An intelligent discussion on the GOP

The ideological split in the GOP played out in the Democrat party in 1972. Then, the Democrats nominated George McGovern, a radical Liberal and was saved only by the actions of the criminal Nixon. But the DNC remained split until Bill Clinton's Democrat Action Counsel in 1992. A generation of Democrats suffered from the split.

Do Republicans want to repeat history?

Parties change over time. I was just going to bring up the same thing you did. The D's were split in the 70s and the 90s. The Republicans were split in the 70s as well, with Reagan challenging Ford in the 76 election. The Republicans may be going through another realignment, but I don't see why that's automatically assumed by their opponents to be a bad thing. If anything, the Democrats should want the GOP establishment to stand solid on their failed ideas. If a newly renovated party emerges that is more appealing to the youth vote and Hispanic Americans that's not good for the Dems.

If the party is realigned to the right I see the Hispanic vote as pretty much gone. It's always the conservatives that are so anti-immigrant, just listen to a few things from Steve King.

I think the direction the party is currently taken is realigning to the right and changing it's focus away from the southwest part of the country to the midwest. Michigan and Pennsylvania don't have much of a Latino vote and they're generally more elderly with their populations too.

If the GOP does find it's success with moving to the right and winning the midwest, it'll probably cement them in that direction for the foreseeable future.

As long as the GOP doesn't pick lightning rod candidates that want to make people read the Bible in first grade, outlaw all abortions the day they take office, etc....then they can destroy the Democraps.

Most Americans oppose abortion and will support tightening the noose on getting rid of abortion, but only in a stealth like mode not all out war on abortion firing up the abortion murderers to show up in mass at elections.

Just because a few GOP people in DC are only about protecting themselves doesn't make the entire group rotten.

The sales pitch by losertarians to be more like them is hilarious. You can't even win the GOP nominee yet keep telling us to be "liberals that don't like big GOV" to win elections. Strange how the GOP has owned the White House 20 of the last 34 years....but we're supposed to be losertarians to really appeal to "middle Americans."

The country is not the same as it was 34 years ago. Generations change. If you ignore that then you do so at your own peril.

The social conservative mantra isn't a winning issue for the GOP anymore. We saw that with several races in 2010 and 2012 (Nevada, Colorado, Missouri, Indiana) in which the GOP should have won and blew it because they espoused a viewpoint that people now consider offensive. Yet, you'll notice some strong social conservative candidates like Pat Toomey won in Democratic leaning Pennsylvania and it's no coincidence that he ignored most of those conversations and kept his message on the economy and ObamaCare.

If the party is realigned to the right I see the Hispanic vote as pretty much gone. It's always the conservatives that are so anti-immigrant, just listen to a few things from Steve King.

Steve King is a dufus and most people, unless they pay attention to the politics at the level we do, don't even know who he is. I think the Republicans should put up and pass a form of the Dream Act, just because it's morally the right thing to do, but as far as illegal immigration goes, polling has shown that Hispanic Americans don't really care about it. It's not a big issue for them. They have the same concerns as everyone else.

I think the direction the party is currently taken is realigning to the right and changing it's focus away from the southwest part of the country to the midwest. Michigan and Pennsylvania don't have much of a Latino vote and they're generally more elderly with their populations too.

Agreed, I think the GOP should put a lot of money and energy into states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa to pull them over to the GOP columns. Those states are all very close, but have just managed to elude the GOP in last several presidential elections (although Bush did win Iowa in 2004) by small margins.

The ideological split in the GOP played out in the Democrat party in 1972. Then, the Democrats nominated George McGovern, a radical Liberal and was saved only by the actions of the criminal Nixon. But the DNC remained split until Bill Clinton's Democrat Action Counsel in 1992. A generation of Democrats suffered from the split.

Parties change over time. I was just going to bring up the same thing you did. The D's were split in the 70s and the 90s. The Republicans were split in the 70s as well, with Reagan challenging Ford in the 76 election. The Republicans may be going through another realignment, but I don't see why that's automatically assumed by their opponents to be a bad thing. If anything, the Democrats should want the GOP establishment to stand solid on their failed ideas. If a newly renovated party emerges that is more appealing to the youth vote and Hispanic Americans that's not good for the Dems.

If the GOP does find it's success with moving to the right and winning the midwest, it'll probably cement them in that direction for the foreseeable future.

I look at the whole thing with mixed emotions, like watching my mother-in-law drive off a cliff in my new Jaguar. While it is satisfying to see the republicans embrace guaranteed loser agendas, a one party system is definately bad. Mexico had one of those for almost a hundred years.

The GOP abandoned any Hispanic support this week when Boehner capitulated to the Tea Party faction on immigration. And so long as capitulation persists on social issues, the youth vote will ignore the GOP this November and in 2016.

The problem with the new radical right, as I see it, is their flame throws heat but no light. Obstruct, destroy and impune Obama is not a winning issue. He has already been re-elected. If the Right Wing Republicans want votes, offer real solutions, not mere obstruction.

Last edited:

Steve King is a dufus and most people, unless they pay attention to the politics at the level we do, don't even know who he is. I think the Republicans should put up and pass a form of the Dream Act, just because it's morally the right thing to do, but as far as illegal immigration goes, polling has shown that Hispanic Americans don't really care about it. It's not a big issue for them. They have the same concerns as everyone else.

Agreed, I think the GOP should put a lot of money and energy into states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa to pull them over to the GOP columns. Those states are all very close, but have just managed to elude the GOP in last several presidential elections (although Bush did win Iowa in 2004) by small margins.

How freaking sad it is that with all of this information at out fingertips political parties have to pump millions into a traveling freak show to get their message out.

Strange....I didn't realize illegal Hispanics are allowed to vote???

So the GOP is supposed to cater to NON-AMERICANS? Uh, bullshit.

The illegals are a threat to workers and minorities...and young people. People that want jobs or access to welfare programs will get screwed when 10M-15M more people are allowed to get in line.

It is basic fucking math, finite math. There is not an endless supply of jobs and an endless supply of welfare money for those without a job.

The GOP abandoned any Hispanic support this week when Boehner capitulated to the Tea Party faction on immigration. And so long as capitulation persists on social issues, the youth vote will ignore the GOP this November and in 2016.

The problem with the new radical right, as I see it, is their flame throws heat but no light. Obstruct, destroy and impune Obama is not a winning issue. He has already been re-elected. If the Right Wing Republicans want votes, offer real solutions, not mere obstruction.

The GOP abandoned any Hispanic support this week when Boehner capitulated to the Tea Party faction on immigration.

No, he didn't.

And so long as capitulation persists on social issues, the youth vote will ignore the GOP this November and in 2016.

Agreed

Agreed. Merely being the anti-Obama isn't enough. They need to come up and rally around some real solutions and ideas, similar to the Contract with America in 1994.

Most blacks don't understand the threat of this Hispanic invasion from south of the border. They somehow believe these illegals will make the Democraps stronger thus more goodies for them.

They fail to realize the goodies are limited and will run out, and that illegals will help clean out the goodies if given the chance.

Jobs....as Biden said "a 3 letter word...J-O-B-S!!!!" Well, Hispanics invading this country are stealing jobs from blacks and will steal more if given the green light to stay here thanks to the Chamber of Commerce and their Democrap buddies making $$$ off the deal.

So black people keep on supporting your white and black handlers in DC trying to destroy lives with more illegals moving into your hood....just ask the blacks in LA how much they looooooove the illegal Hispanics.

The irony which is too deep for blacks is that they should move to the GOP to save themselves.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-op-hernandez7jan07,0,170115.story#axzz2tVd4opSS

Last edited:
Most blacks don't understand the threat of this Hispanic invasion from south of the border. They somehow believe these illegals will make the Democraps stronger thus more goodies for them.

They fail to realize the goodies are limited and will run out, and that illegals will help clean out the goodies if given the chance.

Jobs....as Biden said "a 3 letter word...J-O-B-S!!!!" Well, Hispanics invading this country are stealing jobs from blacks and will steal more if given the green light to stay here thanks to the Chamber of Commerce and their Democrap buddies making $$$ off the deal.

So black people keep on supporting your white and black handlers in DC trying to destroy lives with more illegals moving into your hood....just ask the blacks in LA how much they looooooove the illegal Hispanics.

The irony which is too deep for blacks is that they should move to the GOP to save themselves.

Roots of Latino/black anger - latimes.com

Blacks have been screwed since Reagan/Moynahan.
And when all the Indian H1-Bs were laid off from the 2008 crash they replaced all the Blacks on Long Island.

If the GOP wants to win over minority voters they need to abandon their argument that "blacks just want free stuff". Some conservatives can't understand how that argument further alienates minority voters. You don't win over voters by talking down to them.

Aaaaaannnnd there goes the thread.

When you have a Republican House with historic lows and people at GOP presidential debates shouting out "let him die" and the GOP putting magical creationists on national technology and science committees and the constant manufactured scandals and the fact the party is 90% white, it's really, really hard to have an intelligent discussion.

Simply pointing out GOP policies and using actual video and quotes will make you a target for name calling and smears. Again and again I've said I can't make this stuff up. It's simply too outrageous.

And the recent thread on Fast and Furious? I asked if this is what it's about:

Obama is trying to get arms into the hands of Mexicans hoping they will kill Americans so he can create more gun restrictions.

Again and again, I was called liar and then it was explained.

Obama is trying to get arms into the hands of Mexicans hoping they will kill Americans so he can create more gun restrictions.

You see? They couldn't read what I wrote and then repeated what I said. And the USMB Republicans are typical of the entire Republican Party. Believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, many blacks, whites, Asians, Hispanics, etc want free stuff.

Stating FACTS should not be illegal.

Democraps just support the scum system of people living off other people because those people vote for them and keep them employed.

Democraps are willing to throw blacks under the bus for the growing Hispanic vote. Democraps know South America is closer to the USA than Africa, thus more Hispanic voters in the end....

If the GOP wants to win over minority voters they need to abandon their argument that "blacks just want free stuff". Some conservatives can't understand how that argument further alienates minority voters. You don't win over voters by talking down to them.

The GOP leadership does it to the GOP base and it works for them:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSmWK_-x4g]Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A]Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College - YouTube[/ame]

You're such a tool.

The Feds don't have any business in sending federal tax money to select cities to hire "local police, firemen and teachers," you stupid pile of shit.

The joke is those funds were only good for 1 year then the city had to find the money to keep paying for those workers....sounds like the obamacare scam on states. Obama just creates a larger bill for cities and states with his money laundering schemes.

The GOP leadership does it to the GOP base and it works for them:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSmWK_-x4g]Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkjbJOSwq3A]Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Democraps just support the scum system of people living off other people because those people vote for them and keep them employed.

Democraps are willing to throw blacks under the bus for the growing Hispanic vote. Democraps know South America is closer to the USA than Africa, thus more Hispanic voters in the end....

Nevermind. Keep up that argument. Blaming everbody but themselves for their failed message has served the GOP well so far. :eusa_hand:

I understand you, you're a scumbag that is ok with people living off the system and Democraps pandering to various groups behind the backs of other groups as long as it is a winner on election day.

Nevermind. Keep up that argument. Blaming everbody but themselves for their failed message has served the GOP well so far. :eusa_hand:

Aaaaaannnnd there goes the thread.

When you have a Republican House with historic lows and people at GOP presidential debates shouting out "let him die" and the GOP putting magical creationists on national technology and science committees and the constant manufactured scandals and the fact the party is 90% white, it's really, really hard to have an intelligent discussion.

Simply pointing out GOP policies and using actual video and quotes will make you a target for name calling and smears. Again and again I've said I can't make this stuff up. It's simply too outrageous.

And the recent thread on Fast and Furious? I asked if this is what it's about:

Again and again, I was called liar and then it was explained.

You see? They couldn't read what I wrote and then repeated what I said. And the USMB Republicans are typical of the entire Republican Party. Believe it.
Hey STUPID? The people give the ENTIRE CONGRESS low marks...that means BOTH HOUSES...and that means your boy tyrant REID as well...

What a fucking HACK you are.

Any party that gives a damn about America needs to make
-Education
-infrastructure
-Science
-and pro American business policies the center of their plan.

These parties need to work towards the advancement of America....1787 is long gone.

Ah hah! I KNEW you were a Commie?
The Republicans worship the Declaration of Independence and threw out the Preamble; better for business.

On the other hand, give the Dems 2 trillion for infrastructure and you think it's going to go into infrastructure?

Just ignore him. He's a dipshit. He says exactly the same thing in every fucking thread. He's a like a See 'N Say. Pull the cord and one of the same three choices keep coming up.

The irony is Matt proclaims to be such a big advocate of science and education when he is, in fact, a racist, thus the epitome of ignorance.

You sheep(Tea-party) say the same exact crap throughout 90 of every post throughout this political forum...>Cut, fuck and weaken America. You my friend are real fucking dip-shit as you're a extremist fool that offers nothing good for America.

At least I support America remaining the standard baring first rate science power and the advancement that brought success to this nation for the past 80 years. Somehow it isn't good enough for your party of extremist as you somehow want to cut the guts out of the area's that don't even cause the debt.

Don't you see???? Don't you people even try to look at the causes of the debt. Sure as hell isn't science, infrastructure and education.

Last edited:

I'll admit that he maybe right but you're also right as it is a loser for the gop.

Forum List

Back