Another school shooting....time to arm the teachers?

A lone police officer without body armor would be advised to wait for backup. Yet, in the mythical world of gun nuts, they expect teachers to take on gunmen single handedly.

Hey, John McClain did it in Die Hard
Yes, so since nobody could ever return fire, we might as well just teach the kids to sit still and wait their turn to be shot.

Sure is easy isn't it? With teachers, it would be one shot, one kill

Once we arm our teachers, what happens when:

- A teacher overreacts to a threat from a student and shoots him dead
- A teacher turns a hostage situation into a killing zone
- Students find a teachers gun when it is momentarily unattended and kills another student
- A teacher misinterprets an intruder and shoots him dead
- A teacher who is poorly trained in confronting a deranged killer is needlessly killed for the effort?

Professional law enforcement deals with these challenges every day and make wrong decisions......How can we expect those who went to school to educate small children make better decisions in a life or death situation?
I totally agree. Let the mentally ill come in and mow everyone down unimpeded instead. That's a far better option.

What does it say when you can't trust your child's teacher with a firearm, but you can trust him with your child?? If I can't trust him with a gun, I damn sure can't trust him with my kid.

Yes, so since nobody could ever return fire, we might as well just teach the kids to sit still and wait their turn to be shot.

Sure is easy isn't it? With teachers, it would be one shot, one kill

Once we arm our teachers, what happens when:

- A teacher overreacts to a threat from a student and shoots him dead
- A teacher turns a hostage situation into a killing zone
- Students find a teachers gun when it is momentarily unattended and kills another student
- A teacher misinterprets an intruder and shoots him dead
- A teacher who is poorly trained in confronting a deranged killer is needlessly killed for the effort?

Professional law enforcement deals with these challenges every day and make wrong decisions......How can we expect those who went to school to educate small children make better decisions in a life or death situation?
I totally agree. Let the mentally ill come in and mow everyone down unimpeded instead. That's a far better option.

It is the NRA who protects the rights of the mentally ill to purchase the weapons of their choice

What does it say when you can't trust your child's teacher with a firearm, but you can trust him with your child?? If I can't trust him with a gun, I damn sure can't trust him with my kid.

I trust teachers to educate my children and prepare them for life. I don't trust untrained individuals with guns around my children.

Sign The Arm The Teachers Petition! 7,269 signed so far.

The state of Utah has always allowed teachers to carry guns in class & has never had an incident. Why can't we all have that?

Sandy-Hook-Elementary-School-Shooting-Arm-The-Teachers.jpg

Last edited:

I think it's a matter of what you trust him to do by his training.

He's trustworthy to be with children because to become a teacher, he had to go to school for at least 6 years learning how to teach a subject and handle children.

He's not a trained soldier or policeman. So I'd be a little more worried with him with a gun, and frankly, if we are going to make "basic marksmanship" a part of teacher training, then we really do have too many guns in this country.

Until the right wing comes up with THEIR plan to keep guns out of the hands of people like Lanza and Holmes, at least the left is coming to the table WITH a plan.

[I]What plan? Gun control has failed miserably.[/I]

Last edited:

He's trustworthy to be with children because to become a teacher, he had to go to school for at least 6 years learning how to teach a subject and handle children.

He's not a trained soldier or policeman. So I'd be a little more worried with him with a gun, and frankly, if we are going to make "basic marksmanship" a part of teacher training, then we really do have too many guns in this country.

So you believe if we have too many guns in this country, the best idea is to make damn sure the schools can't protect the kids sitting there, like fish in a barrel?

Good plan, if your plan is to depopulate the earth.

Wait....

Getting a CCW license in my state requires basic marksmanship & much more to get a CCW license. Many teachers already have those license & could carry in class tomorrow if they were allowed to. Sign The Arm The Teachers Petition! 7,269 signed so far.

Until the right wing comes up with THEIR plan to keep guns out of the hands of people like Lanza and Holmes, at least the left is coming to the table WITH a plan.

What plan? Gun control has failed miserably.

You don't have gun control, so how do you know if it has failed?

What plan? Gun control has failed miserably.

I'm sorry, when was it ever tried? In the US.

It was done in other industrialized countries and has been an Awesome success, but since you don't want to count the foreigners...

[I]What plan? Gun control has failed miserably.[/I]

270 million guns in our country has failed miserably

So I'd be a little more worried with him with a gun, and frankly, if we are going to make "basic marksmanship" a part of teacher training, then we really do have too many guns in this country.

Bullshit. What does he/she learn that is more important than how to keep the lives placed in his/her care safe? If the schools can't be trusted to do that they will soon have no pupils to teach and teachers will be out of a job.

Forum List

Back