Another wealthy guy gets off with a hand slap

Actually...I have a bit different perspective on this.

She cheated on him. Cheating on your lover/spouse is one of the worst things a human being can do to another human being, in my estimation. It's the ultimate betrayal.

Therefore, I can see why he lost it. I can imagine attacking my spouse if he told me he had cheated on me. Also, it sounds like she wasn't really hurt, there is no mention of any real injuries. In addition, she refused to testify against him.

And I'm a former abused woman, spent 4 unfortunate years with a man who sometimes got physically abusive when he was drunk, put me in the emergency room twice. I never cheated on him, good Lord, he would have killed me.

I just don't think this guy sounds like a real monster. It really hurts when someone cheats on you, it's like getting stabbed in the heart. Makes people go berserk sometimes, even good people.

He's on probation and getting domestic violence counseling. Sounds about right to me. Now maybe he can find a woman he really loves HIM, and not his money.

Last edited:
I disagree, Koosh. I don't give a damn if she cheated on him by pulling a train with all his friends. Figuratively kick her ass out, not physically.

I'm surprised at you, being abused yourself and finding an excuse for him over that piddly reason. He kicked and beat her for over half an hour. And you bet your ass she won't testify against him....he probably threatened her with a worse beating or death.

This dick IS a monster and being abused myself, NO WAY would I excuse his behavior. I also fought back and no amount of threats would stop me from seeing his sorry ass in jail if I could put him there.

I am constantly amazed at some of the things I read here. This is one of them.

If he really kicked and beat her for over a half hour she would be in really bad shape, yet there is no mention of extensive injuries. Something is a little odd, there.

I just don't put this guy in the same category as guys who habitually beat on their women all the time, for all kinds of ridiculous reasons.

And understand...I'm not excusing what he did, although I think the lenient sentence was appropriate considering first offense, and apparently a lack of significant injury to the woman. But I'm not excusing what she did, either.

By my standards, she's just as bad as he is. And I suspect the reason she refused to testify against him is that he offered her a tidy sum of money. And she took it.

This kinda stuff happens all the time, it certainly isn't unique to wealth the same pattern plays out with poor people too. Basically you have:

1. Domestic violence
2. First time offender
3. Plead to a misdemeanor
4. Get probation

Rinse, repeat.

By my standards, she's just as bad as he is.
Your standards suck, physically attacking someone is on a completely different level.

I knew a woman whose husband had been beating her for decades. She shot him in the head while he was sleeping, and only served four years. Justice served. :tongue:

This kinda stuff happens all the time, it certainly isn't unique to wealth the same pattern plays out with poor people too. Basically you have:

1. Domestic violence
2. First time offender
3. Plead to a misdemeanor
4. Get probation

Rinse, repeat.

By my standards, she's just as bad as he is.
Your standards suck, physically attacking someone is on a completely different level.

Back when I was being slapped around, the guy didn't even get arrested. They were more lenient back then, even when I said I would press charges. they would just talk to us, calm the situation down, and then leave. I had to take matters into my own hands...and leave him. There were a few nights I sat up with my .357 revolver loaded and ready, just hoping he would come back and break in my door so I could shoot the fucker. Unfortunately, he had already found another woman to slap around...and her kid, as well, so he didn't bother me. I think he knew I would kill him, too.

As for this situation...the woman should have testified against him if she was so morally superior, which we know she wasn't. She was a cheater. But she wanted that money, didn't she, which is probably why she hooked up with him in the first place. Sounds like her standards suck more than mine.

Last edited:
And I would like to also add...my ex-boyfriend punched me just twice in the face and put me in the emergency room. My whole face was swollen and both eyes were black. They took x-rays because based on the way I looked they thought facial bones were broken. So I'm really dubious about this guy "beating" this woman 117 times, but no talk of serious injury. Sounds a little exaggerated to me, and I don't like that. I don't like people exaggerating to get the outcome they want...or the conviction they want. Tell the truth.

I'm not a "supporter" of guys who beat women, but you can't classify them all the same, you have to take into account motive, past history of being physically abusive to women, extent of actual injury, etc.

Last edited:
I knew a woman whose husband had been beating her for decades. She shot him in the head while he was sleeping, and only served four years. Justice served. :tongue:

Too bad she had to serve any time at all. She should have planned it better, shot him while he was awake, say he was coming at her and she feared for her life. Provoked him even, set him up, but don't shoot him when he's sleeping!

To me, dumping her would have been enough.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. But if he had to get physical, why not go after who she did her cheating with? That would have been another way to retaliate against her. She obviously cared enough about the person to go all the way with them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back