And so it begins. Oregon Governor Signs Gun Confiscation Law.

How do you guys think a warrant to search someone's property is issued?

It's based on a very similar process.

I notice no one has linked to the actual law, and only to a very biased site.

Here's the law: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB719

Now show me where the state can confiscate your gun just because you bought a gun or took a firearm class.

Maybe you should take a remedial reading class, the article said that was a sitting judges public statements, he will likely be ruling on these cases.

Show me where a sitting judge said this law could take your gun just for taking a firearm training class.

It's so obviously a lie that even a tard like you should see it!

In domestic violence cases, the court can put a restraining order on someone on the word of that person's spouse. The court can order that person to stay away from their own property.

If that isn't unconstitutional, then neither is this law.

So when a person has a protective order against them their fire arms may be taken. So a loon can not kill his ex or some such thing. Sounds good to me!!!

Another "The sky is falling OP".

Guns and light bulbs. It's easy to see that conservatives care as much about the incandescent light bulb as they do about guns because the arm flailing on both reaches the same level. Jesus H relax derps, go watch footage of whackjob gunning people down because Republicans voted to allow the mentally ill to keep their guns. That should make you feel good again.
first leftist post, first leftist to declare he hates the Constitution.

predictable.

In domestic violence cases, the court can put a restraining order on someone on the word of that person's spouse. The court can order that person to stay away from their own property.

2nd leftist post, 2nd declaration of hate for the Constitution.

These Chicken Little "gun confiscation" topics are getting old. Let me know when the government is actually coming to take away all of our guns, then I'll get worked up, mm-kay?

I swear, there are days when I am convinced these stories are propagated by the gun manufacturers and retailers of America to boost more sales.

I bet they were really upset that Hillary didn't win.

OBAMAZ HILLAREEZ CUMMIN FER YER GUNZ!!! BUY MOAR!

You gullible dumb shits spiked the cost of guns and ammo. Is it any wonder I am pissed at you piss drinking tards?

Well. What do you libs have to say now? I've always claimed that democrats want to confiscate our guns. And you idiots told me I was crazy. Well, here's the proof. It's happening now. Are you people OK with this? Can I get just one liberal on here to stand up and say this is a bad idea?

Oregon Governor Signs Gun Confiscation Law | 2ANews.us

No, most states have DV laws just the same:

Under the law, any person would be allowed to file a petition with the court for an “extreme risk protection order” against anyone else they happen to be related to, or living with.

I do not actually 'like' most of the latest DV statutes in my state, but know the laws save a few lives.

You idiots wouldn't know the Constitution if it was on a placemat at your table.

Well. What do you libs have to say now? I've always claimed that democrats want to confiscate our guns. And you idiots told me I was crazy. Well, here's the proof. It's happening now. Are you people OK with this? Can I get just one liberal on here to stand up and say this is a bad idea?

I'm good with it .

Of course you misrepresent the whole thing . The law would temporarily take guns away from someone a judge finds to be f'n crazy and or dangerous until the person gets a hearing on the merits .
3rd leftist, 3rd open hate for the Constitution.

You idiots wouldn't know the Constitution if it was on a placemat at your table.
I know you leftist hate it, and work constantly to remove our freedoms.

From the link:
'Under the law, any person would be allowed to file a petition with the court for an “extreme risk protection order” against anyone else they happen to be related to, or living with.'
If one of my relatives was a risk to himself, or anyone else, I'd be filing a petition quick-smart.
There's so many fucked-up vets and other nut-jobs in the community, we should all be helping the authorities to intercept possible tragedies.
a73bd0cf8489cf648aeeed712a401c02.jpg
4th leftist post, loving the Hate.

just need an excuse, guilty until proven innocent, yea, that works, it's totally unconstitutional, how can the left not support it.

I know you leftist hate it, and work constantly to remove our freedoms.
I'm a conservative Republican, dumbass.

I see no one has been able to show where the law says the state can take your gun just for taking a firearms class. You think when someone calls out a lie that makes them a liberal?

Interesting. That says a lot about your character!

half way through, did a single leftist make even the smallest stand against this?

I predict; no.

Here's the law: https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2017R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB719

Now show me where the state can confiscate your gun just because you bought a gun or took a firearm class.

Maybe you should take a remedial reading class, the article said that was a sitting judges public statements, he will likely be ruling on these cases.

Show me where a sitting judge said this law could take your gun just for taking a firearm training class.

In the article is said judges can consider this:

Under this law, Oregon judges will be permitted to issue a “extreme risk protection order” based on any number of unrelated events or even hearsay allegations, such as a drunk driving arrest, the beginning of a divorce, allegations of drug use, or even engaging in a constitutionally-protected activity such as recently purchasing a gun or receiving firearm instruction.

They say that because of the ambiguous way the law is crafted.

One judge was quoted saying this:

Oregon Judge Kenneth Walker, for example, famously said in court last year that, if it were up to him, “No one would have guns. Not police. Not security. We should eliminate all of them.” Thanks to Governor Brown and Oregon Democrat lawmakers, now it is up to him.

I hope that clears things up for you.

In the article is said judges can consider this:

Under this law, Oregon judges will be permitted to issue a “extreme risk protection order” based on any number of unrelated events or even hearsay allegations, such as a drunk driving arrest, the beginning of a divorce, allegations of drug use, or even engaging in a constitutionally-protected activity such as recently purchasing a gun or receiving firearm instruction.

They say that because of the ambiguous way the law is crafted.

They say it because they know you tards will buy this blazingly obvious lie. :lol:

There is nothing ambiguous in the law, which is why none of you can support the bogus claim.

Oregon gun laws. NO permit to purchase riffle or shot gun, NO registration required, NO licensing REQUIRED. Application to conceal hand gun among easiest in nation. only thing requiring a permit is a hand gun.

Oregon gun laws. NO permit to purchase riffle or shot gun, NO registration required, NO licensing REQUIRED. Application to conceal hand gun among easiest in nation. only thing requiring a permit is a hand gun.
Yep.

There's a massive gun show in Portland almost every month.

I'm good with it .

Of course you misrepresent the whole thing . The law would temporarily take guns away from someone a judge finds to be f'n crazy and or dangerous until the person gets a hearing on the merits .
3rd leftist, 3rd open hate for the Constitution.

Lol! You think the con starts n ends with the 2nd . Cons wipe there ass with the rest .

Forum List

Back