An Economic Stimulus I can Support

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
The lefties and those who flunked Econ 101 keep claiming that "getting money into the hands of people who spend it" will revitalize the economy. That's horse hockey, but never mind. Here's an idea to do just that and maybe save the republic while we're at it.
Let's authorize payment of $2500 to every person with a voter registration card who turns in their card and waives their right to vote forever.
How about it?

LOL Rab. That's funny. But that would break FEC regulation though. Even though I would love to see it happen.

Why? We disqualify people from voting for all kinds of reasons. Here it is simply voluntary.

I see. And you are right. But there are certain people I wished that, who under no circumstance should be allowed to vote: Obama supporters.

The lefties and those who flunked Econ 101 keep claiming that "getting money into the hands of people who spend it" will revitalize the economy. That's horse hockey, but never mind. Here's an idea to do just that and maybe save the republic while we're at it.
Let's authorize payment of $2500 to every person with a voter registration card who turns in their card and waives their right to vote forever.
How about it?

So let's start with yours. I'll give you a match.

Sarah Palin would have to disagree with you, though. She taxed the oil companies in Alaska and gave every Alaskan resident a check for $1200 and claims it boosted the economy enormously by helping Alaskans cope with high gas prices. Not a bad idea considering that the oil companies get billions every year in federal subsidies.

PolitiFact | Each Alaskan got $1,200

Last edited:
How about it?

Sarah Palin would have to disagree with you, though. She taxed the oil companies in Alaska and gave every Alaskan resident a check for $1200 and claims it boosted the economy enormously by helping Alaskans cope with high gas prices.

Wow, how did Sarah Palin enter this discussion? My my aren't we obsessed with her?

LOL Rab. That's funny. But that would break FEC regulation though. Even though I would love to see it happen.

Why? We disqualify people from voting for all kinds of reasons. Here it is simply voluntary.

I see. And you are right. But there are certain people I wished that, who under no circumstance should be allowed to vote: Obama supporters.

I can see how you would feel that way given the GOP has lost the last two elections....and badly. McCain-Palin-Romney-Ryan....(LOSERS)

How about it?

Sarah Palin would have to disagree with you, though. She taxed the oil companies in Alaska and gave every Alaskan resident a check for $1200 and claims it boosted the economy enormously by helping Alaskans cope with high gas prices. Not a bad idea considering that the oil companies get billions every year in federal subsidies.

I hadnt realized you considered Sarah Palin an expert in economics. But whatever.

How about it?

Sarah Palin would have to disagree with you, though. She taxed the oil companies in Alaska and gave every Alaskan resident a check for $1200 and claims it boosted the economy enormously by helping Alaskans cope with high gas prices.

Wow, how did Sarah Palin enter this discussion? My my aren't we obsessed with her?

Oh, I see. Can't handle the facts. OK, I guess I'm obsessed with Ted Cruz, too.

After Calling Sandy Aid Wasteful, Ted Cruz Asks For All Available Resources for Texas

After Calling Sandy Aid Wasteful, Ted Cruz Asks For All Available Resources for Texas

How about it?

I hadnt realized you considered Sarah Palin an expert in economics. But whatever.

Well, you would think a state governor could pass "Econ 101".....

You loonies are the ones who need to have your voter cards destroyed. You would have put her in second command and she doesn't even KNOW where Syria is much less that it's a country.

No, you're just a dipshit and you're derailing my thread.

The lefties and those who flunked Econ 101 keep claiming that "getting money into the hands of people who spend it" will revitalize the economy. That's horse hockey, but never mind.

Never mind? Where did you learn Econ?!?! Money making the rounds is what makes an economy thrive, creating demand and jobs.

Your O/P is so lame that it didn't take much, did it?
Try again or better yet, why don't you give us a lecture in "Econ 101"?

The lefties and those who flunked Econ 101 keep claiming that "getting money into the hands of people who spend it" will revitalize the economy. That's horse hockey, but never mind.

Never mind? Where did you learn Econ?!?! Money making the rounds is what makes an economy thrive, creating demand and jobs.

Yes of course it is. That's why the rebate checks failed every time they were tried. Go back to sleep and come back when you wake up.

Thank you, that's just what I was going to post, too. If money stops moving, the economy does too. I mean, even an idiot can understand that logic. So what does that make the Rabbi?

Your O/P is so lame that it didn't take much, did it?
Try again or better yet, why don't you give us a lecture in "Econ 101"?

Sure. First rule: There is no such thing as a free lunch.
Second, whatever was done under Obama, the opposite is the correct course.

Thank you, that's just what I was going to post, too. If money stops moving, the economy does too. I mean, even an idiot can understand that logic. So what does that make the Rabbi?

See, you believe these things even though they simply aren't true. What does that say about you?

See, you believe these things even though they simply aren't true. What does that say about you?

Yes, let's barter away

Yes of course it is. That's why the rebate checks failed every time they were tried. Go back to sleep and come back when you wake up.

Oh, you mean like Bush's tax cuts? You're right about that!

Bush Tax Cuts Have Provided Extremely Large Benefits to Wealthiest Americans Over Last Nine Years

Bush Tax Cuts Have Provided Extremely Large Benefits to Wealthiest Americans Over Last Nine Years ? Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

You're the one who's not only asleep, but in a walking COMA.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back