Anti-Redskins Tribal Leader Decries Redskins as Offensive, While Donning Blackface for Halloween

Oh please of Trump dressed up as a black guy for Halloween the entire left wing would shit themselves.
Why would they do that? Do you have proof?
UW-Stout students upset over blackface Halloween costume
Blackface” is a racist means of perpetuating stereotypes and misappropriations under the guise of entertainment.

Blackface Halloween: A Toxic Cultural Tradition
It’s already started this year, with the white elementary school teacher who dressed up as Kanye West. And the Florida teenager who thought it was a good idea to cover herself in shoe polish to pull off an authentic Nicki Minaj.

There's just two examples of liberal outrage over blackface.

Guess it's okay when someone that shares your demented PC views does it

Oh please of Trump dressed up as a black guy for Halloween the entire left wing would shit themselves.
Blackface” is a racist means of perpetuating stereotypes and misappropriations under the guise of entertainment.

It’s already started this year, with the white elementary school teacher who dressed up as Kanye West. And the Florida teenager who thought it was a good idea to cover herself in shoe polish to pull off an authentic Nicki Minaj.

Trump is not in either of the links. What are you talking about?

Here's one for Lakhota. Let's see what kind of excuses she makes for her fellow native American piece of shit hypocrite.

Filed under the heading of "You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up," I give you Terry Rambler, who is the Chairman of the San Carlos Apache Tribe in Arizona. Rambler was in DC recently to represent his tribe at Tribal Nations Conference. He is also a signatory to a pledge calling for the Washington Redskins to change their name, because racism.

With me so far? Good.

While in DC, Rambler decided to partake in Halloween festivities where he dressed up as Bob Marley. Okay, no worries. Perfectly acceptable Halloween costume. Except for a certain altering of the facial complexion that Rambler seems to have added on. ..

Notice no one ever complains about clowns in 'white face' :)

Calling a professional sports team the Redskins is either right or wrong; it has nothing to do with who is or isn't inconsistent in their beliefs.

One way or another the guy is a POS for thinking the redskins name is offensive....

Noticed your avi.....U.S.S. Ranger.

I was stationed on the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk CV 63.....the Shitty Kitty.

Here's one for Lakhota. Let's see what kind of excuses she makes for her fellow native American piece of shit hypocrite.

Filed under the heading of "You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up," I give you Terry Rambler, who is the Chairman of the San Carlos Apache Tribe in Arizona. Rambler was in DC recently to represent his tribe at Tribal Nations Conference. He is also a signatory to a pledge calling for the Washington Redskins to change their name, because racism.

With me so far? Good.

While in DC, Rambler decided to partake in Halloween festivities where he dressed up as Bob Marley. Okay, no worries. Perfectly acceptable Halloween costume. Except for a certain altering of the facial complexion that Rambler seems to have added on. ..

Notice no one ever complains about clowns in 'white face' :)
Why would they? Clowns most likely came from court jesters in europe.

That's got nothing to do with "Liberal". And you don't make it so by writing a message board post and inserting the word "liberal" in it. Without being there it's difficult to make the judgment as to whether the actors in question were using their skin-tone costuming as mocking that skin tone, or simply as a vehicle to express the part. There's a distinct difference.

When I walked Frenchman Street as Ernie K-Doe, no one-- not a single person anywhere, white or black, younger or older -- expressed the slightest degree of offense. Nor was it expected. Now if I had walked around invoking weird racial stereotypes using my skin tone as a vehicle to express that, there should have been offense, and I would have expected it, But that wasn't the point, and I made no such attempts, not even to sing, and besides I knew Ernie (everybody in New Orleans knew Ernie during his life, he made sure of that), and it would have been out of his character and therefore pointless to the costume. No, the entire point was in the costume itself, I just stood around and conversed in my normal voice, and no one who already knew me figured out who I was until I told them. It was that good.

If I deviated from my normal voice at all, it would have been to lampoon Ernie's actual voice and expressions, presuming ones that would be known to the other person. That would be a reference to his individual character -- not his race per se -- that is, aspects that make him Ernie, not aspects that make him black. My hair wasn't real either, for the same reason -- to express the character. Ernie's hair was somewhat distinctive, and did not resemble my own.

Would simply going out in an Afro wig (alone) be considered "racist"? It could be used as a vehicle for that ("hey look, I'm a black guy and I'm going to express ____ ") but the racism would be in the context. The visual by itself makes no statement.

Anyone see the contemporary remake of The Lone Ranger with Johnny Depp playing Tonto in redface? Again, it was a costuming vehicle only, the color of his skin had nothing to do with anything negative expressed by the character -- in other words the skin color was not being lampooned for its own sake, but simply as a costume vehicle to identify the character. Did that come off as "racist"? I don't think so.

(Now, that's a movie, not a Hallowe'en costume, and the argument can and should be made, why not hire an actual Native American actor to play the part, and I already made that argument myself. But that doesn't make Depp's performance "racist". Compare this to any number of Westerns of the 1950s where very-obviously white guy actors were hired to play the "Indians" and all they bothered to do was give them a headdress and a tomahawk. Hardly convincing. Which is worse?)

It all depends on CONTEXT. If you're using blackface, yellowface, redface etc. as a vehicle to put down that race, then yes, you have racism. Minstrel shows of 100-150 years ago certainly did that, as did the content of many of the songs written for them. But simply to express the image, in and of itself, doesn't express a "racism" any more than to identify a person as a "black guy" does.

Wasn't there some "controversy" -- I use the term very loosely -- about some 'black actor or comic book figure recently, where the role was traditionally considered "white"? Seems to me the same kind of fake outrage, obsessing over what color somebody's skin is rather than the context of what he's expressing.

And this thread does the same thing --- obsesses over superficialities, ignoring the context. What is the context in the case of the OP subject? We don't know, but the OP doesn't bother to wait to find out --- he just takes off with his own ass-umptions, since those superficialities, and not contextual meanings, seems to be all he's interested in to make fake points made of hot air.

An interesting discussion on all this is found in a sublink from one of Hortysir's links: Opera's Old Fashioned Race Problem

Last edited:

With me so far? Good.

Lakhota's a split-tail?

Uss Iowa BB61
47 killed in turret two
:salute:

My dad was on Kitty in Nam, come to think about it

With me so far? Good.

Finally! Someone sees wearing blackface as offensive! We're making strides here!

With me so far? Good.

What's the problem? He just looks like the Washington team logo.

8089050_orig.jpg

if "Redskins" offensive.., i am outraged that i am known as a "Paleface", and the entire NBA should be called "Blackskins"!!!

With me so far? Good.

What's the problem? He just looks like the Washington team logo.

8089050_orig.jpg

Forum List

Back