Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

Tragedies like this are hard to bear. The thought of losing young kids to a madman is so vile and shocking that no one can really wrap their mind around it.

From what I gather this is a domestic possibly a child custody dispute that has gone horribly wrong.

Our forefathers knew that tragedies could occur from time to time involving guns. The second amendment is number two right behind free speach and freedom of the press because they felt so strongly about it.

This is clearly the worst massacre of this nature. There will be others sometime down the line. It is one of the terrible costs of citizens having weapons. Those of us that believe in the 2nd amendment are grieving no less than those that oppose it.

You of faith should just pray for the souls of the lost and wounded and I will continue my faith in the constitution of this country.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

One of the best posts today,
Thank you.

Not sure if this is all factual but:

It is being reported the now dead gunman is in his 20s, was buzzed in, was wearing camo pants and was heard arguing with someone before he started walking from classroom to classroom shooting. Reports are an entire kindergarten class was gunned down.

What a sad tragedy...

I hate to jump to conclusions, but I wonder if this guy was a gamer (played those violent shooting games).
I have never liked those games..

Just a thought.

My prayers go out to the people involved. That goes out to police and medical personnel as well.
That has got to be the toughest crime scene to work.
I couldn't do it.

For those who are reading this and believe in the power of prayer please pray for these children, the adults and all those working this horror.

The trauma, both physical and emotional, will affect these people for years to come.

These are such very little children. I have tears in my eyes. This is not suppose to happen to our children.

Tragedies like this are hard to bear. The thought of losing young kids to a madman is so vile and shocking that no one can really wrap their mind around it.

From what I gather this is a domestic possibly a child custody dispute that has gone horribly wrong.

Our forefathers knew that tragedies could occur from time to time involving guns. The second amendment is number two right behind free speach and freedom of the press because they felt so strongly about it.

This is clearly the worst massacre of this nature. There will be others sometime down the line. It is one of the terrible costs of citizens having weapons. Those of us that believe in the 2nd amendment are grieving no less than those that oppose it.

You of faith should just pray for the souls of the lost and wounded and I will continue my faith in the constitution of this country.

Thank you sir. Much appreciate your words. I am in prayer and my faith in our US Constitution is strong.

The much needed discussion on gun-control.

Yes?

They aren't decreasing, their increasing. In both frequency and verocity.

An elementary school...that's a new low.

And BTW, the answer ain't arm everyone...we're not going back to the cowboy days of the wild, wild West.

Bullshit.

{Last week, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) announced that violent crime decreased 4 percent in 2011. The number of murders, rapes, robberies and aggravated assaults all went down, continuing a pattern.

“This is not a one-year anomaly, but a steady decline in the FBI’s violent-crime rates,” said Andrew Arulanandam, spokesman for the National Rifle Association. “It would be disingenuous for anyone to not credit increased self-defense laws to account for this decline.”}
MILLER: Gun ownership up, crime down - Washington Times

You communists are such fucking liars.

Motor vehicle 4,550 46.2%

If motor vehicles are a leading cause of death, maybe we should pass laws requiring licensing, making cars safer, banning people from driving, making roads safer....Wait, we are already doing that

But try to make gun violence less likely and you are not a real American

If you make it so anyone not a felon or a mental case (proven
0 can walk into a DMV after the age of 18 and get a gun liscence, and be able to carry one on the street I would be all for it.
there are laws on the book which can revoke or suspend drivers licenses for many reasons. they vary by state since states issue license.

this is for GA

- Homicide by vehicle.
- Any felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle is used.
- Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
- Fraudulent application for a license or fictitious use of a license.
- Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident.
- Racing.
- Operating a motor vehicle with a revoked, canceled, or suspended registration.
- Felony forgery relating to an Identification document.

- Refusal to take a chemical test in conjunction with an arrest for DUI.
- Conviction for driving without insurance.
-- If convicted for driving while license is suspended, the customer's driver's license will be further suspended for six months.
- Failure to appear in court or respond to a traffic citation, your license may be suspended indefinitely.
- Any violation of the Georgia Control Substance Act.
- DDS is authorized to suspend your license if its records or other evidence shows that you have accumulated 15 - points within 24 months under the point system, including violations committed out of state. Select for information on Points and Points Reduction.
- A conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

are you saying we should have similar laws for guns?

Considering the right to a drivers liscense is not in the consitution, no. But we already ban felons from having guns. Alot of states also impose bans for violent misdemenors and domestic violence cases.

There is nothing to be done. Lets just say a prayer and wait for the next massacre

That, or prepare yourself. Your call.

Right...baby steps. You'll get there.

Nope, just a firearm. Not all weapons are firearms.

to blow the brains out of a Kindergartner

Not over the top at all...:doubt:

Relax

You have won. Nobody is going to take your guns. This is America

You are free to have the weapon of your choice to shoot Congresswomen, Movie Theaters, Malls at Christmas and Kindergarten classrooms

You left out criminals breaking into your home.

You need to really become a REAL person and stop with all of your ideology and partisan bull right now.

Is America willing to turn the safety of its children over to common union thugs? What some are suggesting is arming union thugs. As I remember my fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Wagner, and her rules, I don't want to arm teachers. Mrs. Wagner didn't tolerate nonsense and now to give teachers like her, a common union thug, a gun, is creating worse conditions. I'd take my chances with the campus intruder. Union thugs should not have guns.

Why are you such a bitch? Such hate in your life. Must suck to be so despicable

You politicized a tragedy, you're a sick fuck.

I haven't politicized anything you twit. My thread is the same as Marcs. Its an open discussion of current events. And my wish for Obama to visit was earnest. They need to know the nation is with them and his presence would achieve that.

Meanwhile YOU continue to be a hateful spineless bitch.
I'd neg you again, for lying this time, if I could.

Thank you.

What a sad tragedy...

I hate to jump to conclusions, but I wonder if this guy was a gamer (played those violent shooting games).
I have never liked those games..

Just a thought.

My prayers go out to the people involved. That goes out to police and medical personnel as well.
That has got to be the toughest crime scene to work.
I couldn't do it.

For those who are reading this and believe in the power of prayer please pray for these children, the adults and all those working this horror.

The trauma, both physical and emotional, will affect these people for years to come.

These are such very little children. I have tears in my eyes. This is not suppose to happen to our children.

Thank you.

It just hurts. No matter how often I see or hear about violence and death it never stops hurting my heart. When children are involved I ache deeply. I try not to let this world make me hard or callous. Not always easy but important to me personally.

Yes?

And BTW, the answer ain't arm everyone...we're not going back to the cowboy days of the wild, wild West.

Nope... No need to infringe upon Law abiding citizens Freedoms just because you get emotional over someone who stole another person's gun, and snapped.

Yes?

Nor is it to disarm law abiding citizens either.
Who's saying this or even advocating it?

Ah, yes. The typical LOLberal knee jerk to having a shooting take place in victim zones.

Tell us more of how criminals who weild fire arms will obey the law? And how disarming the people will lead to less acts of gun violence by criminals who do not obey the law. Tell us all about it.
Talk about knee jerk when you knee jerk react in a frenzy about someone taking your gunz away.

Get a grip crazy!...seriously.

Gun worship from the right is doing this
Bingo!

America has a serious problem w/gun-culture.

Yes?

Behold this RW nutjob's knee-jerk reaction...
NLT said:
Hi, you have received -396 reputation points from NLT.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Try to take away my guns Malcom

Regards,
NLT

Note: This is an automated message.
*SMH*

Anyone that has lost a loved one and especially a younger sibling or child to violence knows full well how this brings back the entire horrific trauma of the act.
The healing process for all of those that lost a child/loved one will take a long time.
My heart and prayers do go out to all involved.

Thank you.

Thank you.

It just hurts. No matter how often I see or hear about violence and death it never stops hurting my heart. When children are involved I ache deeply. I try not to let this world make me hard or callous. Not always easy but important to me personally.

Someone buzzed him in. He was in full combat gear and armed and someone buzzed him in? that's unbelievable.

Forum List

Back