🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Annual pledge to Gary Sinise Foundation

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Just made my annual donation to this outstanding organization.
I tripled the amount this year - because it is the only charity I am donating to.
I will not give to any food banks/Salvation Army etc. this year. With every business in the country trying to hire people and all of the Covid government giveaways - there is no excuse to need more money.

Please Donate to this great cause instead!!

The Gary Sinise Foundation is one of the only charities I donate to. His father was a Navy man, so his roots with the military consist of far more than just the lip service you get from other celebrities.

I tripled the amount this year - because it is the only charity I am donating to.
I will not give to any food banks/Salvation Army etc. this year. With every business in the country trying to hire people and all of the Covid government giveaways - there is no excuse to need more money.

The Lieutenant Dan Band!

Nice. He's a good man with a good cause.

i still give to food banks...there is still a great need among the ill....those new mothers who cant find affordable daycare. people suffering ....you cant be so judge mental of others...food banks get the majority of my donations...i am a small pocket donor to a food bank that does free drugs to those who cant afford scrips..

i still give to food banks...there is still a great need among the ill....those new mothers who cant find affordable daycare. people suffering ....you cant be so judge mental of others...food banks get the majority of my donations...i am a small pocket donor to a food bank that does free drugs to those who cant afford scrips..
I heard Biden gave single poor non working mothers such a great tax break (child credit) that they would be stupid to go to work. Is that true?

I prefer "Tunnels to Towers". Wounded Warriors does good things but I won't donate to an organization that wastes money on PTSD mental patients who may have never saw combat.

Thanks for sharing this and thanks for supporting this organization. I'm just starting the process of looking at Veterans' support organizations to include in my will. I'll look into this one.

I have a unique position with Food Banks.
In the mid 1970s, my father and two other community business owners started a food bank and clothing bank.
It still exist today, and is one of the larger food banks in the state. It is a large warehouse with multiple vans that deliver food even.
My Dad would take one of us boys along in the late 70s and early 80s on delivery runs.
I really thought I was doing something great. But I couldn't help notice, it was mainly the same people over and over.
My father quit the organization by the mid 80s. Seeing for himself that the children who were small when he started were now grown up, with kids of their own... still getting free food. He realized that when you get down to it.. they were just enabling these people to do nothing.
There were jobs, the organization used to have a job placement assistance program...yeah.. except no one stayed with it. They would just make excuses why they couldn't find a job.
The story of this goes deeper than just what I wrote, I honestly could write a chapter of things I saw and how terrible these people were. How they mistreated and abused their children with authorities doing nothing about it.
The simple truth is. There are bad people. There are people who have no shame, no pride and have learned they can con other people's desire to "do good" to give them free shit. They learn about all the free programs, credits, grants, etc. etc. etc. - and instead of working for themselves - they depend on everyone else to support them. And they have kids, hell more kids than REAL parents who love their children. But they wouldn't lift a damn finger to help their kids. Nope. They are only interested in their vices. Nothing else matters to them.

I have a unique position with Food Banks.
In the mid 1970s, my father and two other community business owners started a food bank and clothing bank.
It still exist today, and is one of the larger food banks in the state. It is a large warehouse with multiple vans that deliver food even.
My Dad would take one of us boys along in the late 70s and early 80s on delivery runs.
I really thought I was doing something great. But I couldn't help notice, it was mainly the same people over and over.
My father quit the organization by the mid 80s. Seeing for himself that the children who were small when he started were now grown up, with kids of their own... still getting free food. He realized that when you get down to it.. they were just enabling these people to do nothing.
There were jobs, the organization used to have a job placement assistance program...yeah.. except no one stayed with it. They would just make excuses why they couldn't find a job.
The story of this goes deeper than just what I wrote, I honestly could write a chapter of things I saw and how terrible these people were. How they mistreated and abused their children with authorities doing nothing about it.
The simple truth is. There are bad people. There are people who have no shame, no pride and have learned they can con other people's desire to "do good" to give them free shit. They learn about all the free programs, credits, grants, etc. etc. etc. - and instead of working for themselves - they depend on everyone else to support them. And they have kids, hell more kids than REAL parents who love their children. But they wouldn't lift a damn finger to help their kids. Nope. They are only interested in their vices. Nothing else matters to them.
Important perspective. I will give to local food banks because the people in my community that use them are mostly the elderly. There is very little of what you described in that post. I think my community makes it difficult for welfare queens to survive here because I just don't see them around here. Might have something to do with having limited access to services. Rural town of about 1,000 with no public transportation to the city, no county or state agencies. I do, whenever possible, give to LOCAL animal rescue and LOCAL Veterans' support.

Important perspective. I will give to local food banks because the people in my community that use them are mostly the elderly. There is very little of what you described in that post. I think my community makes it difficult for welfare queens to survive here because I just don't see them around here. Might have something to do with having limited access to services. Rural town of about 1,000 with no public transportation to the city, no county or state agencies. I do, whenever possible, give to LOCAL animal rescue and LOCAL Veterans' support.
Oh I fully support meals on wheels for elderly.
And that isn't always a financial problem. There are elderly folks that are not bad enough to go to a nursing home, and obviously don't want to, but have limitations that make it hard to go to the grocery store, stand in the lines, carry items into a car (if they can drive).. do the food prep, stand and cook, clean up etc. So many of them resort to eating poorly. Prepackaged crap (that may have come from a food bank)
I LOVE these fully cooked meal organizations, we have two here - they are awesome. The food provides better nutrition than the pre-packaged junk at food banks... that many of them can't cook due to physical limitations.
As a nation we need to do better for these folks... but instead we spend WAY more resources on lazy ass meth heads and alcoholics.
It's just true.

Oh I fully support meals on wheels for elderly.
And that isn't always a financial problem. There are elderly folks that are not bad enough to go to a nursing home, and obviously don't want to, but have limitations that make it hard to go to the grocery store, stand in the lines, carry items into a car (if they can drive).. do the food prep, stand and cook, clean up etc. So many of them resort to eating poorly. Prepackaged crap (that may have come from a food bank)
I LOVE these fully cooked meal organizations, we have two here - they are awesome. The food provides better nutrition than the pre-packaged junk at food banks... that many of them can't cook due to physical limitations.
As a nation we need to do better for these folks... but instead we spend WAY more resources on lazy ass meth heads and alcoholics.
It's just true.
Thanks for that! I'm feeling inspired to contact the local Seior Citizen's Center and see if they have a meals-on-wheels program that I can donate to and volunteer for. I worked for the same kind of program in a smallish town I lived in and it was really fulfilling.

Sealybobo has been removed from the thread for trolling. On that note, the back and forth some of you insisted on doing, thus further feeding his trolling, was unnecessary and only supported further derailing the discussion. Report the problem posts and move on.

Thanks for sharing this and thanks for supporting this organization. I'm just starting the process of looking at Veterans' support organizations to include in my will. I'll look into this one.
A few outstanding veterans support organizations are the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled American Veterans and the American Legion. The Elks also support veterans as well as many other worthy causes.

Nobody dies from malnutrition in the greatest Country in the world unless they choose to do so or they criminally deny their own family the basic nutrition. On the other hand more Americans die from over eating. Good intentioned Americans think they are doing good by furnishing families with cans of junk that they wouldn't eat themselves. Look in the freaking mirror fools. The families go to the same fast food restaurants.

Forum List

Back