Another active shooter

Good update..some interesting stuff here:

Investigators have not established a motive, but authorities believe he was the only shooter, Boulder County District Attorney Michael Dougherty said.
The suspect purchased the assault weapon just six days before the shooting, on March 16, according to the arrest affidavit released Tuesday. It was not immediately known where the gun was purchased.

The shooting came 10 days after a judge blocked a ban on assault rifles passed by the city of Boulder in 2018. That ordinance and another banning large-capacity magazines came after the 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 people dead.
A lawsuit challenging the bans was filed quickly, backed by the National Rifle Association. The judge struck down the ordinance under a Colorado law that blocks cities from making their own rules about guns.
A law enforcement official briefed on the shooting said the suspect's family told investigators they believed Alissa was suffering some type of mental illness, including delusions. Relatives described times when Alissa told them people were following or chasing him, which they said may have contributed to the violence, the official said. The official was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to AP on condition of anonymity.
One caller said the suspect opened fire out the window of his vehicle. Others called to say they were hiding inside the store as the gunman fired on customers. Witnesses described the shooter as having a black AR-15-style gun and wearing blue jeans and maybe body armor.
By the time he was in custody, Alissa had been struck by a bullet that passed through his leg, the affidavit said. He had removed most of his clothing and was dressed only in shorts. Inside the store, he had left the gun, a tactical vest, a semiautomatic handgun and his bloodied clothing, the affidavit said.

After the shooting, detectives went to Alissa's home and found his sister-in-law, who told them that he had been playing around with a weapon she thought looked like a "machine gun," about two days earlier, the document said.

The law was blocked due to the wording. The phrase "Assault Rifle" used which is a Military Term for a group of rifles and SMGs. In the Civilian World, it's a generic term that would encompass an entire class of rifles including many legitimate hunting rifles. And that has been found to be unconstitutional. But when it's spelled out "AR-15/AK47 and their copies" then it's perfectly legal. The AR and the clones can be banned by the State,County,Province and Cities. But it has to be very specific in language. I can only think of 2 areas that have been sued that included that wording; California and Boston and both have been upheld in the Federal District Courts. What I don't understand is, Oregon's wording for their ban reads "Assault Rifle" and no one has take that to court to get it bounced. Stop crying in your beer and get that handled.

It wasn't an "assault rifle" the Muslim shooter used. It wasn't even a "rifle", it was a pistol.

Ruger® AR-556® Pistol Centerfire Pistol Model 8570

1.jpg
But why does it look like a rifle?

Only because it has the buttstock on the end. Take that off and it's basically a pistol. Something to do with the BATF's designation of what a rifle is and what a pistol is.

I don't understand all I know about it.

Try burglarizing his house one night, and you'll find out just who that somebody is.

The best way to burglarize a gun owner's house is to find a safe spot a hundred feet or so from the intended house.

Step 1. Throw a rock at one of the walls, wait a minute and then throw a rock at a different wall, or through a window.

Step 2. Keep your head down until the shooting stops in the house.

Step 3. Call the police and an ambulance.

Try burglarizing his house one night, and you'll find out just who that somebody is.

The best way to burglarize a gun owner's house is to find a safe spot a hundred feet or so from the intended house.

Step 1. Throw a rock at one of the walls, wait a minute and then throw a rock at a different wall, or through a window.

Step 2. Keep your head down until the shooting stops in the house.

Step 3. Call the police and an ambulance.
I'm guessing the ambulance is for you, after the guy just opens his door and let's his dog out and Rover proceeds to fuck you all the way up?

:rolleyes:

Guy shooting....No law enforcement...Good argument for the 2nd amendment.

Only morons think the answer to mass shootings is more guns. It is like saying the answer to arson is more matches.

Only a real moron would just let himself get shot dead because he didn't have the tools or the balls to protect himself.

backfire
[ˈbakˌfī(ə)r]

NOUN
  1. A fire set intentionally to arrest the progress of an approaching fire by creating a burned area in its path, thus depriving the fire of fuel.

The myth of the good guy with a gun is just that: a myth.

According to you. But we all know you're full of shit.

"Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6,849 every day. Most often, the gun is never fired...

Every year, 400,000 life-threatening violent crimes are prevented using firearms...

60 percent of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. Forty percent of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed...

Felons report that they avoid entering houses where people are at home because they fear being shot...

Fewer than 1 percent of firearms are used in the commission of a crime..."

Guns Prevent Thousands of Crimes Every Day, Research Shows | Lawrence W. Reed

You been hanging around with 2 boy again.

I don't "hang out" with anyone. I'm a walking, talking example of the 2nd Amendment, and am one of those proverbial "good guys with a gun" you hope might be around when some nutcase goes off on a shooting spree.

Do you have a Concealed Weapon Permit?

Had one since 2010 and have carried every day since then: Glock 19 Gen4, 15 in the magazine, one in the the chamber, two spare mags, pepper spray, tactical knife and flashlight.

Sometimes I'll wear level IV body armor under my shirt if I'm out of town and carrying a wad of cash. I also collect and repair firearms, handload for 10 different calibers, and shoot thousands of round a year. Have my own range in the back yard.

Be careful with those Glocks. You could shoot yourself in the foot.

All my carry weapons have safeties.

My safety is my index finger. The first weapon I carried was a Ruger P-89. It's hammer-fired, double-action, and has that goofy de-cocker type safety on it. The problem was that the safety lever could get snagged on clothing and when you pulled the trigger, nothing would happen.

Glocks are meant to be ready to go without having to fumblefuck with a safety lever, which is why they're favored by law-enforcement. You just have to follow the basic rule of firearms safety rule number 3: Keep you finger off the trigger until the sights are on the target.

And make sure the trigger doesn't get snagged on your clothing if you have to re-holster it. That's happened to more than several police officers.

I hear that all the time from my fellow gun nut buddies. In fact we debate this all the time.

If you are very well trained then you probably have the discipline to make your finger your safety Most people don't even come close to being that well trained. Even as much as I shoot I don't think I am trained well enough.

I personally feel more comfortable with a safety. It only takes a fraction of a second to disengage and it is a good safety barrier.

When I do my firearms training if it is a novice class I recommend them to get firearms with safeties.

It's probably a good idea to have a lever or button safety, if they're new at it and unfamiliar with firearms. My wife's Taurus G2C has one on the side.

I'm carrying the G19 in a leather Milt Sparks IWB holster and it keeps the trigger covered pretty well. Many people don't realize that a decent holster is one the best investments. Too many people end up going to Walmart and getting one of those crappy nylon or Kydex holsters, then end up shooting themselves in the dick. I tried seven different holsters before sticking with that that one.

milt sparks.jpg

Wow, I bet unarmed blacks, cops and innocent bystanders are afraid of you and the miss'es, eh? Cause that seems to be the only thing you redneck cop killers are targeting these days

This is something that seemed to die down during Trump...no pun intended...but why as soon as we get another democrat president we begin to see mass shooters again?...it happened under Clinton Obama and the anti 2nd amendment RINO Bush...makes me wonder if all of those stories about CIA mind control are true....
Lets face it...dems want to take guns away and need us to want that too...what better way than to create more random shootings....
Get the fuck outta here, Fact number one, under Trump in 2019, the dealiest of all shootings ever in the nation, was in Vegas. Again some sorry ass redneck having a bad day, but here's the deal, you nuts keep talking this gonna take our guns away shit to justify rednecks going bat fuckin crazy killing INNOCENT PEOPLE, News Flash, so far not one single gun owner in this nation has lost his or right to bare arms, correct? So the myth, the what if, factor is locked in your brainless heads and this is why you go on these endless rampages killing ppl because that's what you think???And if in fact nobody has taken one gun from you mindless nuts, WHY IN THE FUCK EVERY SINGLE TIME THERE'S A MASS SHOOTING, ESPECIALLY IN OPEN CARRY COLORADO, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU 2ND AMENDMENT HERO'S WITH YOUR OWN GUNS TO MAYBE JUST MAYBE SAVE A FUCKIN LIFE??????????? OR IS IT ONLY FOR UNARMED NEGRO'S JOGGING?

News flash. Trump didn't do the shooting in Las Vegas.

The great majority of the shootings in the US are in the Democrat controlled inner city ghettos among minority street thugs, druggies and gang bangers. They use cheap (usually stolen or illegally procured) handguns in areas that have already have strict gun control laws that don't work.

If you want to stop gun deaths in the US talk to the Democrat leaders in these high crime areas with Negroes and Illegals. They are the ones that won't do jackshit about crime in their areas.

My firearms of no threat to anybody except someone wanting to do me or my family harm.
Com'on, you rednecks got a new title, COP KILLERS....OWN IT MF'S, OWN IT

Only morons think the answer to mass shootings is more guns. It is like saying the answer to arson is more matches.

Only a real moron would just let himself get shot dead because he didn't have the tools or the balls to protect himself.

backfire
[ˈbakˌfī(ə)r]

NOUN
  1. A fire set intentionally to arrest the progress of an approaching fire by creating a burned area in its path, thus depriving the fire of fuel.

"Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6,849 every day. Most often, the gun is never fired...

Every year, 400,000 life-threatening violent crimes are prevented using firearms...

60 percent of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. Forty percent of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed...

Felons report that they avoid entering houses where people are at home because they fear being shot...

I don't "hang out" with anyone. I'm a walking, talking example of the 2nd Amendment, and am one of those proverbial "good guys with a gun" you hope might be around when some nutcase goes off on a shooting spree.

Had one since 2010 and have carried every day since then: Glock 19 Gen4, 15 in the magazine, one in the the chamber, two spare mags, pepper spray, tactical knife and flashlight.

Sometimes I'll wear level IV body armor under my shirt if I'm out of town and carrying a wad of cash. I also collect and repair firearms, handload for 10 different calibers, and shoot thousands of round a year. Have my own range in the back yard.

My safety is my index finger. The first weapon I carried was a Ruger P-89. It's hammer-fired, double-action, and has that goofy de-cocker type safety on it. The problem was that the safety lever could get snagged on clothing and when you pulled the trigger, nothing would happen.

Glocks are meant to be ready to go without having to fumblefuck with a safety lever, which is why they're favored by law-enforcement. You just have to follow the basic rule of firearms safety rule number 3: Keep you finger off the trigger until the sights are on the target.

And make sure the trigger doesn't get snagged on your clothing if you have to re-holster it. That's happened to more than several police officers.

I hear that all the time from my fellow gun nut buddies. In fact we debate this all the time.

If you are very well trained then you probably have the discipline to make your finger your safety Most people don't even come close to being that well trained. Even as much as I shoot I don't think I am trained well enough.

I personally feel more comfortable with a safety. It only takes a fraction of a second to disengage and it is a good safety barrier.

When I do my firearms training if it is a novice class I recommend them to get firearms with safeties.

It's probably a good idea to have a lever or button safety, if they're new at it and unfamiliar with firearms. My wife's Taurus G2C has one on the side.

I'm carrying the G19 in a leather Milt Sparks IWB holster and it keeps the trigger covered pretty well. Many people don't realize that a decent holster is one the best investments. Too many people end up going to Walmart and getting one of those crappy nylon or Kydex holsters, then end up shooting themselves in the dick. I tried seven different holsters before sticking with that that one.

milt sparks.jpg

Wow, I bet unarmed blacks, cops and innocent bystanders are afraid of you and the miss'es, eh? Cause that seems to be the only thing you redneck cop killers are targeting these days

Da fuq are you even talking about?

So where was the "good guy" with a weapon to stop the shooter in Boulder?

Where was that "good guy" with a weapon in Atlanta last week?

Arming people isn't the answer. Making sure weapons don't get into the wrong hands is the answer.

Hey.....dipshit......the Grocery store was a gun free zone.......the cop who was there was in the store shopping......

Do you understand that when a location is "GUN FREE" that means no one has a gun.....do you fucking understand that?

You do realize, 2Assguy that you just destroyed your argument. The cop was the "good guy" with a gun and still he could not stop the rampage. In other words, your argument is pure BS.

He was the only one, shit for brains.........it was a gun free zone....so no one else was allowed to have the gun......you just made the case for more people in that store to have had guns, you idiot.........

Do your Chinese masters know you are posting about this instead of spreading lies about the Chinese Flu?

Wrong again. More guns would have done shit. The innocents would have still have died. Just like the cop they would have been take unawares.

Are you this stupid in real life or only when you post...

They sent in cops....with guns.....to stop this guy........ Guns.......not social workers...

Getting shot through the leg stopped the shooter from hurting more people you idiot....

Research shows that when shooters are immediately engaged by armed people, they are killed, surrender, run away.....you idiot..

You should really study these things before you post....China is definitely not getting their monies worth with you....

If I were being paid by the Chinese I certainly wouldn't give a damn about American lives, but I do. If anyone seems to be a useful idiot of the Chinese and our adversaries it is YOU. You are the one arguing that Americans are so full of anger and hate that we need to be armed to the teeth to protect one another from one another.

If tightening gun laws will have less lunatics having access to guns and more lives saved, then we should do it.

You want us to live in an armed encampment where everyone is afraid of each other.

In the end, your world, 2assguy, is a miserable world.

ttRUMP'S army of nuts, are offically cop killers. But I

backfire
[ˈbakˌfī(ə)r]

NOUN

milt sparks.jpg

i I honestly don't know, I just woke up....LOLO

So where was the "good guy" with a weapon to stop the shooter in Boulder?

Where was that "good guy" with a weapon in Atlanta last week?

Arming people isn't the answer. Making sure weapons don't get into the wrong hands is the answer.

Hey.....dipshit......the Grocery store was a gun free zone.......the cop who was there was in the store shopping......

Do you understand that when a location is "GUN FREE" that means no one has a gun.....do you fucking understand that?

You do realize, 2Assguy that you just destroyed your argument. The cop was the "good guy" with a gun and still he could not stop the rampage. In other words, your argument is pure BS.

He was the only one, shit for brains.........it was a gun free zone....so no one else was allowed to have the gun......you just made the case for more people in that store to have had guns, you idiot.........

Do your Chinese masters know you are posting about this instead of spreading lies about the Chinese Flu?

Wrong again. More guns would have done shit. The innocents would have still have died. Just like the cop they would have been take unawares.

Are you this stupid in real life or only when you post...

They sent in cops....with guns.....to stop this guy........ Guns.......not social workers...

Getting shot through the leg stopped the shooter from hurting more people you idiot....

Research shows that when shooters are immediately engaged by armed people, they are killed, surrender, run away.....you idiot..

You should really study these things before you post....China is definitely not getting their monies worth with you....

If I were being paid by the Chinese I certainly wouldn't give a damn about American lives, but I do. If anyone seems to be a useful idiot of the Chinese and our adversaries it is YOU. You are the one arguing that Americans are so full of anger and hate that we need to be armed to the teeth to protect one another from one another.

If tightening gun laws will have less lunatics having access to guns and more lives saved, then we should do it.

You want us to live in an armed encampment where everyone is afraid of each other.

In the end, your world, 2assguy, is a miserable world.

ttRUMP'S army of nuts, are offically cop killers. But I

backfire
[ˈbakˌfī(ə)r]

NOUN

milt sparks.jpg

i I honestly don't know, I just woke up....LOLO

Drink some coffee and do some reading, you're way behind and looking stupid.

The time to stop the German socialists was when they were burning and looting stores and murdering Jews in the street........which is why the socialists took away their guns.....

There are many misconceptions on how the Jews reacted to the Nazis and how the Nazis reacted to the Jews, both before and during WW2.

None of it having anything to do with the Nazis disarming Jews!

In fact, Jewish people took up arms and fought the Germans as often as other ethnic or religious groups or factions.

Bearing in mind that the catholic church's alienation toward Nazism made it less likely that catholics in some countries fought the Nazis in as large numbers.

If an American or Canadian wants to be a student of WW2 history then he/she will have to demonstrate they are interested in the truth.

We know that truthful history in any war doesn't come exclusively from the victor.

Jews took up arms against the Germans in WARSAW. And the Germans utterly destroyed the city. It appears you know nothing about the Jewish experience in GERMANY, which was universally one of mass murder victimhood.

Question for you stupid uneducated Moon Bats.

How many lies are in this stupid statement by Joe Dufus?

View attachment 471344
It held it steady ( there was nothing like the number then that there are now) and as soon as the ban was lifted, mass shootings began to soar.

No......you are wrong......mass shootings have gone up because asshats like you and the press turn these shootings into the Oscars for crazy people........and so they call out the crazies to do more and bigger to top the last one, you doofus.

Yea, I’m pretty sure people aren’t arguing that guns kill people all by themselves.

Note how they call it "gun control" and not "people control"

There's a reason for that.

Suit yourself though. See ya.

See ya.

“Gun control” doesn’t imply that people think guns kill people all on their own.

Sorry, but this isn’t complicated. At all.

No, it isn't, really. Instead of controlling the sale of firearms, control who gets them. If you are mentally unstable, on the terrorism watchlist, a convicted felon or etc, you should not be allowed to purchase or a firearm. Make the punishment for violating that be as harsh as the law will allow. As a means of deterrence.

Just as an aside:

If what you say is true, why are we controlling guns instead of the people who use them? Why can't we focus on the behavior of the person instead of the availability of the object?

That’s fine. But “gun control” still doesn’t imply that people think guns can kill people on their own. I mean that should be obvious. Looks like you’re intentionally misrepresenting the opposition’s argument.

You have your opinions on what should be acceptable gun control legislation, and that’s fine. But it would probably be best not to misrepresent the other side’s argument. Once again, nobody is suggesting that guns can operate by themselves.

Wow, so you have a friend who's a Chem E. Big deal. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the subject.

Weren't you telling me about the Jewish people who were murdered in Germany?
Yeah, you were, but I told you that it would be a better story if you looked to Poland.

We can get to Poland after you follow through with the story in Germany. How about an estimate of how many Jewish people were killed on Kristallnacht? US estimates put it at less than a hundred, but they don't say how much less. America kills that many from 30,000 feet even when the bomb misses the target! My own estimate would be 10 killed on Kristallnacht but I'm always open to some proof of it being a higher number.

If it sounds to you that I'm comparing the Nazis killing of Jewish people "in Germany" as insignificant compared to in "Poland", then that's what I'm doing.

My friend wasn't just a chemical engineer, he actually knew what he was talking about because he lived through it within easy walking distance of A-B.

backfire
[ˈbakˌfī(ə)r]

NOUN

Do you ever get tired of being proven to be an ignorant imbecile?

Your opinion based cite is based on
(Cook and Ludwig, 1996 which is based on:

Kleck 1992 which has been debunked.

The Contradictions of the Kleck Study
HEMENWAY CRITICISM OF KLECK
STUDIES SHOWING RISK OF GUNS OUTWEIGH BENEFITS
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE STUDIES CONCERNING DEFENSIVE GUN USES

As for the notion that those using firearms to fend off attackers were more effective in avoiding injury than those using other weapons or no weapons, the DOJ study makes the following exclaimer: "Care should be used in interpreting these data because many aspects of crimes--including victim and offender characteristics, crime circumstances, and offender intent--contribute to victims' injury outcomes."

What is also interesting is that the study notes that "In most cases victims who used firearms to defend themselves or their property were confronted by offenders who were either unarmed or armed with weapons other than firearms." Specifically, only 35% of those who used a firearm in self-defense actually faced an offender who had a gun. DOJ makes no judgments in this study on whether the level of force employed by these individuals was appropriate or consonant with the threat they faced. It may very well be that the presence of firearms in many of these incidents escalated what otherwise might have been non-violent (or non-fatal) encounters.

According to the DOJ study, gun owners also provided criminals with ample opportunities to arm themselves through firearm theft: "From 1987-1992 victims reported an annual average of about 341,000 incidents of firearm theft. Because the NCVS asks for types but not a count of items stolen, the annual total of firearms stolen probably exceeds the number of incidents." It should also be noted that there is no federal law requiring the reporting of lost and stolen firearms, and almost no state laws in this regard. There are undoubtedly thousands of stolen firearms that go entirely unreported every year.

The problem with Kleck's figures was he used ALL uses of firearms including LE and Military and used them in his Civilian figures. If his figures had been correct, if I were to walk to my favorite quick stop, I would have to shoot my way all the way there, shoot my way while in the store and then shoot my way all the way back home.

Hemenway....really? You couldn't have cited a bigger doofus than Hemenway...

Klecks response first...Hemenway cited the National Crime Victimization Survey as his research into gun self defense....this is a study each year that does not use the word gun....it does not ask the respondees any questions about gun use, and is one of the most useless studies for actual gun defense information...but you cited him....

You dumb ass...

That the National Crime Victimization Survey estimate is radically wrong is now beyond serious dispute. Ultimately, the only foundation one ever has for knowing that a measurement is wrong is that it is inconsistent with other measurements of the same phenomenon. There are now at least 15 other independent estimates of the frequency of defensive gun uses and every one of them is enormously larger than the National-Crime-Victimization-Survey estimate. Unanimity is rare in studies of crime, but this is one of those rare cases. Apparently, however, even unanimous and overwhelming evidence is not sufficient to dissuade the gun control advocacy organizations, such as Handgun Control, Inc., and the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, that the National Crime Victimization Survey estimate is at least approximately valid and that defensive gun use is rare.

The numerous surveys yielding contrary estimates strongly support the view that the National-Crime-Victimization-Survey estimate is grossly erroneous.

There has probably been more outright dishonesty in addressing the issue of the frequency of defensive gun use than any other issue in the gun control debate. Faced with a huge body of evidence contradicting their low defensive-gun-use position, hard- core gun-control supporters have had little choice but to simply promote the unsuitable National-Crime-Victimization-Survey estimate and ignore or discount everything else. Authors writing in medical and public health journals are typically the most crudely dishonest--they simply withhold from their readers the very existence of a mountain of contradictory evidence.

And the Department of Justice study...what they actually found? That you left out....

ttps://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/165476.pdf

Applying those restrictions leaves 19 NSPOF respondents (0.8 percent of the sample), representing 1.5 million defensive users.

This estimate is directly comparable to the well-known estimate of Kleck and Gertz, shown in the last column of exhibit 7.

While the NSPOF estimate is smaller, it is statistically plausible that the difference is due to sampling error. Inclusion of multiple DGUs reported by half of the 19 NSPOF respondents increases the estimate to 4.7 million DGUs.

Only morons think that

Only morons think that the answer to these shootings is disarming the law abiding gun owners who did nothing wrong.

Today shows us that

Sorry you got your lesson wrong.

backfire
[ˈbakˌfī(ə)r]

NOUN

Your opinion based cite is based on
(Cook and Ludwig, 1996 which is based on:

Kleck 1992 which has been debunked.

The Contradictions of the Kleck Study
HEMENWAY CRITICISM OF KLECK
STUDIES SHOWING RISK OF GUNS OUTWEIGH BENEFITS
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE STUDIES CONCERNING DEFENSIVE GUN USES

As for the notion that those using firearms to fend off attackers were more effective in avoiding injury than those using other weapons or no weapons, the DOJ study makes the following exclaimer: "Care should be used in interpreting these data because many aspects of crimes--including victim and offender characteristics, crime circumstances, and offender intent--contribute to victims' injury outcomes."

What is also interesting is that the study notes that "In most cases victims who used firearms to defend themselves or their property were confronted by offenders who were either unarmed or armed with weapons other than firearms." Specifically, only 35% of those who used a firearm in self-defense actually faced an offender who had a gun. DOJ makes no judgments in this study on whether the level of force employed by these individuals was appropriate or consonant with the threat they faced. It may very well be that the presence of firearms in many of these incidents escalated what otherwise might have been non-violent (or non-fatal) encounters.

According to the DOJ study, gun owners also provided criminals with ample opportunities to arm themselves through firearm theft: "From 1987-1992 victims reported an annual average of about 341,000 incidents of firearm theft. Because the NCVS asks for types but not a count of items stolen, the annual total of firearms stolen probably exceeds the number of incidents." It should also be noted that there is no federal law requiring the reporting of lost and stolen firearms, and almost no state laws in this regard. There are undoubtedly thousands of stolen firearms that go entirely unreported every year.

The problem with Kleck's figures was he used ALL uses of firearms including LE and Military and used them in his Civilian figures. If his figures had been correct, if I were to walk to my favorite quick stop, I would have to shoot my way all the way there, shoot my way while in the store and then shoot my way all the way back home.

Hey....dipshit....... I really think you are Brain357 using a different name, this is the same B.S. he used to say knowing the whole time it was a lie...

The problem with Kleck's figures was he used ALL uses of firearms including LE and Military and used them in his Civilian figures.

Kleck's study, you dumb ass, did not use law enforcement or military defensive gun use.....you don't know what you are talking about...

From Kleck..

The National Self-Defense Survey was the first survey specifically designed to estimate the frequency of defensive gun uses. It asked all respondents about both their own uses and those of other household members, inquired about all gun types, excluded uses against animals or connected with occupational duties, and limited recall periods to one and five years.

Equally importantly, it established, with detailed questioning, whether persons claiming a defensive gun use had actually confronted an adversary (as distinct from, say, merely investigating a suspicious noise in the backyard), actually used their guns in some way, such as, at minimum, threatening their adversaries (as distinct from merely owning or carrying a gun for defensive reasons), and had done so in connection with what they regarded as a specific crime being committed against them.
------

The National Self-Defense Survey indicated that there were 2.5 million incidents of defensive gun use per year in the U.S. during the 1988-1993 period. This is probably a conservative estimate, for two reasons. First, cases of respondents intentionally withholding reports of genuine defensive-gun uses were probably more common than cases of respondents reporting incidents that did not occur or that were not genuinely defensive. Second, the survey covered only adults age 18 and older, thereby excluding all defensive gun uses involving adolescents, the age group most likely to suffer a violent victimization.

The authors concluded that defensive uses of guns are about three to four times as common as criminal uses of guns. The National Self-Defense Survey confirmed the picture of frequent defensive gun use implied by the results of earlier, less sophisticated surveys.

A national survey conducted in 1994 by the Police Foundation and sponsored by the National Institute of Justice almost exactly confirmed the estimates from the National Self-Defense Survey.

This survey's person-based estimate was that 1.44% of the adult population had used a gun for protection against a person in the previous year, implying 2.73 million defensive gun users. These results were well within sampling error of the corresponding 1.33% and 2.55 million estimates produced by the National Self-Defense Survey.

Jeeeeez you preople, allow the Nazis some slack. It was wartime as opposed to *peace time in American where Americans are blowing each others brains out in the thousands!

* as close to peacetime as Ameica gets.
Guns were taken from Jews prior to war.
guns were taken from all Germans after WWI
We aren't the Germans, and better yet we defeated them with (wait for it), guns.

I know, I know, but they were military guns, and they were issued to the soldiers for a purpose... True, but you still had to have a citizenry capable of being trained, and having guns as civilians came in real handy as a starter when going in.
Are we talking all guns? No. We are talking about assault weapon bans & magazine limitations.

An AR-15 is not a military weapon, you dumb ass, and magzine bans are just stupid.......you can't justify magazine bans other than to say..."But we want to ban them..." That is all you have.

You guys want to limit magazines because you know that will make millions and millions of pistols illegal...since their standard magazine is 15-19 rounds.....a gun ban without voting to ban the guns....and lying to the American people about why you want the magazine ban.

backfire
[ˈbakˌfī(ə)r]

NOUN

wow..Look what little fucktard was triggered.

Jus another typical comment from Nostro, the biggest dumbshit on this board.

You have to post from some libertarian blog.

LOL.. How about from a real news source, Nobrain.

Facts always piss of single digit IQ libtards like you.

Hey dumbfuck, did even read your own link. The author of the opinion piece you cite, says he got his facts “on-line“. Granted you are among the more dense posters in this board, so the idea that he cites “facts“ is only someone with your dim-witted would take seriously. Even the theauthor admired his sources are biased. You truly are an ass monkey,

You dismiss my link because he used the innerwebs........yet you used the innerwebs for your link. :cuckoo:

You are a dumbass who is too stupid to know when he is being a colossal dumbass.

I note you can’t refute any of the data I posted.

This coming from the guy who is too stupid to admit when he is wrong. John Lott, who your blogger widely quotes and praises, is a well known nut job hired by the Trump AdmInistration.

Lott is also a proven liar and fabricator.

Not that it matters to you because you are two peas in the same rancid pod.

“Beyond posing as a female graduate student to praise his own work and push back against critics for three years, Lott has a horrible record of accuracy. For example, in his 1998 book More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws, Lott pushed the myth that increasing gun ownership -- and especially increasing concealed weapons permits -- results in fewer incidents of violent crime. The book was widely criticized, and the Stanford Law Review said Lott made his central claim “without credible statistical support.” In fact, Lott’s premise has proved to be patently false; states with right-to-carry concealed handgun laws have higher rates of violent crime than states with no such laws.”

Try again, Dumb ass.

Kicking your ass, Nostro, has become very boring.

He is the Gold Standard when it comes to gun research which is why an moron like you and the others lie about him....

Here are the two doofuses who first attacked Lott....

The Impact of Right-to-Carry Laws: A Critique of the 2014 Version of Aneja, Donohue, and Zhang · Econ Journal Watch : Panel regressions, right-to-carry, shall-issue

Abstract
In 2005 the National Research Council (nrc) analyzed right-to-carry (rtc) laws, which relax the requirements necessary to acquire a permit to carry a concealed weapon. The nrc essentially concluded that the data were not sufficient to determine whether rtc laws increased or decreased crime.

However, a recent working paper from Abhay Aneja, John J. Donohue, and Alexandria Zhang re-evaluates the nrc analysis and purports to find evidence that rtc laws increase murder, rape, robbery, and assault. They make a number of choices that generate those results,
but we find those choices are often unjustifiable.

Most importantly, we note that they use only part of the available data, claiming that a regime change renders decades of data unusable—yet they did not test for the existence of a regime change, and our examination here finds little evidence that such a regime change occurred.

Additionally, we note that they compare states that newly adopted laws with states that already had laws, that their standard errors are biased downward, that they exclude highly significant individual state trends, that they run multiple tests without adjusting significance levels, and that they fail to report significance tests on pre- and post-law dummy coefficients.

==============

You moron....

The only way anti-gun extremists posing as researchers get their data is by lying, and cheating on the data....every single study that they use is fake...........

Investigators have not established a motive, but authorities believe he was the only shooter, Boulder County District Attorney Michael Dougherty said.
The suspect purchased the assault weapon just six days before the shooting, on March 16, according to the arrest affidavit released Tuesday. It was not immediately known where the gun was purchased.

The shooting came 10 days after a judge blocked a ban on assault rifles passed by the city of Boulder in 2018. That ordinance and another banning large-capacity magazines came after the 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 people dead.
A lawsuit challenging the bans was filed quickly, backed by the National Rifle Association. The judge struck down the ordinance under a Colorado law that blocks cities from making their own rules about guns.
A law enforcement official briefed on the shooting said the suspect's family told investigators they believed Alissa was suffering some type of mental illness, including delusions. Relatives described times when Alissa told them people were following or chasing him, which they said may have contributed to the violence, the official said. The official was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to AP on condition of anonymity.
One caller said the suspect opened fire out the window of his vehicle. Others called to say they were hiding inside the store as the gunman fired on customers. Witnesses described the shooter as having a black AR-15-style gun and wearing blue jeans and maybe body armor.
By the time he was in custody, Alissa had been struck by a bullet that passed through his leg, the affidavit said. He had removed most of his clothing and was dressed only in shorts. Inside the store, he had left the gun, a tactical vest, a semiautomatic handgun and his bloodied clothing, the affidavit said.

After the shooting, detectives went to Alissa's home and found his sister-in-law, who told them that he had been playing around with a weapon she thought looked like a "machine gun," about two days earlier, the document said.

The law was blocked due to the wording. The phrase "Assault Rifle" used which is a Military Term for a group of rifles and SMGs. In the Civilian World, it's a generic term that would encompass an entire class of rifles including many legitimate hunting rifles. And that has been found to be unconstitutional. But when it's spelled out "AR-15/AK47 and their copies" then it's perfectly legal. The AR and the clones can be banned by the State,County,Province and Cities. But it has to be very specific in language. I can only think of 2 areas that have been sued that included that wording; California and Boston and both have been upheld in the Federal District Courts. What I don't understand is, Oregon's wording for their ban reads "Assault Rifle" and no one has take that to court to get it bounced. Stop crying in your beer and get that handled.

It wasn't an "assault rifle" the Muslim shooter used. It wasn't even a "rifle", it was a pistol.

1.jpg

A pig by any other name is still a pig.
That's an AR Clone and doesn't resemble any form of "Pistol". It's an AR-15 Clone. Illegal in California, Boston, DC and a few other places. Stop lying.

This is something that seemed to die down during Trump...no pun intended...but why as soon as we get another democrat president we begin to see mass shooters again?...it happened under Clinton Obama and the anti 2nd amendment RINO Bush...makes me wonder if all of those stories about CIA mind control are true....
Lets face it...dems want to take guns away and need us to want that too...what better way than to create more random shootings....
Get the fuck outta here, Fact number one, under Trump in 2019, the dealiest of all shootings ever in the nation, was in Vegas. Again some sorry ass redneck having a bad day, but here's the deal, you nuts keep talking this gonna take our guns away shit to justify rednecks going bat fuckin crazy killing INNOCENT PEOPLE, News Flash, so far not one single gun owner in this nation has lost his or right to bare arms, correct? So the myth, the what if, factor is locked in your brainless heads and this is why you go on these endless rampages killing ppl because that's what you think???And if in fact nobody has taken one gun from you mindless nuts, WHY IN THE FUCK EVERY SINGLE TIME THERE'S A MASS SHOOTING, ESPECIALLY IN OPEN CARRY COLORADO, WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU 2ND AMENDMENT HERO'S WITH YOUR OWN GUNS TO MAYBE JUST MAYBE SAVE A FUCKIN LIFE??????????? OR IS IT ONLY FOR UNARMED NEGRO'S JOGGING?

News flash. Trump didn't do the shooting in Las Vegas.

The great majority of the shootings in the US are in the Democrat controlled inner city ghettos among minority street thugs, druggies and gang bangers. They use cheap (usually stolen or illegally procured) handguns in areas that have already have strict gun control laws that don't work.

If you want to stop gun deaths in the US talk to the Democrat leaders in these high crime areas with Negroes and Illegals. They are the ones that won't do jackshit about crime in their areas.

My firearms of no threat to anybody except someone wanting to do me or my family harm.
Com'on, you rednecks got a new title, COP KILLERS....OWN IT MF'S, OWN IT

Wake up dummy....

1.jpg
But why does it look like a rifle?

Because it is. It's an AR-15 Clone. What this is going to do is to have the County reintroduce the bill that reads, instead of "Assault Rifle", it will read "Ar-15 and it's various Clones" and will be legal.

Forum List

Back