Americans Strongly Dislike PC Culture

I do not think anyone even knows what PC means anymore, like most everything else it was overused and is now meaningless.
`
The study I posted was from October 10, 2018. Obviously many people know what PC is and is far from meaningless.

Actually your study supports my claim. While 80% of the people are opposed to PC, if you were to ask those 80% of the people what is PC you would get a 1000 different answers.

Like your example of the Thor movie, some people think using a black actor was being PC, when in reality that has nothing to do with being PC.

It occurs to me that a militant anti pc stance could be construed as being anti-freedom of expression, authoritarian and illiberal. It could just as easily be used to control a conversation.. Just an observation. One that I have been witness to.

The Anti-PC stance is always now used to justify being a jerk or being rude...anything anyone complains about now gets excused by the anti-PC crowd.

Actually your study supports my claim. While 80% of the people are opposed to PC, if you were to ask those 80% of the people what is PC you would get a 1000 different answers.Like your example of the Thor movie, some people think using a black actor was being PC, when in reality that has nothing to do with being PC.
`
You gave an opinion, not state a factual claim.

Actually your study supports my claim. While 80% of the people are opposed to PC, if you were to ask those 80% of the people what is PC you would get a 1000 different answers.Like your example of the Thor movie, some people think using a black actor was being PC, when in reality that has nothing to do with being PC.
`

PC is nothing but an opinion, that is the whole point, and that is a fact.

There is no definitive definition to what is PC, PC is like beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder.

PC is just good manners. Why would you want to purposely insult people ?

No its not. PC has nothing to do with manners. Its about restraining free speech in order to silence various opinions that the elites find objectionable or contrary to their ability to control the masses.

In a country where the freedom of speech is number one in the bill of rights, we should be able to say whatever we believe regardless of whether it offends someone or some group. Here are a few examples of free speech.

Muslims have committed the vast majority of terrorist acts in the entire world
Islam treats women like cattle
Planned parenthood murders minority children in order to keep the black population under control
Democrats lie
Hillary Clinton is a criminal
Trump is a great president
Hollywood is full of idiots
Blacks commit a disproportionate number of crimes
Illegal aliens should be deported
Gay marriage is an oxymoron

Have I offended everyone yet?

PC is nothing but an opinion, that is the whole point, and that is a fact. There is no definitive definition to what is PC, PC is like beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder.
`
Huh???? I posted an article on research into PC, which contains facts. Please tell me how your reply relates to that?

`

There is no definitive definition to what is PC, PC is like beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder.

bullshit, its not opinions, its silencing certain viewpoints that the masters find objectionable.

Here is one I left off my list

There are only two genders.

PC is nothing but an opinion, that is the whole point, and that is a fact. There is no definitive definition to what is PC, PC is like beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder.
`
Huh???? I posted an article on research into PC, which contains facts. Please tell me how your reply relates to that?

Your article contains facts about how people feel about PC, not a single fact about what PC is.

But hey, maybe I am wrong. What is the one, single, definitive definition of PC. If you can give me that and get everyone in the thread to agree with it, then I will be happy to admit I am wrong.

`

bullshit, its not opinions, its silencing certain viewpoints that the masters find objectionable.

Thank you for your opinion on what is PC. I love it when you people make my point for me.

You are mistaken about genders, you are confusing gender with sex. There are two sexes, male and female.

Gender on the other hand is a literary term and not one of science.

The Anti-PC stance is always now used to justify being a jerk or being rude...anything anyone complains about now gets excused by the anti-PC crowd.

There there... :cryhug_1_:

Your cult used to get its way all the time. And it’s veil has been ripped away while free speech gets to now examine what you’re really made of. Poor you. Maybe move to another country where free speech isn’t allowed?

There there... :cryhug_1_:

Your cult used to get its way all the time. And it’s veil has been ripped away while free speech gets to now examine what you’re really made of. Poor you. Maybe move to another country where free speech isn’t allowed?

Oh look, another cute little statist that is totally clueless. At least you are in good company on this forum, it is filled with morons like you.

Hollywood and the entertainment media are the ones behind pushing the PC culture. This is followed by a heavy hand from politicians and others to forcefully conform to a new order. However well intentioned as it may seem to be, I don't like to be forced to do, think or say anything. Some things are common sense; don't say hurtful things to people. Be kind to people. But when it comes to forcing me, or anyone else for that matter, to accept things they don't agree with in the name of political correctness, that's going to cause blowback. The election tump is one example of this.

I may lean left but that hardly means I'm going to roll over for PC, especially if I feel it's being forced.

So if you call it something unkind like "Political Correctness", it gets a bad rap.

But if you call it "acting decently" and "not being a bigot", most people get behind that.

The reality is, most intelligent people filter what they say every day, not because Mac1958's Evil PC Police are out there ready to send them to PC Jail, but because- lo and behold- you never know how someone is going to take something.

I'm going to go out o a short limb here and suggest that PC means different things to different people.A liberal might recognize that both L and R can be PC...but most cons believe that PC is a "liberal thing".....that there are NO conservatives who are PC....silly cons.....
`
You are most likely correct. What is Politically Correct picks up different meanings, including political ideology, for a host of different reasons. As the article points out, there are many factors involved.

Political Correctness is not half the problem as identity politics.
Identity politics is dividing this nation into many factions, also known as tribalism.
All of this is encouraged by the establishment who very much want to keep Americans divided and fighting each other rather than paying attention to the real enemy: Corporatism. WHich has now wholly corrupted the federal government and the media.

divide-and-conquer-cartoon-pinterest.jpg

Let me test you....
How do you feel about straight up asking Blacks and Mexicans to be less criminal, have fewer babies and be less dependent on good American taxpayers?
Does that scare the shit out of you or make you feel uncomfortable?
If you pretend you didn’t see this post I’ll understand.

Most blacks and mexicans aren't criminals, and they can have as many babies as they want because last time I checked, this was a free country.

But thanks for pointing out why political correctness is a thing, so most of us don't have to be subjected to bigoted jerks IRL.

`

Thank you for your opinion on what is PC. I love it when you people make my point for me.

You are mistaken about genders, you are confusing gender with sex. There are two sexes, male and female.

Gender on the other hand is a literary term and not one of science.

where to you get this crap? gender and sex are synonymous. i.e. they mean the same thing. There are only two, male and female, anything else is either an aberration or a mental illness.

most intelligent people filter what they say every day, not because Mac1958's Evil PC Police are out there ready to send them to PC Jail, but because- lo and behold- you never know how someone is going to take something.

When there’s a question between hurting some snowflakes feelings & say, protecting children from influence of a deviant sex cult, I know where I’m going to err on the side of caution.

I'm going to go out o a short limb here and suggest that PC means different things to different people.A liberal might recognize that both L and R can be PC...but most cons believe that PC is a "liberal thing".....that there are NO conservatives who are PC....silly cons.....
`
You are most likely correct. What is Politically Correct picks up different meanings, including political ideology, for a host of different reasons. As the article points out, there are many factors involved.

Political Correctness is not half the problem as identity politics.
Identity politics is dividing this nation into many factions, also known as tribalism.
All of this is encouraged by the establishment who very much want to keep Americans divided and fighting each other rather than paying attention to the real enemy: Corporatism. WHich has now wholly corrupted the federal government and the media.

View attachment 222545

so, corporations are inherently evil? evil and they want to destroy the country? without the country corporations could not exist and shareholders would lose their money. Your real issue is envy and jealousy of people who have more than you do. Why cant you admit that?

When there’s a question between hurting some snowflakes feelings & say, protecting children from influence of a deviant sex cult, I know where I’m going to err on the side of caution.

Uh, guy, going to ask you again, when did you "decide" to be straight?

Because if you are going to claim that sexual orientation is a choice, then there had to be a day when you decided you liked the opposite sex, right?

`
...."According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages"
.... Source
`
`

Hollywood and the entertainment media are the ones behind pushing the PC culture. This is followed by a heavy hand from politicians and others to forcefully conform to a new order. However well intentioned as it may seem to be, I don't like to be forced to do, think or say anything. Some things are common sense; don't say hurtful things to people. Be kind to people. But when it comes to forcing me, or anyone else for that matter, to accept things they don't agree with in the name of political correctness, that's going to cause blowback. The election tump is one example of this.

I may lean left but that hardly means I'm going to roll over for PC, especially if I feel it's being forced.
`

People also say they want real news instead of sensational coverage and more documentaries. I don’t think people feel that strongly about stuff in orbit around them

Forum List

Back