An all-out delegate revolt at the Republican National Convention.

I doubt if Republicans will ignore the obvious choice of the voters

They are stuck with Trump
agree....they have no choices left to them, unless it is in the rules that they are allowed to have a no-confidence vote, which would open up the convention???
Earlier in this primary process, the RNC folk were on tv endlessly spouting that the PARTY not the PEOPLE choose the candidate. Now it's changed? No, the RNC just doesn't seem able to overcome their excitement at having a whole bunch of passionate voters supporting a nominee waving their banner. Unfortunately for them, the nominee does not, apparently, actually represent the Party. It is up to them to fix, if they can get over their greed.
In principle I think the RNC was right when it came to their rules, but wrong on trying to change the will of their party members, the voters... HOWEVER, our Nation should come FIRST and foremost, and Trump is unfit for the office...his mouth, his thinking on what is ok to do...willing to nuke an allied Nation, wanting to commit war crimes by killing intentionally the wives and children of terrorists, ban all Muslims which breaks the first, what he can say about a judge or any citizen to ruin their lives as a presidential candidate, his bigotry, his continual without a breath in between.. lying, his arrogance and ignorance, his divisiness and his willingness and readiness to declare himself god....

I'm sorry, but if the RNC sticks with doing nothing....they are not Americans....they are simply Republicans...

and I do understand they are between a rock and a hard place, but country should come first and no matter the dislike and distrust of Hillary (she will be watched like a hawk by the R's), Trump will not be and he is very dangerous and should never ever in a million gazillion years, be President of this great Nation....IMO.

Which is more dangerous, President Trump or showing the people their votes don't count and that the party thinks them too stupid to decide for themselves?
Like I said, between a Rock and a Hard place....

However, Rules of their party can always be changed in the future to cover that issue and satisfy their members need to make themselves the picker of the candidate...

by far and above, a Trump Presidency is worse for the Nation, much much much worse for America...imo.

if the issue is immigration, then get on to who actually legislates immigration, their congressmen and Senators,

get them to DO SOMETHING....instead of skirting their responsibility.

The "Rock & Hard Place" may be a myth. The RNC already has rules in place to disqualify candidates who are too repugnant to the base or who pose danger to their party of impeachment upon taking Office. If the RNC gets indication through freed delegates that the winds of their states' voters have changed with respect to Trump and his outrageous comments of late, and just an overall comprehensive and mounting feeling that "well it was cool before but wow! this guy can't stop himself"...and the rightful fear that would cause in "buyer's regret"...as compelling dates loom and things start to look "real"..., then the delegates may cast differently. Which is their right to do.

Kind of like getting engaged to that beautiful, charming, whacky, sodden, drunk bombastic gal you met at the bar last week, only as the wedding date looms closer, you find out that she doesn't have an "off" switch and you plan to raise kids with her...and truth be told...you hadn't really looked into her history...being so smitten and all by her initial good looks, charm and wit..

So it's more like between "Talc & a Marshmallow". Powdery, still sticky, but manageable before it's too late.

Last edited:
Which is more dangerous, President Trump or showing the people their votes don't count and that the party thinks them too stupid to decide for themselves?
..Or acknowledging those voters' "buyer's regret" and placating their new wishes just before it's too late?

You have absolutely no way of knowing what millions of voters want.

Trump was an ass at the beginning too. It is not a new thing that has happened.

I'm pissed off at the GOP about Trump. Trump is only the nominee not because he's qualified or knows WTF he's doing, he's there because in the past the GOP, and to a lesser extent the liberals, have put people in charge who did not reflect the people they represented. Trump does. The public is fed up with all this bullshit and Trump is the result.

I do question any post talking about "buyers remorse" with Trump when he has not even been elected president yet. It's hard to be remorseful about buying a new car if you didn't even drive it off the lot yet.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Truncheon Trump fail on first ballot just to see his little boy tantrum. "That's gold Jerry, GOLD!"

agree....they have no choices left to them, unless it is in the rules that they are allowed to have a no-confidence vote, which would open up the convention???
There wouldn’t be any point.

Even if republican party bosses managed to get the rules changed, and nominate someone other than Trump, the resulting revolt by Trump supporters would split the party so badly that whomever the nominee is, he couldn’t win.

Most outraged Trump supporters would refuse to vote for the ‘new’ nominee, resulting in another 1912.

As correctly noted by others: republicans are stuck with Trump.

In fact, that makes an excellent campaign slogan for the GOP this year:

“Stuck With Trump – 2016”

This is going to be better then wrestle mania on steroids

White christian party wars

A Colorado delegate bound to Cruz who will serve on the GOP Rules Committee told ABC News that she plans to introduce a clause that would allow delegates to vote their conscience.

"All I'm doing is adapting to the circumstances," Kendal Unruh told ABC. "I certainly believe Trump's demagogic racist comments are hurting him."

Anti-Trump Republicans seek last-ditch delegate revolt - CNNPolitics.com

Trump's demogogic racist comments are hurting him.

But he won so he should be the nominee.

Earlier in this primary process, the RNC folk were on tv endlessly spouting that the PARTY not the PEOPLE choose the candidate. Now it's changed? No, the RNC just doesn't seem able to overcome their excitement at having a whole bunch of passionate voters supporting a nominee waving their banner. Unfortunately for them, the nominee does not, apparently, actually represent the Party. It is up to them to fix, if they can get over their greed.
In principle I think the RNC was right when it came to their rules, but wrong on trying to change the will of their party members, the voters... HOWEVER, our Nation should come FIRST and foremost, and Trump is unfit for the office...his mouth, his thinking on what is ok to do...willing to nuke an allied Nation, wanting to commit war crimes by killing intentionally the wives and children of terrorists, ban all Muslims which breaks the first, what he can say about a judge or any citizen to ruin their lives as a presidential candidate, his bigotry, his continual without a breath in between.. lying, his arrogance and ignorance, his divisiness and his willingness and readiness to declare himself god....

I'm sorry, but if the RNC sticks with doing nothing....they are not Americans....they are simply Republicans...

and I do understand they are between a rock and a hard place, but country should come first and no matter the dislike and distrust of Hillary (she will be watched like a hawk by the R's), Trump will not be and he is very dangerous and should never ever in a million gazillion years, be President of this great Nation....IMO.

We still have the Electoral College, which says, essentially, that the individual voter does not count. As long as we have the Electoral College, representatives cast the final votes for the president, not individuals. Our presidents are not elected by popular vote: the biggest irony of the most 'democratic' country in the world.

We still have the Electoral College, which says, essentially, that the individual voter does not count. As long as we have the Electoral College, representatives cast the final votes for the president, not individuals. Our presidents are not elected by popular vote: the biggest irony of the most 'democratic' country in the world.

If I am not mistaken, the delegates are required to vote as they said they would for the first vote at the convention.

There wouldn’t be any point.

Even if republican party bosses managed to get the rules changed, and nominate someone other than Trump, the resulting revolt by Trump supporters would split the party so badly that whomever the nominee is, he couldn’t win.

Most outraged Trump supporters would refuse to vote for the ‘new’ nominee, resulting in another 1912.

As correctly noted by others: republicans are stuck with Trump.

In fact, that makes an excellent campaign slogan for the GOP this year:

“Stuck With Trump – 2016”
yes, Hillary will win, regardless, but that's not the point....we need to undo the damage Trump has already done to our Country and show the world and Nation that we are NOT bigoted racist ignorant lunatics as the man of lawlessness...mr. trump, has been portraying....imo... and the RNC needs saving too, I don't want a one party system... it would be even more unhealthy than this dysfunctional 2 party system has become.

If I am not mistaken, the delegates are required to vote as they said they would for the first vote at the convention.

The Electoral College has nothing to do with the convention.

It has to do with the general election in November.

What is the Electoral College?

The Electoral College is made up of 538 electors who cast votes to decide the President and Vice-President of the United States. When voters go to the polls on Tuesday, they will be choosing which candidate receives their state’s electors. The candidate who receives a majority of electoral votes (270) wins the Presidency. The number 538 is the sum of the nation’s 435 Representatives, 100 Senators, and 3 electors given to the District of Columbia.

How does the Electoral College work?

Every four years, voters go to the polls and select a candidate for President and Vice-President. In all but two states, the candidate who wins the majority of votes in a state wins that state’s electoral votes. In Nebraska and Maine, electoral votes are assigned by proportional representation, meaning that the top vote-getter in those states wins two electoral votes (for the two Senators) while the remaining electoral votes are allocated congressional district by congressional district. These rules make it possible for both candidates to receive electoral votes from Nebraska and Maine, unlike the winner-take-all system in the other 48 states.

How are the electors selected?

This process varies from state to state. Usually, political parties nominate electors at their state conventions. Sometimes that process occurs by a vote of the party’s central committee. The electors are usually state-elected officials, party leaders, or people with a strong affiliation with the Presidential candidates.

Do electors have to vote for their party’s candidate?

Neither the Constitution nor Federal election laws compel electors to vote for their party’s candidate. That said, twenty-seven states have laws on the books that require electors to vote for their party’s candidate if that candidate gets a majority of the state’s popular vote. In 24 states, no such laws apply, but common practice is for electors to vote for their party’s nominee.

What happens if no one gets a majority of Electoral College votes?

If no one gets a majority of electoral votes, the election is thrown to the U.S. House of Representatives. The top three contenders face off with each state casting one vote. Whoever wins a majority of states wins the election. The process is the same for the Vice Presidency, except that the U.S. Senate makes that selection.

Can you lose the popular vote and win the electoral college vote?

Yes, a candidate could lose the popular vote and win the electoral college vote. This happened to George W. Bush in 2000, who lost the popular vote to Al Gore by .51% but won the electoral college 271 to 266.

When does the Electoral College cast its votes?

Each state’s electors meet on the Monday following the second Wednesday of December. They cast their votes then, and those votes are sent to the President of the Senate who reads them before both houses of Congress on January 6th.

Why does the Electoral College matter?

The Electoral College determines the President and Vice-President of the United States. The Electoral College system also distinguishes the United States from other systems where the highest vote-getter automatically wins. This so-called “indirect election” process has been the subject of criticism and attempted reform, though proponents of it maintain that it ensures the rights of smaller states and stands as an important piece of American federalist democracy.

Al Gore should have been president. It sure would have made a hell of a difference.

Last edited:
RNC Website Doesn’t Mention Trump
June 11, 2016
11130168_1659282627628818_4057877334859488811_n.jpg
10410427_1659281397628941_2337718463549695005_n.jpg

Steven Benen: “The RNC’s homepage has two pictures of Hillary Clinton, but zero of Trump. Click on the ‘View All Articles’ link for the latest RNC blog posts and press releases, and you’ll find plenty of content, but of the top 20 items, 19 attacked Hillary Clinton, while one attacked President Obama. Here, too, there wasn’t a single Trump mention.”

“If you didn’t know anything about politics and you stumbled onto the RNC’s site, you might think the election were some kind of referendum on whether or not Clinton deserves support, rather than a choice between competing candidates.”

RNC Website Doesn’t Mention Trump
June 11, 2016
11130168_1659282627628818_4057877334859488811_n.jpg
10410427_1659281397628941_2337718463549695005_n.jpg

Steven Benen: “The RNC’s homepage has two pictures of Hillary Clinton, but zero of Trump. Click on the ‘View All Articles’ link for the latest RNC blog posts and press releases, and you’ll find plenty of content, but of the top 20 items, 19 attacked Hillary Clinton, while one attacked President Obama. Here, too, there wasn’t a single Trump mention.”

“If you didn’t know anything about politics and you stumbled onto the RNC’s site, you might think the election were some kind of referendum on whether or not Clinton deserves support, rather than a choice between competing candidates.”

That is hilarious. Even among the party of the crazies they can't find someone that all the crazies can get behind.

Jesus H they have "reagan/bush '84" coffee mugs front and center! They can't find anything positive in that party sooner than 30 years ago! So they have to go back to the criminal reagan and his running mate.

Is that even a political party any more?

Forum List

Back