another refugee from PF

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the thread say catz?

It's mainly about how they are going to do what they want to do, and there won't be any explanations.

What I don't think they get is that the mods over here rarely act. So, there's far less complaining because there is nothing to complain about. And when I have seen Gunny act, I've agreed with his actions. There is a lot of complaining on PF because the mods appear secretive, controlling, and inconsistent in their application of the TOS.

Okay, so I read that thread about permabannings? It's amazing to me how shrill Chesty has gotten, and how fascist EPV has become. Damn.

I don't call her Chesty, seeing as some may regard it as a compliment. I'm sure Stern and Bubba the Love Sponge have encountered many a man with a fetish for milk-swollen tits.

Chubby05 works so much better. ;)

It's mainly about how they are going to do what they want to do, and there won't be any explanations.

What I don't think they get is that the mods over here rarely act. So, there's far less complaining because there is nothing to complain about. And when I have seen Gunny act, I've agreed with his actions. There is a lot of complaining on PF because the mods appear secretive, controlling, and inconsistent in their application of the TOS.

It's all the difference between openly identifying yourself as a "tyrannical Nazi admin" and pretending that you'll accept rational criticism of moderation actions or policies, and then harshly rebuking and censoring it when it comes.

Yup. That's where I went toe to toe with them. This board is well run.

What can I say, Stekim is my internet soulmate. We've been digital friends for years.

Isn't it simply astounding how close we can grow to people we'll likely never meet in person?

I've made an awful lot of digital friends over the years.

Even people who I argued with for years I feel a sense of closeness to in many cases.

Digital friends sounds a bit odd. We don't actually touch each other.

Isn't it simply astounding how close we can grow to people we'll likely never meet in person?

I've made an awful lot of digital friends over the years.

Even people who I argued with for years I feel a sense of closeness to in many cases.

Absolutely. It's the magic of the intrawebs.

lol. Chubby05 apparently doesn't like what my sock puppet said about her pregnancy pounds.

Chubby05.png

The board rules treat the users like children...banning personal attacks, censoring specific words. It's retarded. What I like about this forum is that the mods rarely have to act because their rules are logical and sensible, and expect users to be adults. Read the TOS here, and you'll see what I mean.

As far as having influence, people like Stekim, Joker and I had next to NO influence. Senax is a pompous ass who insults people, and then edits them in the same breath for returning the favor. 12th man clearly plays favorites with users (like Billy the Bob and Duh) based on their political persuasions. It's blatant.

I really like and respect Java, Metro, and Volvo. The rest are basically worthless, and Chesby and EPV have fallen into the same mode of ABNS, who in my opinion is a small little man with a huge napoleon complex.
The rules over there are fine. They do help ensure technically sanitary logical discussions and help strengthen the quality of debate...in theory. It is just that over the past year, the mods have progressively and noticeably become more authoritarian, less personable, and the transparency that has been the pride of PF has become corrupted and washed away.

The rules over there are fine. They do help ensure technically sanitary logical discussions and help strengthen the quality of debate...in theory. It is just that over the past year, the mods have progressively and noticeably become more authoritarian, less personable, and the transparency that has been the pride of PF has become corrupted and washed away.

Then perhaps you should spend your time there instead of here. :razz:

I agree. It's interesting to me the allegations that started being made about me as soon as I didn't immediately fall into lock step with the new regime. Now, the claim is being made that I left because they told the "truth"
that I was going to be kicked off the mod squad. Patently false, and they've never provided a shred of proof to substantiate that claim.

In actuality, I left because I got tired of the hypocrisy. I watched Senax insult other users while infracting them for returning his insults, and called him out on it on the mod board. I watched 12thMan reverse a (very fair) infraction that ABNS had given Billybob, because she liked him, and then cover up what she'd done.

There was a clear expectation that the mods would cover for the other mods, even if the other mod had broken the rules. I think that's bullshit. If anything, having more power in a situation like that requires you to live ABOVE the rules.

I never had a vendetta against users when I modded. Even Sunni Man or Just a Bubba would tell you that I was fair and impartial, and we almost never agreed on anything. I did make fun of people in edits, but that's preferable to being infracted and/or banned for most people. I could have infracted Sky a dozen times, and never did. I let people insult me, and didn't retaliate.

Ah, fuck em. That's why I left. Because it stopped being fun, and started being about having to defend my character against attacks from people who don't have the ethics of pond scum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back