Any interest in the brutally honest story of grampamurkedus life?

Lol...Darling, does this have anything to do with
what turned into a tithing lecture on the thread
a few days ago, by any chance?
Naw.

Unlike most people when issues come up for me they go just as quick. I can not stand people that harbor hate or resentment. The shit just eats away at you and it's infectious
This is ironic. Can you see the irony?
Umm, no

Naw.

Unlike most people when issues come up for me they go just as quick. I can not stand people that harbor hate or resentment. The shit just eats away at you and it's infectious
Umm, no
Pretty sure he was talking about me. I tend to be an ass and often come off as a hypocrite angry at the world.

Naw.

Umm, no
Pretty sure he was talking about me. I tend to be an ass and often come off as a hypocrite angry at the world.
Well, you said you cannot stand certain people. That is ironic, considering you are against hate.

I know you got it. Is that a woman? I am assuming so.

Last edited:
Trouble is afoot. It's only 6 and my coffee is gone. Prospects for a good Monday are looking slim. May have better luck finding life on Mars at this point.

Go for it Grampa. Maybe you should do this in the writers section and play it by ear, post by post. Then print your posts and see what you have. I don't see anything wrong with your writing, btw and you might then have the foundation for a book :thup:

Naw.

A bit yes. It's a message board tho. Intent & "mood" are hard reads.
Jack Nicholson's noodle salad speech, pretty much describes it.

Most people have messed up stories. I have my own. Lost my parents when I was 5. Lost my only brother when I was 20. Lost my daughter 20 years ago (she was 3) and my fiance in the same accident. Oh, and a cancer survivor.

It isn't that we have it bad, it is that most of us are that pissed that others have it that good.

Most people have messed up stories. I have my own. Lost my parents when I was 5. Lost my only brother when I was 20. Lost my daughter 20 years ago (she was 3) and my fiance in the same accident. Oh, and a cancer survivor.
Wow...I am so sorry

You know...its other people's stories
that puts anothers into perspective

Once in awhile, when I'm on the pitty potty
I'll tune into Jerry Springer,...lol
then, instead of complaining, I'm grateful
It isn't that we have it bad, it is that most of us are that pissed that others have it that good.
Yep, I agree...at least, that's the truth for me

Interesting thread, I have review more. We grew up dirt poor, I think that can, if you are lucky give you a real perspective on life. Maybe? Mom lived her religion and was one of the few real Christians I have ever met. She also stressed education and reading and those things set you free. A few of my comments online are below. I have been online since the very beginning and deju vu sets in quickly. LOL

Long ago a moderator asked me to join their site, the idea did not appeal to me as opinions tend to be exactly what the DI claimed. But the person's argument was not about the obvious give and take, the usual ad hominem, the flames, or vulgar repartee, or broad brush dismissals, the point was that maybe, just maybe, someone would read what you wrote and wonder. It must be obvious to you, if you have given it any thought, that people do not think, they react. Most are robots, a simple perusal of a particular poster's words and you know who they are. But occasionally something will hit you, and then maybe you will think a bit differently. Think of the white supremacist interviewed on NPR. So while most will simply ignore this, maybe, just maybe someone else still has the capacity to wonder. Thanks for asking.

Other thoughts:

As for me, I don't want to appear to cop out here, if I were to label myself it would be liberal progressive probabilist with touches of the pragmatic communitarian recognizing it is most often luck or the hand we are dealt that matters and not the stuff circling around in our heads, and we should enjoy this time, work hard, measure the words we use and foster this earth we walk on - and help others too. Why "liberals" shun the term using "progressives" instead...

Writings for those who can still puzzle over why things are as they are - an advertence in all the many words.

I always find the equivalency replies the best and funniest, all the right needs to do to soothe their moral and political conscience is find an example of another's wrongdoing or misstep and they feel like they have actually replied.

Why is your religious liberty a chain around the liberty and freedom of others.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men (this includes women) are not equal, that some should not be served especially if they were endowed by their Creator with gayness or brownness or some other differentness in our eyes, that among these qualities are lots of potential reasons to deny them service that will be determined in a pursuit of our happiness and our ideological framework of justice.

Authors and reading that has influenced my thinking. Some recent.

Albert Camus, Samuel Beckett, Thomas Wolfe, Feodor Dostoevsky, James Baldwin, Robert Pirsig, William Vollman, Richard Powers, Arthur Koestler, Susan Sontag, Wallace Stegner, Ralph Ellison, David Foster Wallace, André Malraux, Theodore Dreiser, Graham Greene, William Faulkner, Eric Hoffer, and Virginia Woolf.

Philosophy etc: Jeremy Waldron, Camus again, Derek Parfit, John Rawls, Joe Bageant, Noam Chomsky, John Kenneth Galbraith, Peter Watson....

'The Rhetoric of Reaction: Perversity, Futility, Jeopardy' Albert O. Hirschman
'The Glory and the Dream' by William Manchester
'Invisible Hands: The Businessmen's Crusade Against the New Deal' Kim Phillips-Fein
"Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" Jane Mayer
'White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America' by Nancy Isenberg
'The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark' Carl Sagan
'Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming' Naomi Oreskes, Erik M. M. Conway
'Don't Sleep, There Are Snakes: Life and Language in the Amazonian Jungle' by Daniel L. Everett
'Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis' by J. D. Vance
'Becoming Evil: How Ordinary People Commit Genocide and Mass Killing' by James Waller
'One of Us: The Story of a Massacre in Norway - and Its Aftermath' by Seierstad, Åsne and Sarah Death

Reading that opens the mind - Books

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." Anaïs Nin

what i mean is even if that amateurish stuff took off like it did, don't be shy and underestimate where your story could lead. There is a writing section on here. How about starting a writing group around your story, and see if it comes out as a novel, play or movie script. Is it a drama or comedy? What are 5 events you would build a story around, and you basically have a script.
Thank you for the vote of confidence but I know nothing about writing. I can barely spell. I just feel like my story is unusual and worth sharing to give a different perspective.
If there's not enough interest in won't bother. I don't wanna bore everyone.
Give us as short thumbnail sketch of your interesting life, just bullet points even so folks might express their level of interest in whatever you've got.

Forum List

Back