Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

It is easy enough to train an adult in firearm use, safety and target practice

Taking that teacher and pointing them at a crazed, armed to the teeth gunman and saying.....go get him ...is a different story

If an armed guard or policeman came upon that scene and lacked proper weapons and body armor, they would have been advised to wait for backup

Yet you want to send a teacher into the fray
Okay, we should just let them be shot with no recourse whatsoever. Cool. :thup:

You are asking a teacher to do single handedly what a SWAT team takes years of training to accomplish

Its better than the teacher being only able to cover the children with their own bodies, genius. /sarc

What does it say when you can't trust your child's teacher with a firearm, but you can trust him with your child?? If I can't trust him with a gun, I damn sure can't trust him with my kid.

I think it's a matter of what you trust him to do by his training.

He's trustworthy to be with children because to become a teacher, he had to go to school for at least 6 years learning how to teach a subject and handle children.

He's not a trained soldier or policeman. So I'd be a little more worried with him with a gun, and frankly, if we are going to make "basic marksmanship" a part of teacher training, then we really do have too many guns in this country.

No one needs to get a 4 year degree to shoot a fucking gun, dumbass liar.

Taking that teacher and pointing them at a crazed, armed to the teeth gunman and saying.....go get him ...is a different story

If an armed guard or policeman came upon that scene and lacked proper weapons and body armor, they would have been advised to wait for backup

Okay, we should just let them be shot with no recourse whatsoever. Cool. :thup:

You are asking a teacher to do single handedly what a SWAT team takes years of training to accomplish
That is incorrect. Resource officers which are police officers who are assigned to schools are not trained in swat tactics or combat training. I wished you asshole gun grabbers would stop with the knee jerk reaction.

What does it say when you can't trust your child's teacher with a firearm, but you can trust him with your child?? If I can't trust him with a gun, I damn sure can't trust him with my kid.

I think it's a matter of what you trust him to do by his training.

He's trustworthy to be with children because to become a teacher, he had to go to school for at least 6 years learning how to teach a subject and handle children.

He's not a trained soldier or policeman. So I'd be a little more worried with him with a gun, and frankly, if we are going to make "basic marksmanship" a part of teacher training, then we really do have too many guns in this country.

No one needs to get a 4 year degree to shoot a fucking gun, dumbass liar.

Any retard can fire a gun

That is why we have so many murders

Until the right wing comes up with THEIR plan to keep guns out of the hands of people like Lanza and Holmes, at least the left is coming to the table WITH a plan.

What plan? Gun control has failed miserably.

You don't have gun control, so how do you know if it has failed?

Connecticut has some of the toughest gun control laws of any state.
Gun control does not work.

Until the right wing comes up with THEIR plan to keep guns out of the hands of people like Lanza and Holmes, at least the left is coming to the table WITH a plan.

What plan? Gun control has failed miserably.

You don't have gun control, so how do you know if it has failed?

Connecticut has some of the toughest gun control laws of any state.
Gun control does not work.

Neither does armed mothers

I love it how now everything is broken down to us versus them right wing versus left wing.
To avoid addressing the real issues which are not guns.
I am pro women's rights, pro gay rights, pro gay marriage, against the wars, want to close obsolete military bases and am pro choice for women.
But when it comes to gun rights I am labeled a right wing conservative.
The liberal talks a MEAN game about diversity as long as it is how folks look and act ONLY.
They are opposed to diversity of thought and ideas. If those differ in any way other than their certain set of talking points on any issue they disagree with you on you are immediately labeled either a racist, homophobe, woman hater, senior hater and now a child hater.

Drugs are illegal.
Name a state where drugs can not be easily obtained.
Ditto for guns.
And where in The Constitution does it state one has a right to obtain an do illegal drugs?

Sure is easy isn't it? With teachers, it would be one shot, one kill

Once we arm our teachers, what happens when:

- A teacher overreacts to a threat from a student and shoots him dead
- A teacher turns a hostage situation into a killing zone
- Students find a teachers gun when it is momentarily unattended and kills another student
- A teacher misinterprets an intruder and shoots him dead
- A teacher who is poorly trained in confronting a deranged killer is needlessly killed for the effort?

Professional law enforcement deals with these challenges every day and make wrong decisions......How can we expect those who went to school to educate small children make better decisions in a life or death situation?
I totally agree. Let the mentally ill come in and mow everyone down unimpeded instead. That's a far better option.

It is the NRA who protects the rights of the mentally ill to purchase the weapons of their choice
I wouldn't know. I resigned my membership when they endorsed Romney.

Anyway, Gun Owners of America is far superior.

I trust teachers to educate my children and prepare them for life. I don't trust untrained individuals with guns around my children.
I guess you missed the part where I said we should train them.

The killings aren't due to guns. They're due to psycos. The guns were merely the method. Would you prefer IED's or knives or what?

Then why do you want psychos to be able to get guns.

It would seem to me if you aren't a psycho, you shouldn't have to worry about background checks, screenings and licensing.
It's because of liberals like you, that the good guy's have to worry about background checks an licensing and such now, meanwhile the physco's are not worrying about those sorts of things at all, because they are not so physco that they can't figure how to get guns illegally (steal them), and then kill with them, then they go back to being physco after the damage is done. Now due to me as a good guy not getting that liscense that day maybe, well I couldn't be there to save your behind, but the bad guy was there killing everyone in sight, yet meanwhile I am still standing in line at the liscensing dept. tapping my foot.

Then here you all come to defend the physcotic condition (if they somehow live through it all), where you all start convincing everyone that they are just troubled a bit, and they can be reformed with the latest and greatest drugs while living back home and free.

So teachers are trustworthy enough to be left with children, but not trustworthy enough to handle a firearm. But we trust an eighteen-year-old soldier with only weeks of training with an "assault weapon," but a person has to have a four-year degree and certification to be trusted with kids.

Got it.

You think of teachers as dog's (GO SIC"EM BOY)???????

You would be surprised how well and heroic someone can act in a situation, and if had a gun and the proper traning also, it would be just icing on the cake for them, but not for the killer.... I would rather them use a weapon to defend the children (if were the case), than their gun riddled bodies in which were absolutely non-effective in such a situation.

I trust teachers to educate my children and prepare them for life. I don't trust untrained individuals with guns around my children.

Training to face an armed attacker takes years. Having the fortitude to go head to head with an assassin is not evident in most teachers. They are teachers for a reason. If they had the aptitude to take on an armed assassin they would be in law enforcement, not education

Training to face an armed attacker takes years. Having the fortitude to go head to head with an assassin is not evident in most teachers. They are teachers for a reason. If they had the aptitude to take on an armed assassin they would be in law enforcement, not education
So allowing them the opportunity to carry a tool that may save their lives or the lives of their students is completely out of the question for all teachers everywhere. Letting crazies come in and blow away entire classrooms unimpeded is definitely the better option.

The killings aren't due to guns. They're due to psycos. The guns were merely the method. Would you prefer IED's or knives or what?

Then why do you want psychos to be able to get guns.

It would seem to me if you aren't a psycho, you shouldn't have to worry about background checks, screenings and licensing.
It's because of liberals like you, that the good guy's have to worry about background checks an licensing and such now, meanwhile the physco's are not worrying about those sorts of things at all, because they are not so physco that they can't figure how to get guns illegally (steal them), and then kill with them, then they go back to being physco after the damage is done. Now due to me as a good guy not getting that liscense that day maybe, well I couldn't be there to save your behind, but the bad guy was there killing everyone in sight, yet meanwhile I am still standing in line at the liscensing dept. tapping my foot.

Then here you all come to defend the physcotic condition (if they somehow live through it all), where you all start convincing everyone that they are just troubled a bit, and they can be reformed with the latest and greatest drugs while living back home and free.

Where do psychos get their guns? They are unable to pass the background checks required in gun shops. Thankfully, we have a fully functioning secondary market where checks are not required. Thankfully, we have the NRA protecting that secondary market

You belittle woman to push an agenda?
Why do you hate women so much?
I thought that was one of the democrats platform women are equal with men. I now can see it's just a bunch of bullshit
I would never belittle a woman with a gun. That's just a bad idea from the get-go.

You are saying that, since a teacher is not a SWAT officer, s/he won't be of any use in any situation whatsoever and should simply settle for being gunned down like a rabid dog?

I am asking a teacher to do no more than a trained SWAT team would do. Individual SWAT members do not run in armed with a handgun, without armor and without backup. Yet idiot gun nut fantasies expect a freaking first grade teacher to do it
we should mandate that all children wear body armor as part of their school uniform now. i mean, its a perfectly good solution.....
If liberals keep blocking the good and proper solutions, then we may have to just go with this idiotic leftist thought of solution, now can anyone say their favorite word > (compromise) ????

Focusing on the real problem would do this thread justice, and that is to focus on what is going on with mental disorders or problem teens such as this who had just turned twenty, and how we need to now get pro-active on resolving these super important issues in this nation, especially where this has been ignored now by this nation, along with the underfunding of the mental health organization for way to long now. The health organizations in some states are to afraid to even talk about it much, because they know what has gone down in it all.

We knew liberals were sort of crazy back in the day, but it has all come to fruition now, yet they spin and spin and spin everything to the point of nothing getting resolved properly, and this until the next round of traggedies occurs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back