And now the NATO summit this week. Oh boy.

NATO has outlived its usefulness.

I'm good with Europe remaining in it and the U.S. being released from any obligations. It is now large enough and has enough member nations that the U.S. is not really needed.

I'm good with Europe remaining in it and the U.S. being released from any obligations. It is now large enough and has enough member nations that the U.S. is not really needed.

Except their funding is needed (or so the others think). The other issue is that if you don't stay with the bribes, they might just jump over to Putin's side.

The EU is disjointed without the "steel spine" of the US.

I agree with you. In my opinion if pres. Trump takes the lead & opens up with quality/SINCERE ambassadorship towards Russia we all may be pleasantly surprised @ the outcome. My priority concern is directed @ the loss of human life in the ongoing conflict between Russia & Ukraine, ESPECIALLY the little tykes & their mommas. Then there are the combatants(military personnel) on both sides that often end up prematurely dead or maimed for life @ best. We are all aware of the tragedies of two world wars & endless other conflicts & for what? We still have conflicts all over the planet. Humanity is STILL playing with the insanity clause; "...doing the same thing over & over & over again & then expecting different results". Yeah, pull out of NATO & work with the major players towards a peaceful existence & beneficial exchange. Just got to get rid of the power & control(PC) sociopaths that want to own the world & we can do it, maybe?

I wonder if it was scheduled or it is an emergency meeting to figure out how to deal with a president who no longer is able to function.

Forum List

Back