And so it begins.....

We've got the DC-10 here...dropping on the fire about 2 miles from our house. The Big Boy's here!

Hey now, that thing gets too close get the hell out of there. Fought forest fires for a couple of summers many decades ago, and there is a time when you have to run. Hope it does not come your way.

40 years ago in the San Fernando valley we had so many brush fires that my old man got a job cutting fire breaks into the hills surrounding the valley. People complained because it looked ugly but it aided the fire fighters in their attempts to stop the fires. If any of you under 30 somethings think that California's or this nations fires are worse today than back then you're amazingly mistaken. I remember summer after summer spraying water on our wood shingle roof to keep it from igniting. And that was under the federal government and it's scientist's warning of a new global Ice Age. Wake up and see where the money flows. Gee I hope no one puts me in jail for saying that!

Boy are you full of shit. There never was government warning of an impending ice age. And there were far more articles warning of global warming in the 70's, than global cooling.

What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s?

NASA Scientists Predicted a New Ice Age in 1971 | NewsBusters

Top Scientists, Government Agencies and Publications Have - For Over 100 Years - Been Terrified of a New Ice Age Washington's Blog

I'm not full of shit...I was alive then you little dweeb.

We've got the DC-10 here...dropping on the fire about 2 miles from our house. The Big Boy's here!

Hey now, that thing gets too close get the hell out of there. Fought forest fires for a couple of summers many decades ago, and there is a time when you have to run. Hope it does not come your way.

Now you're full of shit...fought forest fires many decades ago? caca de toro brother lol I thought there were no fires back then...lol what a BS'er

Last edited:
Let me do the math.

45% of the land in CA is owned by the Federal government, which is a notoriously poor land steward. Poor land management results in overgrowth and fire hazards.

Add to that the fact that the EPA, aided and abetted by the Environazi movement, micromanages what we do on private lands.

Case in point: the Oakland-East Bay hills are overgrown with highly combustible, non-native eucalyptus trees. We have funding available to remove the trees, but the whackjob moonbats keep protesting...while the fire hazard gets worse.

3 Fires in North San Diego county today....and it's not even fire season yet. This is gonna get ugly this year.

sad part

is this could be avoided or greatly reduced by removing

the fuel

Number of repeatable lab experiments demonstrating a temperature increase by raising CO2 by 100PPM = 0, zero, nada, zippo

Last edited:
Got one now between us and the college.....getting bigger by the minute...putting some bags by our safe, in case I have load up quick...and then grab the animals.

FIRE COVERAGE: Fires Burning Across San Diego County - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com

I thought you claimed to be in San Francisco, Shortbus? That's some 500 miles from the fires.

Hey, 9 out of 10 things you claim are a lie, so we'll just add this to the very long list....

Forum List

Back