Another try

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
The last thread that ask this went no where. Not a single person responding answered the questions asked.

So lets try again.

What law or laws would prevent criminals from getting firearms? What law or Laws would prevent a person from going off the deep end and shooting up somewhere?

With 310 Million people and around 300 million firearms in private hands why is a murder rate of 4.7 per 100,000 so bad that you would deny law abiding citizens from firearms ownership? That means for every murder you would deny 21000 people a protected right written in the Constitution.

Firearms murders are not even close to the number one death caused in America.

Be specific, but make it ANSWER the questions asked.

And no registration will not prevent criminals from guns nor stop someone from going crazy and shooting up a place. Insurance on firearms won't either. Nor will punitive taxes on firearms.

What law or laws would prevent criminals from getting firearms?

A rhetorical question, no?

After all, criminals are by definition indifferent to the laws.

That's your point, isn't it?

Agreed...

Short of some wholly draconian removal of all guns from circulation, no law is going to prevent ALL criminals from getting guns.

Even then the manufacture of guns isn't exactly rocket science, so I do not doubt that a black market arms industry would quickly develop if every gun in the USA disappeared today.

Feel better, now?

Most people, even most "gun grabbers" understand that new laws will not prevent HARDEN PROFESSIONAL criminals from getting guns.

What most of those gun grabbers hope for is the end to the senseless tragedies where the perps are merely INSANE people with EASY ACCESS to guns.

Frankly, I have my doubts about that, too.

What law or laws would prevent criminals from getting firearms?

A rhetorical question, no?

After all, criminals are by definition indifferent to the laws.

That's your point, isn't it?

Agreed...

Short of some wholly draconian removal of all guns from circulation, no law is going to prevent ALL criminals from getting guns.

Even then the manufacture of guns isn't exactly rocket science, so I do not doubt that a black market arms industry would quickly develop if every gun in the USA disappeared today.

Feel better, now?

Most people, even most "gun grabbers" understand that new laws will not prevent HARDEN PROFESSIONAL criminals from getting guns.

What most of those gun grabbers hope for is the end to the senseless tragedies where the perps are merely INSANE people with EASY ACCESS to guns.

Frankly, I have my doubts about that, too.

So to create your strawman you ignored the second question, I see.

Forum List

Back