Any decent big cities left in America??

Houston is hanging in there, but that's because we're all meaner than shit and heavily armed.

I'm not ready to give up on Toledo. Or Detroit, or Chicago.
These are my cities. They mean a lot to me.

NYC, LA, DC? Let the rats eat them. I don't give a fuck.

If it's bigger than Waterville Washington then I would say "decent" is an extremelly rare commodity.

The right wing seems to have some obsession with cities. Tip: cities are places where a lot of people live. That's it. I grew up around NYC, and I've lived within shouting distance of DC forever. What is this about these places being bad? They are actually quite wonderful. How can a city be "decent" or "indecent"? Is this something that primitive natives do? I have to warn you that in both NY and DC, there is no place to park your pick-up. Take the metro.

No, they are all corrupt, Marxist Hell Holes.
What is a "marxist hell hole"? You do not like places where people gather. What is that about? Where do you live? I prefer lively places with music and plays, bars, restaurants. Some of my fondest childhood memories were at Radio City Music Hall, NYC, with the Rockettes, St. Pat's, and going to art shows at Washington Square. You apparently don't like these things. My paternal grandmother was born in Greenwich Village.

The last time that American cities were "decent" was in the 1950s (when I was a teenager).

At that time, no one even thought of violent crime being an issue (except in perhaps a few small pockets of each city).

I remember taking a night course in college and then walking in the dark to my car afterwards. The thought that I could be mugged or murdered never even entered my mind, for the university was in a good section of the city where bad people rarely entered. And in those days, the police were not afraid to stop suspicious-looking people and ask for ID.

The last time that American cities were "decent" was in the 1950s (when I was a teenager).

At that time, no one even thought of violent crime being an issue (except in perhaps a few small pockets of each city).

I remember taking a night course in college and then walking in the dark to my car afterwards. The thought that I could be mugged or murdered never even entered my mind, for the university was in a good section of the city where bad people rarely entered. And in those days, the police were not afraid to stop suspicious-looking people and ask for ID.

What is the standard for an American city to be judged "decent"? What is the standard for deciding that someone is a "suspicious-looking" person? I have very pale skin and blue eyes. Am I "suspicious looking"? I once walked across the border at San Ysidro, having spent a very depressing day in Tijuana. Nobody said a word. Was it the pale skin? The blue eyes?

[/QUOTE

What is the standard for an American city to be judged "decent"? What is the standard for deciding that someone is a "suspicious-looking" person? I have very pale skin and blue eyes. Am I "suspicious looking"? I once walked across the border at San Ysidro, having spent a very depressing day in Tijuana. Nobody said a word. Was it the pale skin? The blue eyes? I am Irish and Eastern European. Don't come around to my house.

What is the standard for an American city to be judged "decent"? What is the standard for deciding that someone is a "suspicious-looking" person? I have very pale skin and blue eyes. Am I "suspicious looking"? I once walked across the border at San Ysidro, having spent a very depressing day in Tijuana. Nobody said a word. Was it the pale skin? The blue eyes?

A "decent" American city is one in which a good person can walk down the street without fear of being robbed or sucker punched or raped or murdered.

A "decent" American city is one in which a good person can take a bus or subway without being robbed or ...

A "decent" American city is one that is NOT like the New York City of today.

The right wing seems to have some obsession with cities. Tip: cities are places where a lot of people live. That's it. I grew up around NYC, and I've lived within shouting distance of DC forever. What is this about these places being bad? They are actually quite wonderful. How can a city be "decent" or "indecent"? Is this something that primitive natives do? I have to warn you that in both NY and DC, there is no place to park your pick-up. Take the metro.
The real shitholes are in rural America.

No infrastructure, no culture, no parks, nothing worth seeing.

A "decent" American city is one in which a good person can walk down the street without fear of being robbed or sucker punched or raped or murdered.

A "decent" American city is one in which a good person can take a bus or subway without being robbed or ...

New York City is one of the greatest cities in the world. Tens of Millions of people visit it each year.

No, they are all corrupt, Marxist Hell Holes.
What is a "marxist hell hole"? You do not like places where people gather. What is that about? Where do you live? I prefer lively places with music and plays, bars, restaurants. Some of my fondest childhood memories were at Radio City Music Hall, NYC, with the Rockettes, St. Pat's, and going to art shows at Washington Square. You apparently don't like these things. My paternal grandmother was born in Greenwich Village.
The EC was designed for the issues we face today. The men and women we have charged with the responsibility of protecting the Constitution have let us down. They followed a new course. Using peoples from different places of the planet against each other. When all it has to do, is include all. This is all based on a massive taxed nation at all government levels with the arbiters of fear raking in easy lives. And there are many of them.

How in the hell to do you know. I would ride the subway in NYC or DC on any given day. I'm near DC now, and ride the metro often. I can get off at Foggy Bottom or Smithsonian or Connecticut and K any time I want to. I can walk up 23rd street and walk to Georgetown as far as my legs can carry me down M Street. Why do you have this fantasy that you will be robbed and killed? What is this about? I can be at Foggy Bottom or Dupont Circle in the snap of my fingers. Nothing is going on here, except for the orange whore disgracing Lafayette Park and St. John's.

Forum List

Back