...and then - Walt Nauta?

From what I understand, Trump's lawyers were not allowed to use "atty-client" privilege?!
So the judge might toss the indictments.
Considering the politics, the judge might toss the indictment
Considering Trump, the judge might just have him pay the fines to settle the case.
No, the attorneys can not use the privilege to further a crime. Of course, Trump wanted more crime.

From what I understand, Trump's lawyers were not allowed to use "atty-client" privilege?!
Considering Trump, the judge might just have him pay the fines to settle the case.
Some very wishful thinking there.

Maybe this will all go away!

If Aileen Canon goes out of her way to save Trump, there's always January 6 DC. He's fucked, Accept

I have lost track, seems I remember Trump, on audio in real time, trying to get a Repub in Georgia to manufacture votes for him. I mean, he says it out loud. Where are we at with Georgia?

I was always always an Ollie North fan because he never flopped, oh, and of course he is a Marine, but he stayed faithful. Course his POTUS had some character, honor, and military bearing, none of which Trump even understands. I hope Trump doesn't hang Nauta out to dry, but we all know he will. Trump is not even close to an honorable man.
Ollie North disgraced his uniform.

If Aileen Canon goes out of her way to save Trump, there's always January 6 DC. He's fucked, Accept
J6 is done. Accept.
I have lost track, seems I remember Trump, on audio in real time, trying to get a Repub in Georgia to manufacture votes for him. I mean, he says it out loud. Where are we at with Georgia?
Nowhere. He asked them to "find" 11,000 votes. Not a crime.

No, the attorneys can not use the privilege to further a crime. Of course, Trump wanted more crime.
The PRA is not a criminal statute. It only refers to ex-presidents. The PRA was written to exclude presidents from the Espionage Act for mishandling papers.

You do know that despite what you see from Hollywood, Attorney Client Privilege does not cover criminal activity. In fact, it doesn’t cover as much as you might think.

Yes, it does cover a lot of things. But let’s say you discuss how to launder illegally gotten money with your Attorney. That conversation would not be covered by Attorney Client Privilege. It wouldn’t cover how to hide or destroy evidence. In fact, almost everything in the series Better Call Saul would not be covered by Attorney Client Privilege.

What is worse, your lawyer is ethically prohibited from allowing you to lie under oath. If the lawyer knows that you robbed the bank, as one example, he can’t allow you to lie under oath about it. If it is found out he would be disbarred at the least, losing his ability to work as a lawyer, forever. I doubt you’re paying him enough to see to his retirement.

The attorney client privileged was "pierced" because the attorneys knew that Trump was engaging or intending to engage in criminal behavior. No privilege exists to protect that information.

And no one on either side agrees with your prattling about the PRA.

The PRA is not a criminal statute. It only refers to ex-presidents. The PRA was written to exclude presidents from the Espionage Act for mishandling papers.
If someone told you that nonsense...never believe anything else they say.

If you made it up...go sit in the corner and do not come out

LOL! He moved some fucking boxes for Trump.
Here are all the charges Nauta and Trump are being charged with:

The topline charge (18 U.S. Code § 793) is part of the Espionage Act.

18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information

(e)Whoever having unauthorized possession of, access to, or control over any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, or note relating to the national defense, or information relating to the national defense which information the possessor has reason to believe could be used to the injury of the United States or to the advantage of any foreign nation, willfully communicates, delivers, transmits or causes to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted, or attempts to communicate, deliver, transmit or cause to be communicated, delivered, or transmitted the same to any person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it;

18 U.S. Code § 1512 - Tampering with a witness, victim, or an informant

(k)Whoever conspires to commit any offense under this section shall be subject to the same penalties as those prescribed for the offense the commission of which was the object of the conspiracy.

(b)Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to—

(1)influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;

(2)cause or induce any person to—

(A)withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding;

(c)Whoever corruptly—

(1)alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record, document, or other object, or attempts to do so, with the intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; or

(2)otherwise obstructs, influences, or impedes any official proceeding, or attempts to do so,
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 1519 - Destruction, alteration, or falsification of records in Federal investigations and bankruptcy

Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up, falsifies, or makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States or any case filed under title 11, or in relation to or contemplation of any such matter or case, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 1001 - Statements or entries generally

(a)Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—

(1)falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;

(2)makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or

(3)makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;

shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.

18 U.S. Code § 2 - Principals

(a)Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.

(b)Whoever willfully causes an act to be done which if directly performed by him or another would be an offense against the United States, is punishable as a principal.

Also indicted, Walt Nauta.
A co-conspirator?
'Body-man'. Valet. Go-fer.
Rich? Can we doubt it?
Will he flip on his boss?
Or go to prison for 20?
The cake bakes. No?

Watch Walt Nauta. IMO

"Walt Nauta, the only other person indicted along with former President Donald J. Trump, has been serving as his
personal aide after previously working for him in the White House.
A native of Guam......Mr. Trump and Mr. Nauta forged a bond during the Trump administration, and when the term
ended, Mr. Nauta retired and went to go work for Mr. Trump personally.

He was one of the very few members of Mr. Trump’s post-presidential office when Mr. Trump first returned to private life
at his club, Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Fla. There, Mr. Nauta resumed the kind of personal chores that he had helped
Mr. Trump with while he was president.

But he attracted the attention of the government for his appearance on security camera footage from the club, which was
subpoenaed by prosecutors, moving boxes in and out of a basement storage room after a grand jury subpoena.
In interviews with government officials, according to the indictment, he gave false testimony about whether he had moved
boxes to Mr. Trump’s residence earlier in the year. In reality, according to the indictment, Mr. Nauta brought several boxes
to Mr. Trump’s residence from the storage room at a time when National Archives officials were seeking the return of presidential
material, but he told investigators he didn’t."
Did he smas them with a hammer? Bleach them,

The attorney client privileged was "pierced" because the attorneys knew that Trump was engaging or intending to engage in criminal behavior. No privilege exists to protect that information.
And no one on either side agrees with your prattling about the PRA.
What criminal behavior? The PRA is NOT a criminal statute.
Someone agrees that the "Espionage Act" doesn't cover mishandling documents or Biden, Pence, and Hillary would be in prison.
The Act often seems like the last refuge of the government when it lacks any other means to punish targeted persons. This includes the continued prosecution of Julian Assange for publishing classified information, an act that newspapers have regularly done throughout history to expose government lies and abuses.
In a curious way, the charges against Trump are welcomed as another opportunity for the courts to look at this insidious law. That need existed long before the raid on Mar-a-Lago.
For years, I have expressed reservations about criminal allegations raised against Trump, including the dubious prosecution by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg. However, even before the appointment of Special Counsel Jack Smith, I also stated that the real threat to Trump would come at Mar-a-Lago.

Forum List

Back