And so it begins.....

Show some compassion and understanding, pyromaniacs are people and as such should be free to express themselves. :badgrin:

40 years ago in the San Fernando valley we had so many brush fires that my old man got a job cutting fire breaks into the hills surrounding the valley. People complained because it looked ugly but it aided the fire fighters in their attempts to stop the fires. If any of you under 30 somethings think that California's or this nations fires are worse today than back then you're amazingly mistaken. I remember summer after summer spraying water on our wood shingle roof to keep it from igniting. And that was under the federal government and it's scientist's warning of a new global Ice Age. Wake up and see where the money flows. Gee I hope no one puts me in jail for saying that!

Let me do the math.

45% of the land in CA is owned by the Federal government, which is a notoriously poor land steward. Poor land management results in overgrowth and fire hazards.

Add to that the fact that the EPA, aided and abetted by the Environazi movement, micromanages what we do on private lands.

Case in point: the Oakland-East Bay hills are overgrown with highly combustible, non-native eucalyptus trees. We have funding available to remove the trees, but the whackjob moonbats keep protesting...while the fire hazard gets worse.

40 years ago in the San Fernando valley we had so many brush fires that my old man got a job cutting fire breaks into the hills surrounding the valley. People complained because it looked ugly but it aided the fire fighters in their attempts to stop the fires. If any of you under 30 somethings think that California's or this nations fires are worse today than back then you're amazingly mistaken. I remember summer after summer spraying water on our wood shingle roof to keep it from igniting. And that was under the federal government and it's scientist's warning of a new global Ice Age. Wake up and see where the money flows. Gee I hope no one puts me in jail for saying that!

Boy are you full of shit. There never was government warning of an impending ice age. And there were far more articles warning of global warming in the 70's, than global cooling.

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?

98 here today. That is unheard of in this neck of the coast.
Front yard and back yard look scorched. I can imagine what is like down south and even inland. Yeah. This is not going to be good this year.

http://pubs.giss.nasa.gov/abs/ha04600x.html

Hansen et al. 1981
Hansen, J., D. Johnson, A. Lacis, S. Lebedeff, P. Lee, D. Rind, and G. Russell, 1981: Climate impact of increasing atmospheric carbon dioxide. Science, 213, 957-966, doi:10.1126/science.213.4511.957.

The global temperature rose 0.2°C between the middle 1960s and 1980, yielding a warming of 0.4°C in the past century. This temperature increase is consistent with the calculated effect due to measured increases of atmospheric carbon dioxide. Variations of volcanic aerosols and possibly solar luminosity appear to be primary causes of observed fluctuations about the mean trend of increasing temperature. It is shown that the anthropogenic carbon dioxide warming should emerge from the noise level of natural climate variability by the end of the century, and there is a high probability of warming in the 1980s. Potential effects on climate in the 21st century include the creation of drought-prone regions in North America and central Asia as part of a shifting of climatic zones, erosion of the West Antarctic ice sheet with a consequent worldwide rise in sea level, and opening of the fabled Northwest Passage.

What do you get when you have a drought in a forested region? Forest fires. Pretty basic, Frankie boy.

So. Because we have fires earlier, this is going to be a global warming thread and some debunks, eh?

Boy are you full of shit. There never was government warning of an impending ice age. And there were far more articles warning of global warming in the 70's, than global cooling.

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?

What are you calling it this week, Climate Gentrification?

Climate INEQUALITY!

Forum List

Back