Another Responsible Gun Owner: Houston Massacre

[MENTION][/MENTION]
As someone who used to carry a duty piece I advise people to get rid of their weapons. It puts our minds into a constant state of hyper-vigilance where we're assessing every stranger as threat or no threat. And that's no way to live. Should be viewing strangers as potential friends, not potential threats we have to kill.
Perhaps you shouldn't carry a weapon. I carry one everywhere, I don't think of strangers as potential threats or targets. You really ought to speak for yourself. Getting rid of it would serve no purpose.

There are legit reasons to have access to a weapon, but generally speaking when we do, chances are any occasion to use them was of our own making.
Not if you aren't a hyper vigilant whack job.
I'm not going to spend the next 40+ years of my life thinking of the poor guy I killed for trying to take something of mine.
Easily solved, don't shoot somebody for taking something of yours.
I don't own anything that important and would just as soon offer to show them something from the back instead. :)
The only reason I carry a gun is to stop somebody from taking my life or the life of myloved ones. I have some things that are that important, my life, and the lives of my loved ones.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014, one hundred and thirty two million seven hundred and fifty two thousand nine hundred twenty four* (132,752,924) law abiding American gun owners used their firearms legally, ethically and responsibly.

* approximately.

Or if there is an accident or a suicide in your home with a gun being used. Or if someone gets a hold of your gun and shoots someone. The instance of self defense in a home with a gun is less likely than an accident or a suicide.

you got numbers to back that up?

OMG! I can't believe you asked that. These statistics have been around forever. Have you never been engaged in a gun rights debate? These stats are common knowledge. Technically, in a debate, one is not required to support common knowledge with a source.
I keep my guns behind lock and key, and I have never seen a gun "accidentally" fire. I am also not suicidal. So none of these risks are real for me.

Or if there is an accident or a suicide in your home with a gun being used. Or if someone gets a hold of your gun and shoots someone. The instance of self defense in a home with a gun is less likely than an accident or a suicide.

you got numbers to back that up?

OMG! I can't believe you asked that. These statistics have been around forever. Have you never been engaged in a gun rights debate? These stats are common knowledge. Technically, in a debate, one is not required to support common knowledge with a source.

If you are referencing the Kellerman study, then that one has already been debunked so many times it isn't even funny.

So, your answer is "No"

[youtube]7_HJkCdSyfE[/youtube]

Hey Geaux......put a Trueglo red dot on my Saiga. Its sIcK!!!! Not a co-witness set-up but I prefer that in case the battery goes dead, still got the irons. Target acquisition so much quicker for a guy like me with the eyes of Mr Magoo. Brought me to putting 8-9 out of 10 in the definite kill zone......with irons it was 2-3!! WINNING. Gotta connect and hit a range one day bro.......:badgrin::badgrin:

No doubt. My AIMPOINT PRO is co-witness on my DDM4. No irons for B/U cause I took them off. Battery in the PRO is advertised to be 3 years of use, and that's leaving it on. What's cool is you don't have to flip the cover to get on with business. The red dot is visible through it . Great tool for working in the rain or sloshing through the swamps. Getting ready to put a doubleer behind that beast :D

Hey skooks, you would really dig my Kimbers.....:banana:

-Geaux

No doubt.....very little experience with pistols. It'd be great. Where the hell are you at Geaux? Im in NewYorkistan......the most hairbrain gun laws in the nation. The NewyorkSafe Act is beyond laughable. I cant even put a muzzle brake on my AK = felony!! Flash suppressor? Not in the Peoples Republic of New York. No scary looking accessories allowed. These fucks even made it illegal for women to carry pepper spray!! Soon enough, they'll ban glass here.

Last edited:
if I were to shoot anybody out would be in self defense.

Again, acceptable risk for majority of Americans

-Geaux

Another thing that is common knowledge: it is NOT THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WHO OWN GUNS. Only about 30-35% of Americans own guns.

-Geaux

Another thing that is common knowledge: it is NOT THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WHO OWN GUNS. Only about 30-35% of Americans own guns.

The risk as minimal as it is is wellworth it for me, the risk I take driving every day is far far greater.

-Geaux

The number of people who exercise a right is inconsequential to the existence of said right. I have never invoked my right to a jury trial, nor my 4th amendment right against search without a warrant. However just like my 2nd amendment rights, I have no desire to give up either of them.

The risk as minimal as it is is wellworth it for me, the risk I take driving every day is far far greater.

Not true. Gun deaths in America are quickly becoming as common as automobile deaths.

Is that why the gun death rate goes down year after year, as more people buy guns and the population increases as well? Or was this just another liberal attempt at falsification for the agenda? Sort of like claiming the perp in Houston is a white guy?

Do liberals have an honest bone in their body? I think not. It's part of what makes them liberals today

BREAKING NEWS!!!

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014, one hundred and thirty two million seven hundred and fifty two thousand nine hundred twenty four* (132,752,924) law abiding American gun owners used their firearms legally, ethically and responsibly.

* approximately.

Way better than automobile owners will do. Knife owners even

"Every 53 minutes on average, someone is killed in a drunk driving crash" MADD - About Drunk Driving

"...about three percent of drivers at any particular time are legally impaired." Center for Problem-Oriented Policing | Problem Guides | Drunk Driving

Hundreds of threads to restrict guns, zero on alcohol.

Yet alcohol is MUCH more deadly, and not constitutionally protected.

One might conclude that the folks posting these threads are really not at all interested in saving lives, but only using these reports as a tool to propel their agenda... getting rid of guns.

Last edited:
Guns save countless lives.

We have a mental health problem in this country and the idiot left is calling it a gun problem. Until we can get those brain dead people to see the truth, there will be death and violence in this country. Unfortunately, lefties will never ever admit to the truth. They don't care how many die.

Not true. Gun deaths in America are quickly becoming as common as automobile deaths.
Not even close. Since 1899 5,140,000 people have died in traffic. The number of American deathsin all wars combined doesn't even make a third of that.

Sorry, nothing touches traffic

Is that why the gun death rate goes down year after year, as more people buy guns and the population increases as well? Or was this just another liberal attempt at falsification for the agenda? Sort of like claiming the perp in Houston is a white guy?

Do liberals have an honest bone in their body? I think not. It's part of what makes them liberals today

Esmerelda is so panicked by the thought of a gun, it has ruined her ability to think.

Forum List

Back