Americas first and best motto

wihosa

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2008
E pluribus unum
From many, one
It has been the motto of the United States since our founding, appearing on the front of the Great Seal of The United States. It also appears on the Official Seal of the President of the U.S. as well as the official seals of the US Congress, US Senate, US House of Reps. and the US Supreme Court .

The idea expressed by E I pluribus unum is why America works. We have always been a .'conglomerate nation' composed of different immigrant groups. People of different language, faith, race and customs. This reality is why our Declaration of Independence and Constitution don't mention God or Jesus. The Constitution in fact prohibits any religious test for any elected office in the United States as well as the establishment of an official state religion E pluribus unum is inclusive. God unfortunately is divisive .

American is not a color, blood or faith. It is the logical belief that we are all equal in our humanity and equal before the law. Equal in our rights and duties.

E pluribus unum is what made America great.

Franklin opined, possibly in jest, that the national bird should be a wild turkey. ;)

There's a story that Benjamin Franklin thought the turkey should be the national bird instead of the eagle. In a 1784 letter addressed to Sarah, his daughter, Franklin wrote:

"For my own part I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country. He is a bird of bad moral character. He does not get his living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead tree, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the labour of the fishing hawk; and when that diligent bird has at length taken a fish, and is bearing it to his nest for the support of his mate and young ones, the bald eagle pursues him, and takes it from him. . . . the turkey is in comparison a much more respectable bird, and withal a true original native of America."

ZG4tXZMq8BGE2z5gDDc7EP-650-80.jpg.webp

Franklin opined, possibly in jest, that the national bird should be a wild turkey. ;)

There's a story that Benjamin Franklin thought the turkey should be the national bird instead of the eagle. In a 1784 letter addressed to Sarah, his daughter, Franklin wrote:

"For my own part I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative of our country. He is a bird of bad moral character. He does not get his living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead tree, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the labour of the fishing hawk; and when that diligent bird has at length taken a fish, and is bearing it to his nest for the support of his mate and young ones, the bald eagle pursues him, and takes it from him. . . . the turkey is in comparison a much more respectable bird, and withal a true original native of America."

ZG4tXZMq8BGE2z5gDDc7EP-650-80.jpg.webp
Franklin never proposed the turkey as the national bird. That's a myth.

We are a nation of mutts.

And those mutts absolutely crushed the white supremacist Nazi regime.

God Bless Merka!

Forum List

Back