Another freebie for welfare queens. EBT card gets you huge discount at museum

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Welfare is supposed to be for essentials not entertainment.

Virginians with EBT card can now get into Science Museum for less

oct 5 2016 Low-income families who want to visit the Science Museum of Virginia will now get to do it at a fraction of the cost.

Local media outlets report that the museum will charge an exhibit admission fee of $1 per child and $2 per adult to families who have an Electronic Benefit Transfer card. If they pay an additional $1, they can watch a movie in the museum's Dome Theatre.

Regular admission prices for the exhibits are $14 for adults and $13 for youth and seniors.

If its anything like the museums in Los Angeles, the exhibits are destroyed almost as fast as they are put up.

Oh Lord...please don't get me started....
I have to leave for work soon.

Yep, I worked from 9-6 today, got home at 7,
have to be at my 2nd job at 11pm, work til 7am,
then rush to catch the train cuz I have to be at my other job at 8 am.

These deadbeats don't have to buy an insurance plan,
cuz they still get health care through the government w our tax dollars.

They can buy soda, candy, frozen pizzas, snacks, cookies,
ice cream, t bone steaks, cake, yada, yada, yada...
shit I rarely buy and I work two freaking jobs!

They have cars, their nails done, their hair done and dress to the t

Subsidized housing, utilities, Internet for $10, cell phones, money

If you are on public aid and have more kids,
even though you can't afford the ones you have,
they should not increase their benefits, they should leave it as is

Public Aid should be like unemployment...
you don't put in, you don't get out.
And, it's only for a stipulated amount of time.

Like I said...please don't get me started :blowup:

Good. Now poor white people can get into the museum too.

Ultimately museums should be free for everyone, but what the hell...

The Science Museum of Virginia ...I remember when that was a grand, grand railroad station...the old Broad Street Station...columns inside and outside, the dome on top, the many rows of wooden seats with various models of trains in cases between the rows. The place echoed...echoed. I took my kids there in the early days of the museum. We went to the IMAX theater. Now the train station that serves those particular tracks is a rather nondescript building west of Richmond City proper.

The other train station in Richmond - probably the one most seen - is the old Main Street Station, in it's own right a beautiful building. If you happen to be traveling north on I-95 you'll pass within mere feet of the brick clock tower of that station.

As to EBT cards ... no ... not for entertainment UNLESS it's merely produced to get a discount which does NOT involve any money exchange or reimbursement of the difference in cost.

oct 5 2016 Low-income families who want to visit the Science Museum of Virginia will now get to do it at a fraction of the cost.

Local media outlets report that the museum will charge an exhibit admission fee of $1 per child and $2 per adult to families who have an Electronic Benefit Transfer card. If they pay an additional $1, they can watch a movie in the museum's Dome Theatre.

Regular admission prices for the exhibits are $14 for adults and $13 for youth and seniors.

Yes, Silly Darkies... culture is for White People.

I DISAGREE: Added value of EDUCATION to food is a win win for society and the individual. Since when have MUSEUMS been simply "entertainment". THE SMITHSONIAN: Wow! that's some top notch entertainment!

images.jpg

Yes, Silly Darkies... culture is for White People.

So you think only brown people are on welfare?

Forum List

Back