🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Another Death attributed to Marijuana?

So an underaged kid gets his hands on a pot cookie, take 6x the recommended dose, and kills himself. Now we should ban pot because of this extremely isolated event (which depends largely on the stupidity of a 19 year old).
Substitute the word stupidity with ignorance and therein lies the tale of wrongful THC dosage, which to some extent affects almost everyone using marijuana today. And the direct cause of this perpetuated ignorance is marijuana prohibition.

There is a right way and a wrong way to use marijuana, but there is no education available on the right way because of the rigidly enforced taboo. So the vast majority of marijuana users have absolutely no idea of the potency level of (or the contaminants in) the weed they buy from bootleg suppliers. The only knowledge they have in terms of how to use it is to roll up a joint or pack a pipe and smoke the whole thing.

Last edited:
They are potheads! They should die. As fast as possible. Who cares whether one jumps out of a window or not. It's one less dope addict.

I can imagine one intent on committing suicide opting for one last drink, or smoke, or fuck, etc... one last euphoric experience before summoning Death.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

^ According to this post there have been other deaths reported previously ^

Here is one I find especially tragic since the people involved were only 19 and 23.
I thought the legal age was agreed to be 25 minimum to accommodate for brain development.
So what business did anyone have giving access to 20 year olds if it has been established this poses danger?

Pot Death Teen Leaps 4 Stories After Eating Marijuana Cookie

Pot Death: Teen Leaps 4 Stories After Eating Marijuana Cookie

Officials determined that marijuana intoxication, from cookies, was the chief contributing factor to the man’s death. (Photo: Getty Images)

A teenager in Colorado died after consuming an entire marijuana cookie that contained 6 servings of marijuana’s active ingredient, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), according to a new report.

The 19-year-old man had received a marijuana cookie from his friend, a 23-year-old who bought the product from a store. The sales clerk instructed the friend to divide the cookie into six pieces, with each piece containing about 10 mg of THC, the recommended serving size established by Colorado authorities.

At first, the 19-year-old followed these instructions, and ate just part of the cookie. But after about 30 to 60 minutes, he didn’t feel any effects, so he ate the rest of the cookie, according to the report, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.

Over the next few hours, the man showed erratic speech and hostile behaviors, the report said. About 2.5 hours after he ate the whole cookie, he jumped off a balcony on the fourth floor of his building, and died from trauma from the fall, the report said.

Officials determined that marijuana intoxication was the chief contributing factor to the man’s death, which occurred in March 2014. An autopsy found that the man’s blood levels of THC were above the legal limit for driving a car in Colorado.

“This case illustrates a potential danger associated with recreational edible marijuana use,” the report said. [Where Americans Smoke and Grow Marijuana (Maps)]

In 2012, Colorado legalized the recreational use of marijuana, and stores selling the products opened in 2014.

Marijuana takes longer to have an effect when ingested as opposed to smoked. Peak blood levels of THC occur about 1 to 2 hours after ingestion of marijuana, compared to just 5 to 10 minutes after the drug is smoked.
The NIH lists marijuana as an hallucinogen. They base this on scientific studies. Potheads claim the NIH is lying. They base this on being potheads who want to get high legally.

Who to believe, who to believe....

They are potheads! They should die. As fast as possible. Who cares whether one jumps out of a window or not. It's one less dope addict.
I say the same for people that eat strawberries. All natural and shit.. Who the fuck do they think they are?!?

Unfortunately it's never a clean self elimination. They take out others too, people's loved ones. Potheads threaten all of society and deserve to be locked up to protect my family.

The NIH lists marijuana as an hallucinogen. They base this on scientific studies. Potheads claim the NIH is lying. They base this on being potheads who want to get high legally.

The NIH and the NIDA are government bureaucracies. Anything they put forth should be taken with a grain of salt.

Whom to believe? I suggest the horse's mouth.

I used marijuana on a fairly regular basis throughout the 1970s when it was decriminalized in New York City. So did my wife, a clinical psychologist, and a number of our friends, none of whom fit the "pothead" stereotype. We smoked it and we enjoyed it in various edible forms, such as brownies and carrot cake. Neither I, nor my wife, nor any of our friends ever experienced a hallucination or any other deviant experience from using marijuana. It served us in its intended purpose as a euphoric tranquilizer which enhanced social interactions and certain intellectual pursuits.

The simple key to deriving the most positive and productive effect from THC is to know its potency level and to not over-indulge, which is a very common mistake.

The NIH and the NIDA are government bureaucracies. Anything they put forth should be taken with a grain of salt.

I used marijuana on a fairly regular basis throughout the 1970s when it was decriminalized in New York City. So did my wife, a clinical psychologist, and a number of our friends, none of whom fit the "pothead" stereotype. We smoked it and we enjoyed it in various edible forms, such as brownies and carrot cake. Neither I, nor my wife, nor any of our friends ever experienced a hallucination or any other deviant experience from using marijuana. It served us in its intended purpose as a euphoric tranquilizer which enhanced social interactions and certain intellectual pursuits.

The simple key to deriving the most positive and productive effect from THC is to know its potency level and to not over-indulge, which is a very common mistake.
There is still time.

If you don't like or trust marijuana .. you shouldn't smoke it. .. and, you should leave that same choice to the rest of the planet.

Over-indulge???

You could smoke 400 joints .. and if the house caught fire .. you would get up and walk out. That's something you probably could not do while drunk from legalized alcohol.

Unfortunately it's never a clean self elimination. They take out others too, people's loved ones. Potheads threaten all of society and deserve to be locked up to protect my family.
you can say the same about religious zealots too....

Someone read the bible and jumped out of a window? They need to get together with the people who eat strawberries and jump out of windows.

Potheads should not be locked up. They should be dealt with the way they are dealt with in the Phillipines.

About 88,000 U.S. deaths each year traced to alcohol use, study says
About 88,000 U.S. deaths each year traced to alcohol use, study says

Alcohol-Related Deaths Highest In 35 Years

Alcohol-Related Deaths Highest In 35 Years - NCADD Blog Roll

The claim is that pot smokers won't respond to this thread .. then when we do .. everyone runs away.

:0) Thanks for playing.

People who drink themselves to death are like those who overdose. Get rid of them all.

I have a suggestion .. find a real argument.

Scientists Explain Why Marijuana Users Never Overdose
Scientists have discovered a molecule in the brain that may limit the effects of too much cannabis.
Marijuana has never been linked to an overdose death, and new findings may explain why.
Scientists Explain Why Marijuana Users Never Overdose

Someone read the bible and jumped out of a window? They need to get together with the people who eat strawberries and jump out of windows.

Potheads should not be locked up. They should be dealt with the way they are dealt with in the Phillipines.
as a religious zealot i would not expect you to understand what i meant....but you should be locked up to protect the general populace...

Forum List

Back