Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

The much needed discussion on gun-control.

Yes?

They aren't decreasing, their increasing. In both frequency and verocity.

An elementary school...that's a new low.

And BTW, the answer ain't arm everyone...we're not going back to the cowboy days of the wild, wild West.

Nor is it to disarm law abiding citizens either.
Who's saying this or even advocating it?

Ah, yes. The typical LOLberal knee jerk to having a shooting take place in victim zones.

Tell us more of how criminals who weild fire arms will obey the law? And how disarming the people will lead to less acts of gun violence by criminals who do not obey the law. Tell us all about it.
Talk about knee jerk when you knee jerk react in a frenzy about someone taking your gunz away.

Get a grip crazy!...seriously.

Gun worship from the right is doing this
Bingo!

America has a serious problem w/gun-culture

Bingo! Another partisan hack confirmed! Double-Bingo!:clap2: This wasn't about Marcal caring about the kids. His agenda was to make it a rightwing issue in a negative way.

Last edited:
The much needed discussion on gun-control.

Yes?

They aren't decreasing, their increasing. In both frequency and verocity.

An elementary school...that's a new low.

And BTW, the answer ain't arm everyone...we're not going back to the cowboy days of the wild, wild West.

We will all shudder and say how bad it is.

But we are not even allowed to discuss gun violence in this country. It almost cost Bob Costas his job for even mentioning it. We have accepted unrestricted access to guns in this country. There are 270 million in circulation

We will just accept this shooting like we accept all others and wait till the next one

Then we will just shrug our shoulders again

Unrestricted access? Lie much? There are THOUSANDS of laws on the books detailing who can and can not buy firearms, to include waiting periods and restrictions. As well as laws on what punishment will be meted out for those that use them. All more laws do is restricted law abiding citizens from their rights as protected by the second amendment.

We have 270 million guns in circulation. Almost one for every American. That is pretty good access

God forbid, we do not want to restrict law abiding citizens from access to guns. Putting up with an occasional massacre is a small price to pay

A person who is willing to give up liberty for security, deserves neither liberty or security. End discussion.

puleeze... you don't care about liberty when it comes to women, gays or latinos.

who do you think you're kidding?
another example of the hypocrisy of the conservative party.

Nope, another example of the lying left, prove where I've made a hypocritical statement. Come on, I'll wait.

Perhaps it will prompt a much-needed discussion about mental health in this country, as the issue isn’t guns or their availability.

As with other medical issues, if detected and treated early, mental disorders can be managed in a manner as not to manifest in acts of violence.

Comrade, is failure to swear an oath of unquestioning loyalty to our Dear Leader, Barack Obama, a sign of mental illness, that should result in confinement?

There is also the very difficult issue – in that Americans don’t like to talk about it or even acknowledge it – of the basic nature of American culture; where we perceive violence as a legitimate means of conflict resolution.

But you find mental "hospitals" very useful, don't you? Particularly those which involve hard labor for the "patients?"

However we address the issue, simply ‘banning’ guns, or placing greater restrictions on guns will succeed in only diminishing our civil liberties and allowing the violence to continue.

If you don't ban the guns, then those who are so mentally ill that they oppose the glorious peoples party might resist!

We understand where you're coming from.

Every DAY nearly a HUNDRED americans are killed on the highways by speeders and drunk drivers and texting drivers but neither the liberals nor the media ever talk about that. Until they do everyone will know that all this talk about outlawing guns is just about taking away our liberties and strengthening govt.

But we are not even allowed to discuss gun violence in this country. It almost cost Bob Costas his job for even mentioning it. We have accepted unrestricted access to guns in this country. There are 270 million in circulation

We will just accept this shooting like we accept all others and wait till the next one

Unrestricted access? Lie much? There are THOUSANDS of laws on the books detailing who can and can not buy firearms, to include waiting periods and restrictions. As well as laws on what punishment will be meted out for those that use them. All more laws do is restricted law abiding citizens from their rights as protected by the second amendment.

We have 270 million guns in circulation. Almost one for every American. That is pretty good access

God forbid, we do not want to restrict law abiding citizens from access to guns. Putting up with an occasional massacre is a small price to pay

We put up with you here and that's a big price to pay. Hey marcal wipe rightwingers shit off your nose and get a clue.

Cliche...but still pertinent...Guns don't kill, people do.

Ravi, Synth....where are your condemnations of marcs thread?

Could it be that you two are nothing more than hacks of opportunity?

I suspect so

Yup... Just like the more frequent deadly car crashes we put up with as a tragic byproduct of moving people around in cars. Difference is driving isn't a Right... Guns are.

They identified the shooter. He allegedly killed both his parents. Father at home, mother at the school where she worked. 223-caliber rifle was one of the weapons used.

Name: Ryan Lanza

Last edited:
You politicized a tragedy, you're a sick fuck.

I haven't politicized anything you twit. My thread is the same as Marcs. Its an open discussion of current events. And my wish for Obama to visit was earnest. They need to know the nation is with them and his presence would achieve that.

Meanwhile YOU continue to be a hateful spineless bitch.
I'd neg you again, for lying this time, if I could.

I believe you would. You had no sensible reason to do it the first time so why not do it again.....

Idiot

Yup... Just like the more frequent deadly car crashes we put up with as a tragic byproduct of moving people around in cars. Difference is driving isn't a Right... Guns are.

We should ground all aircraft since sometimes they crash. Even into populated neighborhoods sometimes. It's for the good of all who "MIGHT" fly or are on the ground.

:eusa_eh:

Not sure if this is all factual but:

It is being reported the now dead gunman is in his 20s, was buzzed in, was wearing camo pants and was heard arguing with someone before he started walking from classroom to classroom shooting. Reports are an entire kindergarten class was gunned down.

24 and a parent, had a vest on as well.

Wonder if an armed officer could have even taken him out, much less a kindergarten teacher.

This is getting more horrible by the minute.

I tried to get thru an entire news report w/o tearing up & can't do it.

This sucks!

i want to know how he got through the door with out setting off any alarms in peoples heads.

Well he could of had a dufflebag with the stuff inside. Went into the bathroom and changed in there.

Regardless a simple medal detector would have solved this. Well that and a separate room with another door that needs to be buzzed in order to get through.

24 and a parent, had a vest on as well.

Wonder if an armed officer could have even taken him out, much less a kindergarten teacher.

This is getting more horrible by the minute.

I tried to get thru an entire news report w/o tearing up & can't do it.

This sucks!

i want to know how he got through the door with out setting off any alarms in peoples heads.

Well he could of had a dufflebag with the stuff inside. Went into the bathroom and changed in there.

Regardless a simple medal detector would have solved this. Well that and a separate room with another door that needs to be buzzed in order to get through.

Oh, cut with the Nanny State crap... Do you really believe the answer is metal detectors on every doorway? Fucking ridiculous.

We live in a society that's like a pressure cooker. Some people go off the deep end. More gun laws won't help. All of the gun owners I've ever known are responsible. Arm teachers?
That'll work until a teacher goes in and starts shooting up the school.

Invest in education and mental health, meaning research and also counseling which of course costs money.

Forum List

Back