An argument for nationalizing Hollywood and mainstream media

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
(This includes many "Social Media" celebrities)

Most celebrities are uneducated idiots who shouldn't be allowed to express their political views or have an opinion on anything at all other than their mediocre acting and singing careers.

I'm tempted to be in favor of just shutting them down and preventing these pedagogues from preying on the ignorance and stupidity of their consumerist followers myself.

The 1st Amendment is something that's really in need of a reconsideration altogether.

We instead, could simply consider nationalizing the entire media, including the entertainment industry, and censoring anything which doesn't promote values conductive to a healthy nation.

Simply take their rights away by the stroke of a pin, and then they can't claim their fictitious "rights" are being violated, since they simply won't have any, he he he

Amazing how many "conservatives" now seem to want things more like Russia.

• Banned
As long as we can get rid of scum like Mark Hamil and his ilk, it's good enough by me at this point.

As long as we can get rid of scum like Mark Hamil and his ilk, it's good enough by me at this point.
State run media everywhere has one thing in common, it totally sucks as entertainment. It's why American entertainment is in demand all over the world.

• Banned
State run media everywhere has one thing in common, it totally sucks as entertainment. It's why American entertainment is in demand all over the world.
Yeah, but "entertainment" itself sucks, in comparison to more serious hobbies and pursuits.

Most celebrities are uneducated idiots who shouldn't be allowed to express their political views or have an opinion on anything at all other than their mediocre acting and singing careers.

I'm tempted to be in favor of just shutting them down and preventing these pedagogues from preying on the ignorance and stupidity of their consumerist followers myself.

The 1st Amendment is something that's really in need of a reconsideration altogether.

We instead, could simply consider nationalizing the entire media, including the entertainment industry, and censoring anything which doesn't promote values conductive to a healthy nation.

Simply take their rights away by the stroke of a pin, and then they can't claim their fictitious "rights" are being violated, since they simply won't have any, he he he
leninsmile4pv.jpg

Sounds like you want the US to be like N. Korea.

AUTHORITARIANISM, exactly how Cuba, Venezuela, China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, N. Korea - need I go on - are governed. I hope this OP is sarcasm, and was tolling to out some members of the USMB who want to live under the boots of the Federal Government.

I sure find it quite easy to avoid the opinions from Hollywood, heck at my age the great majority of celebrities I know of are long dead.

Not quite sure what defines the "mainstream media" these days. Figure it starts with the three networks but from there it's a gray area to me. Still I find it hard to take seriously the complaints. Back in the day these complaints warranted instruction concerning the use of the on/off knob. Now-a-days one just needs to press a button without even getting out of one's chair.

Time to catch some Louis Prima on YouTube.

Forum List

Back