An all-out delegate revolt at the Republican National Convention.

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
This is going to be better then wrestle mania on steroids

White christian party wars

A Colorado delegate bound to Cruz who will serve on the GOP Rules Committee told ABC News that she plans to introduce a clause that would allow delegates to vote their conscience.

"All I'm doing is adapting to the circumstances," Kendal Unruh told ABC. "I certainly believe Trump's demagogic racist comments are hurting him."

Anti-Trump Republicans seek last-ditch delegate revolt - CNNPolitics.com

A Colorado delegate bound to Cruz who will serve on the GOP Rules Committee told ABC News that she plans to introduce a clause that would allow delegates to vote their conscience.

"All I'm doing is adapting to the circumstances," Kendal Unruh told ABC. "I certainly believe Trump's demagogic racist comments are hurting him."

Anti-Trump Republicans seek last-ditch delegate revolt - CNNPolitics.com
Bet there are too many Repubs who have been hypnotized into believing that the world as we know it will fail if they cannot nominate the next handful of Supreme Court justices. The Repubs are in a very hard place.

Funny that so many depend on delegates ignoring their promise to the people who cast votes for them. In the first balloting, the delegates are required to vote as they promised. To allow them to vote for someone else if their conscience is hijacking the process. Their conscience obviously didn't bother them during the primaries.

Funny that so many depend on delegates ignoring their promise to the people who cast votes for them. In the first balloting, the delegates are required to vote as they promised. To allow them to vote for someone else if their conscience is hijacking the process. Their conscience obviously didn't bother them during the primaries.
That's a minor quibble at this point, considering what is at stake.

I hardly think there will be a revolt. More like just voting how each delegate wants to after a couple of boring speeches.

That's a minor quibble at this point, considering what is at stake.

Minor quibble? Changing what the people voted for is a minor quibble? No, it is the undermining of the entire process.

Minor quibble? Changing what the people voted for is a minor quibble? No, it is the undermining of the entire process.
Not if there's good legal cause. If the RNC delegates find that a candidate is too highly offensive to the base or poses an immediate threat of legal impeachment the minute he enters office, the delegates can change their minds as undoubtedly many thousands of voters have after casting for Trump in the primaries. Imagine if many of the original people who voted for Trump now regret it? Don't they have recourse too through their delegates? Or is everybody going to be forced to fully digest a blatant mistake?

I doubt if Republicans will ignore the obvious choice of the voters

They are stuck with Trump

Too bad they're not going to be allowed to bring their guns.

Would have made for some entertaining Summer TV.

agree....they have no choices left to them, unless it is in the rules that they are allowed to have a no-confidence vote, which would open up the convention???

agree....they have no choices left to them, unless it is in the rules that they are allowed to have a no-confidence vote, which would open up the convention???
Earlier in this primary process, the RNC folk were on tv endlessly spouting that the PARTY not the PEOPLE choose the candidate. Now it's changed? No, the RNC just doesn't seem able to overcome their excitement at having a whole bunch of passionate voters supporting a nominee waving their banner. Unfortunately for them, the nominee does not, apparently, actually represent the Party. It is up to them to fix, if they can get over their greed.

Not if there's good legal cause. If the RNC delegates find that a candidate is too highly offensive to the base or poses an immediate threat of legal impeachment the minute he enters office, the delegates can change their minds as undoubtedly many thousands of voters have after casting for Trump in the primaries. Imagine if many of the original people who voted for Trump now regret it? Don't they have recourse too through their delegates? Or is everybody going to be forced to fully digest a blatant mistake?

Unless you have some magical way of knowing what they want, you are bypassing the will of the voters. And Trump was saying the same shit before most primary votes were cast.

On the other hand I doubt they will ignore the "buyer's regret" of hundreds of thousands of Trump primary voters who now wish they could recast. The Will of the People isn't static. It changes with new information.

It's like meeting that really hot girl or guy and falling deeply and blindly in love with them, telling the whole world about your love...pledging an engagement and setting a wedding date. Then one day while getting some milk out of their basement fridge, you discover human bones and clothing poking up through the bricks of the foundation....then your eyes notice a shovel parked in a dimly lit corner with fresh dirt still on its tip...

You're allowed to change your mind..

The convention is a month away

Republicans will hold their noses and pretend they supported Trump all along

Meanwhile, they will work behind the scenes to ensure Trump gets minimal support and he doesn't damage other races

Earlier in this primary process, the RNC folk were on tv endlessly spouting that the PARTY not the PEOPLE choose the candidate. Now it's changed? No, the RNC just doesn't seem able to overcome their excitement at having a whole bunch of passionate voters supporting a nominee waving their banner. Unfortunately for them, the nominee does not, apparently, actually represent the Party. It is up to them to fix, if they can get over their greed.
In principle I think the RNC was right when it came to their rules, but wrong on trying to change the will of their party members, the voters... HOWEVER, our Nation should come FIRST and foremost, and Trump is unfit for the office...his mouth, his thinking on what is ok to do...willing to nuke an allied Nation, wanting to commit war crimes by killing intentionally the wives and children of terrorists, ban all Muslims which breaks the first, what he can say about a judge or any citizen to ruin their lives as a presidential candidate, his bigotry, his continual without a breath in between.. lying, his arrogance and ignorance, his divisiness and his willingness and readiness to declare himself god....

I'm sorry, but if the RNC sticks with doing nothing....they are not Americans....they are simply Republicans...

and I do understand they are between a rock and a hard place, but country should come first and no matter the dislike and distrust of Hillary (she will be watched like a hawk by the R's), Trump will not be and he is very dangerous and should never ever in a million gazillion years, be President of this great Nation....IMO.

On the other hand I doubt they will ignore the "buyer's regret" of hundreds of thousands of Trump primary voters who now wish they could recast. The Will of the People isn't static. It changes with new information.

It's like meeting that really hot girl or guy and falling deeply and blindly in love with them, telling the whole world about your love...pledging an engagement and setting a wedding date. Then one day while getting some milk out of their basement fridge, you discover human bones and clothing poking up through the bricks of the foundation....then your eyes notice a shovel parked in a dimly lit corner with fresh dirt still on its tip...

You're allowed to change your mind..

What has Trump done recently, that he had not done before the primaries?

And how do you know the voters didn't like it?

Alabama hadn't had a republican gov since the reconstruction. But the Democratic Party overrode the voters and put their man on the ticket, despite him losing to another dem by a slight margin. The voters got pissed and elected Guy Hunt, a primitive baptist minister with no experience. The GOP didn't have a candidate (other than Hunt) because we always elected Dems. Guy Hunt was a disaster. But it taught the party an important lesson.

Signs have been shifting, indicating "buyer's regret"...

Stephanie Cegielski:
An Open Letter to Trump Voters from His Top Strategist-Turned-Defector

http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephanie-cegielski-donald-trump-campaign-defector
I am now taking full responsibility for helping create this monster — and reaching out directly to those voters who, like me, wanted Trump to be the real deal.

My support for Trump began probably like yours did. Similar to so many other Americans, I was tired of the rhetoric in Washington. Negativity and stubbornness were at an all-time high, and the presidential prospects didn't look promising.

In 2015, I fell in love with the idea of the protest candidate who was not bought by corporations. A man who sat in a Manhattan high-rise he had built, making waves as a straight talker with a business background, full of successes and failures, who wanted America to return to greatness.

I was sold.

Last summer, I signed on as the Communications Director of the Make America Great Again Super PAC....

It wasn't long before every day I awoke to a buzzing phone and a shaking head because Trump had said something politically incorrect the night before. I have been around politics long enough to know that the other side will pounce on any and every opportunity to smear a candidate.

But something surprising and absolutely unexpected happened. Every other candidate misestimated the anger and outrage of the “silent majority” of Americans who are not a part of the liberal elite. So with each statement came a jump in the polls. Just when I thought we were finished, The Donald gained more popularity.

I don't think even Trump thought he would get this far. And I don’t even know that he wanted to, which is perhaps the scariest prospect of all.

He certainly was never prepared or equipped to go all the way to the White House, but his ego has now taken over the driver's seat, and nothing else matters. The Donald does not fail. The Donald does not have any weakness. The Donald is his own biggest enemy.

Stephanie is a graduate of the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. She has worked in both the public and private sectors, serving a Governor, an Attorney General and three Secretaries of State while living in Colorado. Stephanie began her career in corporate finance but now works in public relations and communications. http://www.xojane.com/author/stephanie-cegielski

In principle I think the RNC was right when it came to their rules, but wrong on trying to change the will of their party members, the voters... HOWEVER, our Nation should come FIRST and foremost, and Trump is unfit for the office...his mouth, his thinking on what is ok to do...willing to nuke an allied Nation, wanting to commit war crimes by killing intentionally the wives and children of terrorists, ban all Muslims which breaks the first, what he can say about a judge or any citizen to ruin their lives as a presidential candidate, his bigotry, his continual without a breath in between.. lying, his arrogance and ignorance, his divisiness and his willingness and readiness to declare himself god....

I'm sorry, but if the RNC sticks with doing nothing....they are not Americans....they are simply Republicans...

and I do understand they are between a rock and a hard place, but country should come first and no matter the dislike and distrust of Hillary (she will be watched like a hawk by the R's), Trump will not be and he is very dangerous and should never ever in a million gazillion years, be President of this great Nation....IMO.

Which is more dangerous, President Trump or showing the people their votes don't count and that the party thinks them too stupid to decide for themselves?

Which is more dangerous, President Trump or showing the people their votes don't count and that the party thinks them too stupid to decide for themselves?
..Or acknowledging those voters' "buyer's regret" and placating their new wishes just before it's too late?

Forum List

Back