And so it begins.....

san diego is just like Vegas, it ISN'T situated to accommodate millions of people w/ its own resources. I know, I used to live there. No wonder this great nation's colorado river is just a trickle. All its water is being diverted to these conservative cities that were never situated to be more than just pueblos.

Last edited:
You're another idiot who doesn't know that they are brush fires here.

You kind of define stupid, doncha?

{The men and women of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) are dedicated to the fire protection and stewardship of over 31 million acres of California's privately-owned wildlands.}

CAL FIRE - About Us

Oh, and those of us who really do live in the area usually call them "wild fires."

Got one now between us and the college.....getting bigger by the minute...putting some bags by our safe, in case I have load up quick...and then grab the animals.

FIRE COVERAGE: Fires Burning Across San Diego County - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

I thought you claimed to be in San Francisco, Shortbus? That's some 500 miles from the fires.

Hey, 9 out of 10 things you claim are a lie, so we'll just add this to the very long list....

Where did I ever claim that...I live and have lived in North San Diego county for almost 20 years now....I did live in the BAY AREA (not San Francisco) for 5 years in the early 90s. I guess you just are that kind of stupid. Check with Amelia...she'll data mine it for you. :D

You're another idiot who doesn't know that they are brush fires here.

You kind of define stupid, doncha?

{The men and women of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) are dedicated to the fire protection and stewardship of over 31 million acres of California's privately-owned wildlands.}

CAL FIRE - About Us

Oh, and those of us who really do live in the area usually call them "wild fires."

You live here? There goes the neighborhood....When you leaving?

Let me do the math.

45% of the land in CA is owned by the Federal government, which is a notoriously poor land steward. Poor land management results in overgrowth and fire hazards.

Add to that the fact that the EPA, aided and abetted by the Environazi movement, micromanages what we do on private lands.

Case in point: the Oakland-East Bay hills are overgrown with highly combustible, non-native eucalyptus trees. We have funding available to remove the trees, but the whackjob moonbats keep protesting...while the fire hazard gets worse.

3 Fires in North San Diego county today....and it's not even fire season yet. This is gonna get ugly this year.

sad part

is this could be avoided or greatly reduced by removing

the fuel

But the fuel is brush...needs to be kept down every year and by the property owners....not all do it, even if fined by the county fire marshalls. There are a few smart business owners who are raising goats to lease out for that purpose....if we had the property to keep them, I'd get into that side line myself.

40 years ago in the San Fernando valley we had so many brush fires that my old man got a job cutting fire breaks into the hills surrounding the valley. People complained because it looked ugly but it aided the fire fighters in their attempts to stop the fires. If any of you under 30 somethings think that California's or this nations fires are worse today than back then you're amazingly mistaken. I remember summer after summer spraying water on our wood shingle roof to keep it from igniting. And that was under the federal government and it's scientist's warning of a new global Ice Age. Wake up and see where the money flows. Gee I hope no one puts me in jail for saying that!

Boy are you full of shit. There never was government warning of an impending ice age. And there were far more articles warning of global warming in the 70's, than global cooling.

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?

NASA Scientists Predicted a New Ice Age in 1971 | NewsBusters

Top Scientists, Government Agencies and Publications Have - For Over 100 Years - Been Terrified of a New Ice Age Washington's Blog

I'm not full of shit...I was alive then you little dweeb.

Since I am presently 70 years old, not only was I alive then, I was reading real peer reviewed scientific journals even then. And the predominent predictions were for warming, not cooling. The only rational cooling projections were based on the amount of aerosols industry was putting into the atmosphere at the time.

Now your first article is a prime example of lying by indirection. It claims because another scientist used a computer program designed by Dr. James Hansen to predict an imminant ice age, that Dr. Hansen is responsible for that prediction. A fancy form of lying.

NASA scientist James E. Hansen, who has publicly criticized the Bush administration for dragging its feet on climate change and labeled skeptics of man-made global warming as distracting "court jesters," appears in a 1971 Washington Post article that warns of an impending ice age within 50 years.
The Post archives do indeed identify the existence of such a piece, with the following preview:

The world could be as little as 50 or 60 years away from a disastrous new ice age, a leading atmospheric scientist predicts. Dr. S. I. Rasool of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and Columbia University says that...
The Times piece continued:

The scientist was S.I. Rasool, a colleague of Mr. Hansen's at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. The article goes on to say that Mr. Rasool came to his chilling conclusions by resorting in part to a new computer program developed by Mr. Hansen that studied clouds above Venus.

Read more: NASA Scientists Predicted a New Ice Age in 1971 | NewsBusters

Your second article is nothing but a bunch of stories from newspapers, stories written by non-scientists with zero competance at science. People like you.

Top Scientists, Government Agencies and Publications Have - For Over 100 Years - Been Terrified of a New Ice Age Washington's Blog

On February 24, 1895, the New York Times published an article entitled “PROSPECTS OF ANOTHER GLACIAL PERIOD; Geologists Think the World May Be Frozen Up Again”, which starts with the following paragraph:

In September 1958, Harper’s wrote an article called “The Coming Ice Age”.

On January 11, 1970, the Washington Post wrote an article entitled “Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age – Scientists See Ice Age In the Future” which stated:

On June 24, 1974, Time Magazine wrote an article entitled “Another Ice Age?” which stated:

Where did I ever claim that...I live and have lived in North San Diego county for almost 20 years now....I did live in the BAY AREA (not San Francisco) for 5 years in the early 90s. I guess you just are that kind of stupid. Check with Amelia...she'll data mine it for you. :D

Bay Area is SF to me. And I'm pretty sure you claimed it within the last couple of years.

But hey, Murrieta does seem prime for you - West of the 215, of course.....

The drunken jet stream, showing why the heat is flowing into California and the cold into the central USA.

mangled-jet-stream-may-14.jpg

Got one now between us and the college.....getting bigger by the minute...putting some bags by our safe, in case I have load up quick...and then grab the animals.

FIRE COVERAGE: Fires Burning Across San Diego County - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

I thought you claimed to be in San Francisco, Shortbus? That's some 500 miles from the fires.

Hey, 9 out of 10 things you claim are a lie, so we'll just add this to the very long list....

Hey uncensored, don't forget to send me that post you said I made, which I didn't make, or I'll keep calling you a liar, you lying troll.

But the fuel is brush...needs to be kept down every year and by the property owners....not all do it, even if fined by the county fire marshalls. There are a few smart business owners who are raising goats to lease out for that purpose....if we had the property to keep them, I'd get into that side line myself.

The property "owner" is Barack Obama. The fires are on land owned by the Crown (federal land.)

The property "owner" is Barack Obama. The fires are on land owned by the Crown (federal land.)

The owners of all that land that is burning between San Marcos, Harmony Grove, and Escondido would be surprised to hear that. But feel free to speak stupidly some more.

Boy are you full of shit. There never was government warning of an impending ice age. And there were far more articles warning of global warming in the 70's, than global cooling.

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?

NASA Scientists Predicted a New Ice Age in 1971 | NewsBusters

I'm not full of shit...I was alive then you little dweeb.

Since I am presently 70 years old, not only was I alive then, I was reading real peer reviewed scientific journals even then. And the predominent predictions were for warming, not cooling. The only rational cooling projections were based on the amount of aerosols industry was putting into the atmosphere at the time.

Now your first article is a prime example of lying by indirection. It claims because another scientist used a computer program designed by Dr. James Hansen to predict an imminant ice age, that Dr. Hansen is responsible for that prediction. A fancy form of lying.

NASA scientist James E. Hansen, who has publicly criticized the Bush administration for dragging its feet on climate change and labeled skeptics of man-made global warming as distracting "court jesters," appears in a 1971 Washington Post article that warns of an impending ice age within 50 years.
The Post archives do indeed identify the existence of such a piece, with the following preview:

The world could be as little as 50 or 60 years away from a disastrous new ice age, a leading atmospheric scientist predicts. Dr. S. I. Rasool of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and Columbia University says that...
The Times piece continued:

The scientist was S.I. Rasool, a colleague of Mr. Hansen's at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. The article goes on to say that Mr. Rasool came to his chilling conclusions by resorting in part to a new computer program developed by Mr. Hansen that studied clouds above Venus.

Read more: NASA Scientists Predicted a New Ice Age in 1971 | NewsBusters

Your second article is nothing but a bunch of stories from newspapers, stories written by non-scientists with zero competance at science. People like you.

On February 24, 1895, the New York Times published an article entitled “PROSPECTS OF ANOTHER GLACIAL PERIOD; Geologists Think the World May Be Frozen Up Again”, which starts with the following paragraph:

In September 1958, Harper’s wrote an article called “The Coming Ice Age”.

On January 11, 1970, the Washington Post wrote an article entitled “Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age – Scientists See Ice Age In the Future” which stated:

On June 24, 1974, Time Magazine wrote an article entitled “Another Ice Age?” which stated:
Aaahhhhh shut the fuck up you gullible old fart. When I see 70 I think ageing hippy. You sir do not remember what it was like that long ago if you think the weather is worse today. Hey! I have a bridge to sell ya...hahahahahahahahahaha What makes you think the propaganda you're entrenched in is accurate? hmmmmmmm? and the biggest push on today's climate crises is our current state run media so I was showing you it went on back when you were a running around Hade Ashburry. Go tie dye something and stay away from the propaganda my friend. Follow the Government $$$$$$$$$$s

Last edited:
You sir do not remember what it was like that long ago if you think the weather is worse today. Hey! I have a bridge to sell ya...hahahahahahahahahaha

You are an idiot.

Aaahhhhh shut the fuck up you gullible old fart. When I see 70 I think ageing hippy. You sir do not remember what it was like that long ago if you think the weather is worse today. Hey! I have a bridge to sell ya...hahahahahahahahahaha What makes you think the propaganda you're entrenched in is accurate? hmmmmmmm?

Interesting that in places like Californica and Washington, D.C. you just committed elder abuse. A crime punishable by fine, imprisonment or both. Though they know better than to bother with trying to collect fines. Blood from turnips, y'know.....

Aaahhhhh shut the fuck up you gullible old fart. When I see 70 I think ageing hippy. You sir do not remember what it was like that long ago if you think the weather is worse today. Hey! I have a bridge to sell ya...hahahahahahahahahaha What makes you think the propaganda you're entrenched in is accurate? hmmmmmmm?

Interesting that in places like Californica and Washington, D.C. you just committed elder abuse. A crime punishable by fine, imprisonment or both. Though they know better than to bother with trying to collect fines. Blood from turnips, y'know.....

LOL I don't care I'm tired of that old dude digging up BS and tossing it in as proof that he is all knowing. Anyone can surf the web and find anything they want. lol elder abuse lol again...

Forum List

Back