And they wonder why we think Liberals run the colleges...

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2676169,00.html

At least the kids in NY see through this repugnant man....

In a treatise titled "Some People Push Back," written after the bombings, Churchill asserted the nearly 3,000 people killed at the World Trade Center worked for "the mighty engine of profit" but chose to ignore their role.

"True enough, they were civilians of a sort," he wrote. "But innocent? Gimme a break."

Churchill went on to describe the World Trade Center victims as "little Eichmanns," a reference to Adolph Eichmann, who carried out Hitler's plan to exterminate Europe's Jews during World War II.

Eichmann?!! He directed the delivery of millions of people to death camps including 6,000,000 jews and 6,000,000 Gypsies, Blacks, Gays, etc. Those 3,000 people much of whom were cops and firefighters could not possibly be logically connected to Eichmann.

no1tovote4 said:
http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~53~2676169,00.html

At least the kids in NY see through this repugnant man....

Eichmann?!! He directed the delivery of millions of people to death camps including 6,000,000 jews and 6,000,000 Gypsies, Blacks, Gays, etc. Those 3,000 people much of whom were cops and firefighters could not possibly be logically connected to Eichmann.

First off, obviously this dude is a loon.

Secondly, its academic (forgive the pun) that university professors are inordinantly liberal; I always took it for granted.

And lastly and most importantly, addressing the implied notion that its a bad thing that "we" know that liberals run the colleges: Professors and academics are professionally committed to academic and intellectual honesty, its simply a part of their chosen profession. Obviously there are some loony liberal professors (the subject of the OP), and obviously there are som loony conservative professors, both groups including a distinct minority who squelch voicing dissent to their ideologies. But the fact of the matter is the vast majority of professors, liberal and conservative, are committed to seeing an issue from all angles and viewpoints, as a fundamental facet of a true education and the development of critical thinking.

I mean, what's the correlation? Do people think that liberals are more likely to become professors or do people think that professors are more likely to become liberals?

nakedemperor said:
First off, obviously this dude is a loon.

I agree. However he is the head of a department.

Secondly, its academic (forgive the pun) that university professors are inordinantly liberal; I always took it for granted.

I mean, what's the correlation? Do people think that liberals are more likely to become professors or do people think that professors are more likely to become liberals?
I think it is likely that opinions are squelched and Conservatives simply don't want to have to fight for their jobs every second and therefore are not-so-subtly pushed away from this profession.

When Conservatives come to campus and indoctrinated youth shout them down during a speech they have been asked to give it becomes clearer why Conservatives don't like to spend more time being shouted at and derided. The very atmosphere makes it unpleasant to many Conservatives and the expectation that you will change your ideals and conform seems to permeate the campuses.

However I posted the story as, at least partially, a joke. Don't take it personally and get your panties all bunched up.

Forum List

Back