CDZ Another Question for Gun Owners

even american police need 60 shoots to kill someone, european police need 2 shoots

Well, that is where you are wrong. Requiring extensive background checks DEMONSTRABLY prevented criminals from obtaining automatic weapons in this country. There is verifiable proof of this fact.
Really?
How many NFA transfers have been denied because the applicant was a criminal and unable to legally buy a gun?

Plus, you aren't even considering the system I propose is LESS intrusive than the one we CURRENTLY have. ONE background check every 10 years,
I oppose background checks in toto.
But this is better than the current system.
My CCW permit allows me to skip a background check for as long as the permit is valid.

best joke is if your politicians tell you gun laws don t work.
in every country theres restrictins on gun ownership, theres less gun violance then in the USA, it works

theres no country on earth, so to say no country at all, with more gun viollance then the usa, the usa is NR 1 in gun death, USA NR 1 !!!!! usa is nr 1 in gun violance, the usa is the most dispicaple nation on earth considering gun death

It absolutely is. Transactions between private parties for gun sales are not subject to any regulation whatsoever. And the NRA has rebuffed any attempts to change that.

True they oppose that, but felons are ALREADY not allowed to own firearms and making individuals perform back ground checks would not change that at all., plus how would even hope to enforce such a law?

If anyone knows that by selling their weapon to someone without doing a background check they could face weapons charges, it would be self-enforcing.

That's how laws work. Punishment tends to deter some. It won't catch everyone, but it's a common sense law that could prevent some violence. Unfortunately, the NRA places more value on a buck than they do a life.

It wouldn't prevent shit Gary. I just looked at my local FaceBook yardsale sites and there are right now about 50 AR15s for sale by various owners within a 25 mile radius, and I live in a small town. If just one of those people is willing to sell an AR15 to someone that should not have one, then your proposed law has not prevented ANYONE from obtaining a weapon.

You want sensible background checks? Here you go.

EVERY person in the US who wants the ability to buy a gun, of ANY sort, is required to undergo the same back ground check that is currently required to be able to legally own a fully automatic weapon. To be renewed once every 10 years, with systems in place to put a hold on said right for whatever reason the government deems necessary. For example, if you have the bakground check and then the police respond to a domestic disturbance call at your house then your right to buy is temporarily suspended.

Meanwhile, IF you come in contact with police for ANY reason and are found to have so much as a .38 revolver without the proper background check you get 5 years in prison for each weapon in your possession , regardless of the reason you were confronted by police.

THAT is logical gun control. Putting the onus on sellers is stupid and unenforceable.

And I disagree with that....this already exists....if you are stopped with so much as a .38 as a convicted felon...you go to jail right now....

Licensing gun owners to verify a background check does nothing...felons won't do it, can't do it..........and normal people shouldn't have to...if they use a gun for a crime, you can already arrest them.

Well, that is where you are wrong. Requiring extensive background checks DEMONSTRABLY prevented criminals from obtaining automatic weapons in this country. There is verifiable proof of this fact.

Plus, you aren't even considering the system I propose is LESS intrusive than the one we CURRENTLY have. ONE background check every 10 years, that's it (unless of course you present a reason to suspend your right) after which you can walk right into your local gun shop and buy a fully automatic MP5 if you wish. IF you can't pass the background check then you can't even legally own a small revolver, and just the mere POSSESSION of such is a felony.

Gary and his ilk need to start using common sense on this topic, but so you do and yours 2A. Having a system that instantly identifies to police who has a right to own firearms and who doesn't it logical. Much more logical than running a background check everytime you want to purchase a new gun.

We already have it...you get stopped at a traffic stop, they run your name...if you come up as a felon, and they find a gun in your possession, you go to jail........

theres no country on earth, so to say no country at all, with more gun viollance then the usa, the usa is NR 1 in gun death, USA NR 1 !!!!! usa is nr 1 in gun violance, the usa is the most dispicaple nation on earth considering gun death

It has nothing to do with our gun ownership....it has to do with our criminals.......French criminals get guns easliy, they just don't murder with them...

Really?
How many NFA transfers have been denied because the applicant was a criminal and unable to legally buy a gun?

Plus, you aren't even considering the system I propose is LESS intrusive than the one we CURRENTLY have. ONE background check every 10 years,
I oppose background checks in toto.
But this is better than the current system.
My CCW permit allows me to skip a background check for as long as the permit is valid.

Right, and I'm fine with the CCW permit signifying the right to buy firearms as long as the FBI background check is utilized.

And why are you opposed to background checks ? Do you oppose voter id laws?

acctually the best sniper on earth is an englishmen, proved it by killing someone at 2400 meters.

don t know if that was morraly good, but it was the best sniper kill ever. and an englishmen

And why are you opposed to background checks ? Do you oppose voter id laws?
Background checks are a restraint on the exercise of a right, absent any probable cause or reasonable suspicion; in that, they are no different than a policeman, without cause, stopping you on the sidewalk, restraining you, and running your ID, just in case you're breaking the law.

Right, and I'm fine with the CCW permit signifying the right to buy firearms as long as the FBI background check is utilized.
In Ohio, the check for a CCW is more exhaustive than the NICS check.

Last edited:
ok im german.
in germany semiautomatik or automatik weapos are banned.

a german can only have a rifle that is manual loaded from a 3 load. a semiautomatic hand gund is only allowed for sport shooting. you are not allowed to stand your ground, if your in danger you goto run, if your persued you may shoot.
yes your allowed to defend yourself, but your not allowed to commit murder
Yeah. Sorry dude. Move here -- we respect freedom.

I mean, notwithstanding we have more people in prison than any other country on earth, including China and India COMBINED.

ok im german.
in germany semiautomatik or automatik weapos are banned.

a german can only have a rifle that is manual loaded from a 3 load. a semiautomatic hand gund is only allowed for sport shooting. you are not allowed to stand your ground, if your in danger you goto run, if your persued you may shoot.
yes your allowed to defend yourself, but your not allowed to commit murder
Yeah. Sorry dude. Move here -- we respect freedom.
I mean, notwithstanding we have more people in prison than any other country on earth, including China and India COMBINED.
You do not have the freedom to commit crime.

Forum List

Back