An Oregon teen just got infected with the plague

IronFist

May 26, 2015
God damn. I thought bubonic plague was eradicated a century ago. I can't believe a teen could be infected with the plague in America. I'd perfectly understand it if it happened somewhere in China, India or another third world country. I hope it won't lead to another Black Death. It is the worst thing anyone can imagine. That's how Obamacare works; they can't even protect Americans from non-existent diseases.

The only disease that has been eradicated is Smallpox. All others are still quite dangerous and the plague is not uncommon in the Southwest of the USA.

Last edited:
God damn. I thought bubonic plague was eradicated a century ago. I can't believe a teen could be infected with the plague in America. I'd perfectly understand it if it happened somewhere in China, India or another third world country. I hope it won't lead to another Black Death. It is the worst thing anyone can imagine. That's how Obamacare works; they can't even protect Americans from non-existent diseases.
Nope...and there are signs in the mountains around here to not play with the rodents....

CDC - Maps & Statistics - Plague

USPlague70_12_611_pxWide.gif

Rare but it's does happen.

Yup... .

The only disease that has been eradicated is Smallpox. All others are still quite dangerous and the plague is not uncommon in the Southwest of the USA.

Last human case was 1977, till now. Traces, which are still contagious have been found in 2004 and in some animals.

There is not cure but most the vaccines have been disposed of. Some labs are allowed to test samples of the virus and vaccines. The fear is that if it does occur in humans that it might be drug resistant and it will lead to a pandemic.

We should still be afraid of smallpox. Military still give vaccines for those serving in a few over seas bases.

REPORT: Smallpox infection detected among Syrian refugees in Ozai complex

Plague is easily treated with streptomycin or gentamycin.

However, there's no known cure for Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Is this going to be like the internet panic when they showed pics of the ebola patients being flown home?

LOL You are blaming the ACA on this? You haven't got any critical thinking skills at all, have you?

Last human case was 1977, till now. Traces, which are still contagious have been found in 2004 and in some animals.
So you are saying all of these cases occurred between 1970 and 1977? That's unlikely.
USPlague70_12_611_pxWide.gif

Forum List

Back