Another knifeman screaming 'Allah Akbar' - this time in Dutch town

I wonder if Lidl does cement mixers.
They have Aldi's in Europe?

Yes all across most of the Continent. Aldi is German, 1946, although it was earlier because the Albrecht's Mama had a store in Essen which she opened I think in about 1910.

In Austria Aldi operates with the name Hofer. Here is the website.

Hofer - Start

Also in Slovenia Aldi operates with the name Hofer. Here is the website.

Hofer - Začetna stran
Do you have to rent a cart and bring your own bags for the stuff you buy? That is how it is run here in da US..
'Rent a cart'???
A grocery cart, you deposit a 25 cent piece and get the 25 cents back when you return the grocery cart...Why cents is singular then plural in past tense is beyond me..And that i after e crap...

Yes all across most of the Continent. Aldi is German, 1946, although it was earlier because the Albrecht's Mama had a store in Essen which she opened I think in about 1910.

Hofer - Start

Hofer - Začetna stran
Do you have to rent a cart and bring your own bags for the stuff you buy? That is how it is run here in da US..
'Rent a cart'???
A grocery cart, you deposit 25 cent piece and get the 25 cents back when you return the grocery cart...

That's how it is in Europe, in all supermarkets. Started by the French.

You only take what out when you're sleeping? Teeth or bags?

It's really just a joke, but the old dentures in a class beside the bed is the image..

trans_dentures_glass.png

Hofer - Start

Hofer - Začetna stran
'Rent a cart'???

I think he means one of these, it'll be €1.

shoppingtrolleyvector1.jpg

Also we have none of this standing about and taking your time, what happens, you pay for the groceries and then get them all in the bags as fast as possible, anyone taking their time, they'll at the best get some very severe looks from everyone and at the worst they'll be verbally told to stop taking their time.

You should aim to have everything bagged in under 4 minutes and then out of the store.

You only take what out when you're sleeping? Teeth or bags?

It's really just a joke, but the old dentures in a class beside the bed is the image..

trans_dentures_glass.png

Oh okay, because if it was your bags you only take out when sleeping, well, being a lady, I didn't want to be asking you what bags of yours were you meaning you were taking out when sleeping :eusa_whistle:

Hofer - Start

Hofer - Začetna stran
'Rent a cart'???

Also we have none of this standing about and taking your time, what happens, you pay for the groceries and then get them all in the bags as fast as possible, anyone taking their time, they'll at the best get some very severe looks from everyone and at the worst they'll be verbally told to stop taking their time.

You should aim to have everything bagged in under 4 minutes and then out of the store.

They do all that in the US for you. It's a culture shock to get back to Europe.

Hofer - Start

Hofer - Začetna stran
'Rent a cart'???

They, the people that work in the store put all the groceries in the bags for you? So what are you doing when they do this?

Hofer - Start

Hofer - Začetna stran
'Rent a cart'???

We have a gesture here in the US which exemplifies our attitude towards those drill sergeants from basic training camp...
fc0fc6b62f922285be4e30ea909a5a2a.jpg

Hofer - Start

Hofer - Začetna stran
'Rent a cart'???
A grocery cart, you deposit 25 cent piece and get the 25 cents back when you return the grocery cart...

That's how it is in Europe, in all supermarkets. Started by the French.

I wasn't sure about the rent side of the situation.

Hofer - Start

Hofer - Začetna stran
'Rent a cart'???

They, the people that work in the store put all the groceries in the bags for you? So what are you doing when they do this?
Looking for hot chicks...

Hofer - Start

Hofer - Začetna stran
'Rent a cart'???

In my regular supermarket in the US, the cashier puts the groceries in a bag for you. I've seen this method in France too. Leaving you to sort out your payment options. It's very efficient. Gets the customer out of the way quickly. Instead of multitasking with fumbling and bagging. Holding up the queue. While the cashier sits there, waiting.

'Rent a cart'???

In my regular supermarket in the US, the cashier puts the groceries in a bag for you. I've seen this method in France too. Leaving you to sort out your payment options. It's very efficient. Gets the customer out of the way quickly. Instead of multitasking with fumbling and bagging. Holding up the queue. While the cashier sits there, waiting.
I've had that happen and I always stop them as they are too slow. But sometimes there is packer as well as the cashier and that's better.

The only other report on this story says nothing about the guy shouting Allah Akbar. He, like this thread, belongs in the rubber room.

Forum List

Back