and people think govt works?

buckeye45_73

Lakhota's my *****
Jun 4, 2011
NJ Spent $23M on Unemployment and Other Benefits for Jailbirds

The state has not been reviewing prison data before signing away the cash. Boxer states that the government will claw back the cash somehow and from now on, will check prison rolls.

HUH??? Do people in govt do anything? What a bunch of lazy ass dipshits, I guess they didnt see conservatives in prison......or they would have checked them

Why doesn't this surprise me? No, the state employees don't have that much to do. More than three sheets of paper on the desk constitutes a crisis situation which can only be resolved by hiring another full-time staffer to pick up the "overflow." (Been there, done that and thought I'd lose my mind. I operated better in the private sector where you actually have to do something and use your head.)

There are people who have some kind of emotional attachment to government. Somehow it provides them with some kind of comfort, a warm feeling in their tummy, and they're going to forgive its transgressions no matter what it does.

No matter what the government does, these people will defend it, forgive it, crave more of it. No matter what. Right in our face. That's why I mention an "emotional attachment". I honestly don't know what else it could be. It's like the wife who defends the man who abuses her.

And we've passed the tipping point. It appears that there are now enough of these people to control the ballot box nationally.

So, here we go, we'll see what happens.

NJ Spent $23M on Unemployment and Other Benefits for Jailbirds

The state has not been reviewing prison data before signing away the cash. Boxer states that the government will claw back the cash somehow and from now on, will check prison rolls.

HUH??? Do people in govt do anything? What a bunch of lazy ass dipshits, I guess they didnt see conservatives in prison......or they would have checked them

if I recall, they have one of the highest tax rates around. Bet this story has pissed off more than a few.

OK. Some questions here. Did that money go to them or to their spouses and children? And was it cheaper to give their dependents unemployment checks, or to put them on welfare?

Yes, I fully realize that government is made up of people and people do really stupid things on occasion. However, I also know that when I drink the water out of my tap, it is safe. And that the jet fighter that shakes my house on occasion, is ensuring that no foriegn power will invade this nation. I know that I can get in my car and travel across the nation on roads that I can safely maintain a speed of 60 to 70 mph. on.

This hatred of 'government' is nothing more than a form of self hatred. In case you haven't noticed, it is still, "by the people, of the people, and for the people", much to the chagrin of people like the Koch Brothers.

You want to change the direction of government, then volunteer to serve on boards that are engaged in making the nuts and bolts decisions of goverment. Failing to do this, and just whining about what you don't like about government is simply a display of laziness.

New Jersey Inmates Improperly Received At Least $23 Million - ABC News
NJ prisoners received more than $23 million in benefits - May. 29, 2013

One prisoner received more than $39,000 in unemployment payments while behind bars for a drug-related offense, according to the audit. Another, convicted of unlawful possession of a firearm, who took in more than $25,000 in unemployment benefits, didn't start receiving the payments until he'd already been in prison for three months.

"Suffice it to say that when thousands of inmates are collecting unemployment checks from behind bars, there is a serious gap in program oversight," Boxer said in a statement.

The audit found that state agencies failed to review county inmate data, and in some cases state prison data, when awarding government assistance. One agency even told auditors it relied on newspaper reports to determine if program participants had been arrested or convicted of a crime.

Brietbart is NOT news folks.

It is a poltical hack site that uses doctered tape and lies

One prisoner received more than $39,000 in unemployment payments while behind bars for a drug-related offense, according to the audit. Another, convicted of unlawful possession of a firearm, who took in more than $25,000 in unemployment benefits, didn't start receiving the payments until he'd already been in prison for three months.

"Suffice it to say that when thousands of inmates are collecting unemployment checks from behind bars, there is a serious gap in program oversight," Boxer said in a statement.

The audit found that state agencies failed to review county inmate data, and in some cases state prison data, when awarding government assistance. One agency even told auditors it relied on newspaper reports to determine if program participants had been arrested or convicted of a crime.

"The root of the problem is a breakdown in the internal checking and cross-checking systems state agencies are supposed to use to verify whether someone is eligible for payment."

from you first link.

see why you need to do infrastructure spending?

"The root of the problem is a breakdown in the internal checking and cross-checking systems state agencies are supposed to use to verify whether someone is eligible for payment."

from you first link.

in·fra·struc·ture - /ˈinfrəˌstrəkCHər/ Noun: 1. The basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g., buildings, roads, and power supplies) needed for the operation of...

from you first link.

No, they have the systems, they just didn't use them.
And for you to even make that claim, let's say it were true (which it is not), why is it one of the most heavily taxed states hadn't put those systems into effect? Wouldn't be a misuse/misappropriation of funds collected, would it? In my mind it would.

New Jersey Income Tax Rates and Tax Brackets, 2012-2013
New Jersey's maximum marginal income tax rate is the 4th highest in the United States

NJ property tax bills rising, but more slowly - Businessweek
May 16, 2013 · New Jersey's highest-in-the-nation property taxes are a ... Lawmakers last year proposed raising the income tax on high earners to pay for larger ...

New Jersey | Tax Foundation
New Jersey's Individual Income Tax System
New Jersey's personal income tax system consists of six brackets and a top rate of 8.97%. That rate ranks 5th highest among states levying an individual income tax.

New Jersey's State and Local Tax Burden Above National Average
.New Jersey's 2010 tax burden of 12.42% ranks 2nd highest out of 50 states, and is above the national average of 9.9%. New Jersey's taxpayers pay $6689 per capita in state and local taxes.

from you first link.

in·fra·struc·ture - /ˈinfrəˌstrəkCHər/ Noun: 1. The basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g., buildings, roads, and power supplies) needed for the operation of...

Computer error eh? Damn that Bill Gates.

from you first link.

Infrastructure… ROFLMAO

You do realize that this has NOTHING to do with infrastructure. That is an entirely different entity.

Why oh why cant government be perfect like the private sector. The private sector never has any issues and for some reason govt cant figure how to be like them. All they have to do is run the United States I mean jeez louise. You have a couple million employees and you cant keep it together?

Huff and Puff

OK. Some questions here. Did that money go to them or to their spouses and children? And was it cheaper to give their dependents unemployment checks, or to put them on welfare?

Yes, I fully realize that government is made up of people and people do really stupid things on occasion. However, I also know that when I drink the water out of my tap, it is safe. And that the jet fighter that shakes my house on occasion, is ensuring that no foriegn power will invade this nation. I know that I can get in my car and travel across the nation on roads that I can safely maintain a speed of 60 to 70 mph. on.

This hatred of 'government' is nothing more than a form of self hatred. In case you haven't noticed, it is still, "by the people, of the people, and for the people", much to the chagrin of people like the Koch Brothers.

You want to change the direction of government, then volunteer to serve on boards that are engaged in making the nuts and bolts decisions of goverment. Failing to do this, and just whining about what you don't like about government is simply a display of laziness.

For one unemployment benefits are not paid to dependents but to the person who is unemployed.

Go ahead and try to get your unemployment benefits paid to someone else.

Why oh why cant government be perfect like the private sector. The private sector never has any issues and for some reason govt cant figure how to be like them. All they have to do is run the United States I mean jeez louise. You have a couple million employees and you cant keep it together?

Huff and Puff

When someone fucks up in the private sector they are held responsible. Not so in world of hacks that is government

Huff and Puff

Except that private sector takes a hit for mistakes.. govt just shrugs its shoulders, taxes more, and keeps with the bullshit

But then again.. there is an easy fix.. make people responsible for themselves and stop welfare and unemployment...

Huff and Puff

When someone fucks up in the private sector they are held responsible. Not so in world of hacks that is government

You forgot to say..."because I said so, that's why"

Huff and Puff

You forgot to say..."because I said so, that's why"

Yeah after all the people responsible for the security breach at Benghazi were all summarily fired.

Forum List

Back