Anthems of Europe - which ones do you like?

I like these ....

• An die Freude / Ode to Joy: Freude, schöner Götterfunken ......

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • God save the King - or the Queen - who-ever is on the throne

• Onwards, children of the fatherland!

• Unity and Right and Freedom for the German fatherland!

• Amhrán Na bhFiann -The Soldier’s Song

• Hark, when the night is falling ..... Scotland the Brave!

• Flowers of Scotland

• Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau - The land of my fathers, the land of my choice

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • German Ladies, German faithfulness, German wine and German songs ...

• From the Meuse to the Neman, from the Adige to the Little Belt ....

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deutschland, Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • others ....

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Anthems of Europe - which ones do you like?

I will now post the beginning or title of the European anthem - plus a few national ones

Evenord-Bank Flashmob Nürnberg 2014 - Ode an die Freude​

Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, den Heiligtum. Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt, Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

And in English:

Joy, thou beauteous godly lightning, Daughter of Elysium, Fire drunken we are ent’ring Heavenly, thy holy home! Thy enchantments bind together, What did custom stern divide, Every man becomes a brother, Where thy gentle wings abide.

I'm part German, part Irish, and part some kind of American Indian. So that's a tough choice. :laughing0301:

I'm part German, part Irish, and part some kind of American Indian. So that's a tough choice. :laughing0301:

Well, you have as many votes in this poll as you want!
You can vote FOR ALL - if you want! :)

Why can't you enter in the spirit of a poll with a list from where to choose from? :)

Just out of spite?
Just to play difficult?

Some here are like guests in a restaurant who insist to get sth that is not on the menu. :)

Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, den Heiligtum. Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt, Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

And in English:

Joy, thou beauteous godly lightning, Daughter of Elysium, Fire drunken we are ent’ring Heavenly, thy holy home! Thy enchantments bind together, What did custom stern divide, Every man becomes a brother, Where thy gentle wings abide.

The Saddest Joy

Did you see Immortal Beloved, when Beethoven, at the first performance of his Ninth Symphony, in which "The Ode to Joy" appeared, received a standing ovation at the end of it? Completely deaf, he had to be turned around by someone in the orchestra before he could realize the symphony had been a success.

The Saddest Joy

Did you see Immortal Beloved, when Beethoven, at the first performance of his Ninth Symphony, in which "The Ode to Joy" appeared, received a standing ovation at the end of it? Completely deaf, he had to be turned around by someone in the orchestra before he could realize the symphony had been a success.
If you like "Ode to Joy" - why the do you not vote for it?

Beethoven would be pleased!

when it comes to anti- colonial WAR - SONGS, THIS ONE IS THE BEST ONE. Circassian ANTI - MUSCOVITE Military March ! this one is very hot, like our hate towards Muscovite PIG- DOGS.

1.25 speed

and

Last edited:

Forum List

Back