Any DISCO Kings and Queens Here?

disco?.....

1719508601830.png

My friend and I got into Disco in the mid 70s, we took lessons at the high school auditorium.
Saw Saturday Night Fever at the local drive-in theatre.

Didn’t go the “Saturday night fever” route

But had a ball on the dance floor (dancing poorly)

Funny how so many people say “disco sucked”

Yet the dance floors were always packed 😂

Some did freak out, one got his glasses slapped all the way around to the back of his head. He pulled my string and I did my thi9ng,on his face. We forgave each other though.

Some did freak out, one got his glasses slapped all the way around to the back of his head. He pulled my string and I did my thi9ng,on his face. We forgave each other though.

FYI if you didn't know....

How Studio 54 gave Nile Rodgers the idea for Le Freak by Chic​

19 September 2023, 12:00

... Nile Rodgers, disco legend and mastermind behind Chic has revealed to Radio X the inspiration behind one of his most iconic tracks, Le Freak.

Despite taking disco to the mainstream during the 1970s, it wasn't always plain sailing as he details in a backstory that involves legendary New York club Studio 54, Grace Jones, and being told to f*** off.

Talking about where the idea for the chorus "Aaaahhhhh, freak out!" came from, Nile explains that downing several bottles of Dom Perignon (or "rock 'n' roll mouthwash" as he calls it) provided the initial inspiration to write the song...

Now considered record company darlings, the duo were invited by supermodel Grace Jones to super club Studio 54, which was considered the home of disco scene in the hedonistic late 1970s. A big night was expected by all, but Nile and Bernard hadn't banked on the club's notoriously tough door policy.

Nile takes up the story: "Somehow, we couldn't give the right password to get in. They slammed the door in our faces and said 'F off!'."

"They did that twice. I happened to live around the corner from the back door of Studio 54 and when we went home, we got two bottles of Dom Pérignon Champagne, which we used to call rock 'n' roll mouthwash.

We downed those really quickly and got buzzed. We remembered this guy slamming the door going 'Ahhhhh f*** off!' Which turned into 'F*** Studio 54!'

"That turned into 'Ahhhhh freak out!'. It became the biggest song in the history of Atlantic Records to this very day.
How Studio 54 gave Nile Rodgers the idea for Le Freak by Chic

FYI if you didn't know....

How Studio 54 gave Nile Rodgers the idea for Le Freak by Chic​

19 September 2023, 12:00

... Nile Rodgers, disco legend and mastermind behind Chic has revealed to Radio X the inspiration behind one of his most iconic tracks, Le Freak.

Despite taking disco to the mainstream during the 1970s, it wasn't always plain sailing as he details in a backstory that involves legendary New York club Studio 54, Grace Jones, and being told to f*** off.

Talking about where the idea for the chorus "Aaaahhhhh, freak out!" came from, Nile explains that downing several bottles of Dom Perignon (or "rock 'n' roll mouthwash" as he calls it) provided the initial inspiration to write the song...

Now considered record company darlings, the duo were invited by supermodel Grace Jones to super club Studio 54, which was considered the home of disco scene in the hedonistic late 1970s. A big night was expected by all, but Nile and Bernard hadn't banked on the club's notoriously tough door policy.

Nile takes up the story: "Somehow, we couldn't give the right password to get in. They slammed the door in our faces and said 'F off!'."

"They did that twice. I happened to live around the corner from the back door of Studio 54 and when we went home, we got two bottles of Dom Pérignon Champagne, which we used to call rock 'n' roll mouthwash.

We downed those really quickly and got buzzed. We remembered this guy slamming the door going 'Ahhhhh f*** off!' Which turned into 'F*** Studio 54!'

"That turned into 'Ahhhhh freak out!'. It became the biggest song in the history of Atlantic Records to this very day.
How Studio 54 gave Nile Rodgers the idea for Le Freak by Chic

Interesting story, thanks you.

There were somes great disco tunes for sure.....:dance:

like this one!!!

The Jacksons - Blame It On the Boogie (Official Video)​

Forum List

Back