the hell?" from Tim... :rolleyes:

I stumbled across fuck on my own. I was rhyming words @ 4 years old: Duck, Luck, Truck, Muck, Buck, Cuck, Zuck, Fuck...

My mom freaks out

So, what do I do?

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuc-

Insert bar of soap.

No more fuck (in front of her at least)

That is my favorite word. However..I have never used it in the phrase "F*ck You."

Just something I never have done.

I have called people a F*ck, said they were f*cking insane, etc.

Something about that word though....

It was so funny.

It was so f*cking funny.

Psychoblues is out of his mind.

Psychoblues is out of his f*cking mind.

StoptheMadness1 is a troll.

StoptheMadness1 is a f*cking troll.

FredVonFlash is weird.

FredVonFlash is f*cking weird.

Yeah...love that word.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Nathan has already picked up the phrase "What the hell?" from Tim... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but......
lmao.gif

I used to babysit a little guy with a bad mouth. He'd say things like "that's mine, Bi*ch" if another child has something that belonged to him, or if I confiscated it.

Said1 said:
I'm sorry but......
lmao.gif

hey, i laughed too, as did my MIL. The first time I heard him say it, we were in the car on the way to her house, and because it was near christmas, our neighbors had put their house lights up the previous day. it was dark when we left and as we were pulling out the driveway, they turned the lights on. Nathan sees this and exclaims "What the Hell?!" I almost backed into our mailbox because I was so stunned at what I heard from my little 2yo angel! I then convinced myself that it was just a phonetic coincidence, and that he didn't REALLY say that. But...we get to my MIL's and he says it again, but I am not sure why. My MIL heard it too, so I know now that he really did say it the first time. He hasn't said it in a while, so I am hoping he has just forgotten the phrase altogether. His favorite word now is "ewww!"

Forum List

Back