Another Trump disappointment: Sessions bringing back the War on Some Drug Users

I'm not sure that's true. I believe I've read that alcohol consumption went down after Prohibition was repealed. That makes perfect sense to me. Making something illegal is often the best way to make it popular. We humans! In any case, as with alcohol, the lion's share of the negative impact on society of the prohibition of both alcohol and drugs derives from their illegality.

Marijuana use increases in Colorado, according to new federal survey – The Denver Post

I personally know two people who moved there for their pot laws. And, a count of pot users when pot is legal is bound to catch many who hid it before.

I don't believe that for a minute. When I was younger and smoked pot, I could care less who knew. That would be especially true if they were strangers only taking a survey.

According to their local CBS station, your assumptions are wrong. Here are the stats:

Here are the highlights in just three years since legalization:

• Marijuana-related traffic deaths increased 48 percent.
  • Over 20 percent of all traffic deaths were marijuana related compared to only 10 percent six years ago.
  • Marijuana-related emergency department visits increased 49 percent.
  • Marijuana-related hospitalizations increased 32 percent.
  • Marijuana-related calls to the Rocky Mountain Poison Center increased 100 percent.
  • Diversion of Colorado marijuana to other states increased 37 percent by vehicle and 427 percent by parcels.
  • Colorado youth now rank number one in the nation for marijuana use and 74 percent higher than the national average.
  • Colorado college-age group now rank number one in the nation for marijuana use and 62 percent higher than the national average.
  • Colorado adults now rank number one in the nation for marijuana use and 104 percent higher than the national average.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/08/31/studies-show-results-of-legal-pot-in-colorado/

We don't have such drastic changes because some pot smokers came out of the closet. What we have is (the obvious) more people using pot. So now picture these results nationwide. Now picture the results if we legalized all drugs nationwide. What kind of country would we have?
The study you cite was put out by the Feds and looks suspicious just by virtue of the inconsistency of the years they pick to compare from stat to stat. These guys have been fighting Colorado every step of the way. Moreover, there is this:

"Colorado law enforcement and courts did not track cannabis-impaired driving prior to 2014, the year adult-use cannabis sales began, which means there is no way to compare cannabis DUI occurrence before and after cannabis became legally available to adults. In 2014 and 2015 less than 15% of all DUI citations issued by state troopers involved suspected cannabis use, whether used alone or with other substances, and under 8% involved cannabis alone. Despite legal access to cannabis for adults, the overwhelming majority of impaired driving incidents in Colorado involve alcohol and drugs other than cannabis. The total number of cannabis related DUIs decreased slightly (1.3%) from 2014 to 2015, but more data is needed to determine if the decline will become a trend."

Well CBS news is my source, what's yours? Because according to CBS, they made comparisons to six years ago and found nearly a 50% increase. What your source is saying is that isn't true because they had nothing to compare it to. So I'll side with whatever is the most reputable source.
I just used the link you included in your post and then the link to the study itself, and another link on the CBS affiliates' website.

"Marijuana has always been my vice."

Serious question.
Is there even one single Liberal whom does not have a "vice"?

I don't know, ask a liberal. You really must live a sheltered life. Maybe you've been retired for years and don't really know the magnitude of people smoking, eating or vaping marijuana. You may live in a state that it's not legal in any form and the people who know you that may use know you are the kind of person that would call the police if you knew. I don't know.

NEGATIVE.
I actually live in Southern California...you know, that shithole full of stoners, drug addicts and low-life's.
Many of my friends and acquaintances are stoners and or drunks. I always find myself too busy raising my children, making money, playing golf, fishing on my boat or traveling...I have no time to be controlled by shit...It must be a shitty feeling to have a "vice".
Not really, I have no problem with what I do. I'm not hurting anyone. It must be a shitty feeling to be a judgemental jerk.

Read his thread a few times slowly, it's like he's saying or singing "My wangs bigger than your wang my wangs bigger than yours oh my wang is bigger than your wang because I eat kennel ration my wang is bigger than yours. lol lol lol
Most men that brag of big wangs have tiny weiners

And tiny other things as well.

images

Yea, I never because very active if at a party we all just talked and laughed, if just my wife and I we would listen to music with the tv on and the sound down, or if a good comedy was on watch it. The different strains today are different, hell I was even reading there is one you can function damn near normal and also lose weight.

Here's an idea, if someone over 65 wants to grow their own and do it in the privacy of their home, let them.

I don't care if the law leaves people alone who want to smoke pot, but where it's legal, they have pot shops, television commercials, and coupons in the newspaper and things like that I don't care for. I think pot should be isolated from children and not made so socially acceptable. If they want to smoke pot when they get older, that's their business, but it shouldn't be promoted.
Do you feel the same about alcohol, which is a much more dangerous drug?

No because alcohol is a beverage used in social settings from weddings to bars. People enjoy some of the various brands of alcohol for taste, but nobody using drugs does so for taste. They use drugs for one purpose and one purpose only.

If alcohol was commonly used to get drunk only, then yes, I would feel the same way.
Now that just smacks of Puritanism. Why not just let people pursue happiness the best way they see fit?

I do actually, but pot is ruining our nation.

During the recession, my employer put out an ad for a new driver. He had a hell of a time finding one because he insisted they take a drug test. It's not worth training somebody and then lose them because they smoke pot. It's not that my employer wanted drug tests, but it's the federal law that we must take them.

My father is a retired bricklayer. He did very well for himself financially. Granted, very tough work, but years ago, people would kill to get that job. Today, the union can't find anybody willing to work that can pass a drug test. My father knows this because they send retirees the union news letter, and they were begging their retirees to find younger clean people willing to work.

Working in industry, this is a common story with employers. People would rather stay home and smoke pot than jump at an opportunity to make real money and start a new career. I think that's very sad.
Pot is not ruining our country lol
A lot of NY employers are cutting pot out of the testing process and only testing for the real stuff like coke
Soon pot will be a non issue. Until then, potheads who seek employment stay off it long enough to secure a job.

Yea, I never because very active if at a party we all just talked and laughed, if just my wife and I we would listen to music with the tv on and the sound down, or if a good comedy was on watch it. The different strains today are different, hell I was even reading there is one you can function damn near normal and also lose weight.

Here's an idea, if someone over 65 wants to grow their own and do it in the privacy of their home, let them.

I don't care if the law leaves people alone who want to smoke pot, but where it's legal, they have pot shops, television commercials, and coupons in the newspaper and things like that I don't care for. I think pot should be isolated from children and not made so socially acceptable. If they want to smoke pot when they get older, that's their business, but it shouldn't be promoted.

No because alcohol is a beverage used in social settings from weddings to bars. People enjoy some of the various brands of alcohol for taste, but nobody using drugs does so for taste. They use drugs for one purpose and one purpose only.

If alcohol was commonly used to get drunk only, then yes, I would feel the same way.
Now that just smacks of Puritanism. Why not just let people pursue happiness the best way they see fit?

During the recession, my employer put out an ad for a new driver. He had a hell of a time finding one because he insisted they take a drug test. It's not worth training somebody and then lose them because they smoke pot. It's not that my employer wanted drug tests, but it's the federal law that we must take them.

My father is a retired bricklayer. He did very well for himself financially. Granted, very tough work, but years ago, people would kill to get that job. Today, the union can't find anybody willing to work that can pass a drug test. My father knows this because they send retirees the union news letter, and they were begging their retirees to find younger clean people willing to work.

Working in industry, this is a common story with employers. People would rather stay home and smoke pot than jump at an opportunity to make real money and start a new career. I think that's very sad.
I very rarely smoke pot and would have no problem passing any drug test, but I wouldn't work for a company that required me to turn over my piss to them. It's degrading and an invasion of privacy, in my view.

The real tradgedy occurs when a dope free black guy with a lower test score gets the job and the higher scoring white doper cries foul.

The real tradgedy occurs when a dope free black guy with a lower test score gets the job and the higher scoring white doper cries foul.

When did that ever happen? I didn't know they do toxicology tests on people taking tests.

Well I agree to some extent, the CDL and driving no marijuana user's or hard drug user or alcohol in urine test. There are some profession's that don't need to involved in anything that might alter their minds. But also someone may have smoked a half joint 3 weeks ago and it will show in urine. I remember reading an article last year FBI was also having a hard time hiring highly skilled tech people because most smoked marijuana from time to time, never knew how that turned out. There are functioning alcoholics that do work everyday and medicinal marijuana users that work everyday. But not driving or doctoring I hope.

Sorry but I never chose the name. I kept the name because it's a cute little name.

I had katzndogz because I had a cat and a dog. Then the cat passed. When tipsycatlover attached itself to me. I felt like it was a sign in memory of the departed cat who loved being tipsy now and then.

I very rarely smoke pot and would have no problem passing any drug test, but I wouldn't work for a company that required me to turn over my piss to them. It's degrading and an invasion of privacy, in my view.

I agree, but again with us, it's a federal law. Companies that have drug testing do so for lower Workman's Compensation rates. Any company that doesn't drug test their employees are spending money they don't need to spend, and likely not very good in management.

"Marijuana has always been my vice."

Serious question.
Is there even one single Liberal whom does not have a "vice"?

I don't know, ask a liberal. You really must live a sheltered life. Maybe you've been retired for years and don't really know the magnitude of people smoking, eating or vaping marijuana. You may live in a state that it's not legal in any form and the people who know you that may use know you are the kind of person that would call the police if you knew. I don't know.

NEGATIVE.
I actually live in Southern California...you know, that shithole full of stoners, drug addicts and low-life's.
Many of my friends and acquaintances are stoners and or drunks. I always find myself too busy raising my children, making money, playing golf, fishing on my boat or traveling...I have no time to be controlled by shit...It must be a shitty feeling to have a "vice".
Not really, I have no problem with what I do. I'm not hurting anyone. It must be a shitty feeling to be a judgemental jerk.

Read his thread a few times slowly, it's like he's saying or singing "My wangs bigger than your wang my wangs bigger than yours oh my wang is bigger than your wang because I eat kennel ration my wang is bigger than yours. lol lol lol
I ain't bragging but...er... heh heh heh...
I've caused many a fair maiden to gasp in wide-eyed surprise before and during coitus.
After that it was hard to get away from them.

Pot is not ruining our country lol
A lot of NY employers are cutting pot out of the testing process and only testing for the real stuff like coke
Soon pot will be a non issue. Until then, potheads who seek employment stay off it long enough to secure a job.

Yes, you can do that. But pot stays in your system for about a month. Other drugs are usually gone in a couple of days.

One of our employees got busted for pot. He quit many years ago, but while on vacation, a friend of his came to town and they relived some old memories. Two weeks after his vacation, his number got pulled and he got busted.

I have never used drugs. I have never used alcohol. I used to smoke cigarettes but gave it up as it signaled weakness. Only weak people smoke.
Wow :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

:asshole:
You think quite highly of yourself. That's good it balances out what the rest of us think of you.
Yet you're the one mired in depression and torn by anxiety so much that you can't sleep unless you are drugged up.
Yes i struggle with anxiety many adults do. That in no way makes me a bad person.
You on the other hand.....

People who do not allow themselves to feel, who believe other people aren't worth anything at all, those are the ones who do not feel anziety or much of anything else.

Tipsycatlover often posts that she's a complete emotional and mental cripple and says she works to be even more crippled. Personally, I think that's not something to aspire or envy but apparently, she does.

Not to mention the incredible lies she tells about her long line of Phd's. Whew!

Insurers will be asking for drug and alcohol tests for many years into the future. It can only increase.

When did that ever happen? I didn't know they do toxicology tests on people taking tests.
We are talking about job qualifications, some of which require drug testing as well as proficiency tests. Many city, county, state and federal jobs use that criteria as do some private employers.

Now I see why you brag about your sexual prowess.

Obviously, you don't have any and you know you can't measure up to that "dope free black guy".

Pathetic little weeny "white males" always have to blame others when they can't get the job OR get the job done.

:rolleyes:

I have never used drugs. I have never used alcohol. I used to smoke cigarettes but gave it up as it signaled weakness. Only weak people smoke.

You think quite highly of yourself. That's good it balances out what the rest of us think of you.
Yet you're the one mired in depression and torn by anxiety so much that you can't sleep unless you are drugged up.
Yes i struggle with anxiety many adults do. That in no way makes me a bad person.

People who do not allow themselves to feel, who believe other people aren't worth anything at all, those are the ones who do not feel anziety or much of anything else.

Tipsycatlover often posts that she's a complete emotional and mental cripple and says she works to be even more crippled. Personally, I think that's not something to aspire or envy but apparently, she does.

Not to mention the incredible lies she tells about her long line of Phd's. Whew!
You keep lying. Is this a result of your unfortunate childhood?

I have no Phds. Does the clear it all up.

NEGATIVE.

I ain't bragging but...er... heh heh heh...
I've caused many a fair maiden to gasp in wide-eyed surprise before and during coitus.
After that it was hard to get away from them.

Men who brag

Seldom deliver.

Now I see why you brag about your sexual prowess.

Obviously, you don't have any and you know you can't measure up to that "dope free black guy".

Pathetic little weeny "white males" always have to blame others when they can't get the job OR get the job done.

:rolleyes:
Since when did a Mescalero Apache become a White male?

You keep lying. Is this a result of your unfortunate childhood?

I have no Phds. Does the clear it all up.

Oops sorry. I forgot.

You have said you're an MD and an attorney.

And a dog washer.

:dig:

There is more and more litigation. As long as people can sue employers on the grounds that the employer hired that drunk or doper, employers will test everyone.

Forum List

Back