...and Mexico is going to pay for it!

Did anyone actually believe Mexico would directly fund the wall?
What do you mean "did anyone actually believe"? A lot of people STILL believe it given that they swallowed the recent convoluted nonsense regarding the USMCA being the vehicle by which Mexico would pay for it.
By "directly fund the wall", I mean not using convoluted nonsense to explain how Mexico would pay for the wall. In other words, did anyone actually believe Mexico would write a check to pay for the wall?

Mexico can still pay for the wall if congress gets off its ass and passes a law to create a "remittance tax"
GOP lawmaker wants to tax money sent to Latin America
Except it should be on ALL money sent from the US, about $500b so a 1% tax is $5b in revenue, a 2% tax raises $10b, more than enough to pay for the wall and help with foreign aid or DHS

Interesting, I thought the GOP mantra was lowering taxes not raising them.:cool:

Mexico can still pay for the wall if congress gets off its ass and passes a law to create a "remittance tax"
Except it should be on ALL money sent from the US, about $500b so a 1% tax is $5b in revenue, a 2% tax raises $10b, more than enough to pay for the wall and help with foreign aid or DHS

Interesting, I thought the GOP mantra was lowering taxes not raising them.:cool:
Taxing foreigners doesn't count as a tax on citizens and voters. The US should get some benefit from that money that should be spent here creating jobs and paying taxes instead of being sent overseas for free.

What do you mean "did anyone actually believe"? A lot of people STILL believe it given that they swallowed the recent convoluted nonsense regarding the USMCA being the vehicle by which Mexico would pay for it.
By "directly fund the wall", I mean not using convoluted nonsense to explain how Mexico would pay for the wall. In other words, did anyone actually believe Mexico would write a check to pay for the wall?

Yeah, some people actually believed Mexico would write a check and some people appear to believe that convoluted nonsense regarding the USMCA is just another way of saying "Mexico will write a check". :dunno:

JaXUvis.jpg

Frankly, I don't care who pays for it. End all benefits to illegals and build the damned thing.
That takes legislation not a wall..

We'll see.
No seeing to it since the laws were passed during Bush sr and Clinton on the refugee act and immigration policy. If anything could be done by EO why the delay?

Don't worry. If the Democrats play the game they've been singing, you will see a flood of executive orders like you never imagined.
Hmmmm, I seem to remember conservitards having quivering hissy-fits when President Obama sent out EOs. Complete with porcine squeals of pain for the "unconstitutionality" of it all.

Surely you won't be a hypocrite and approve of tRump doing anything like that.

Taxing foreigners doesn't count as a tax on citizens and voters.
Er...ummm… Mike Rogers proposal (which was DOA BTW) wasn't about taxing "foreigners" it was about taxing ALL electronic transfers from the United States to recipients in certain countries, including those made by American Citizens.

The US should get some benefit from that money that should be spent here creating jobs and paying taxes instead of being sent overseas for free.

In other words you want the Federal Government to increase taxes, I thought Republicans were against increasing taxes.

Yeah, some people actually believed Mexico would write a check and some people appear to believe that convoluted nonsense regarding the USMCA is just another way of saying "Mexico will write a check". :dunno:
I don't see it as the same, but others do.

Frankly, I don't care who pays for it. End all benefits to illegals and build the damned thing.

We'll see.
No seeing to it since the laws were passed during Bush sr and Clinton on the refugee act and immigration policy. If anything could be done by EO why the delay?

Don't worry. If the Democrats play the game they've been singing, you will see a flood of executive orders like you never imagined.
Hmmmm, I seem to remember conservitards having quivering hissy-fits when President Obama sent out EOs. Complete with porcine squeals of pain for the "unconstitutionality" of it all.

I hope he buries the fuck out of you people with Executive orders. :113:

I didn't suspect that YOU did see it the same way.

I didn't suspect that YOU did see it the same way.
Sometimes its difficult being right.

We'll see.

So that would be a "yes" on the hypocrisy then.

We'll see.

So that would be a "yes" on the hypocrisy then.

Obama's exec orders were constitutionally questionable at best.

Forum List

Back