Any of these westerners worth watching

Good ,bad ugly was awesome 👏

Fistful dollars - was garbage

Few dollars more - average

Josey Wales and Pale Rider. Except they keep showing those over and over on cable, so I just watch the endings.

th

How about Australian?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Ever watch Open Range with Costner and Duvall? Excellent western, with the most realistic gunfight sequence near the end I ever saw. Turn the volume up.

Another great western is the original True Grit with Wayne and Darby.
I'll have to put that one on my list....Nonetheless, I stand by my rating of those two as the best ever made.

Once upon time in west....Meh
Outlaw Josey W....Must watch
Searchers....Classic, considered by many to be John Wayne's best performance
Butch Cassidy.....OK
Pale rider.....Must watch
Rio bravo.....Must watch

I'll add these must watch westerns:

Red River

She wore a yellow ribbon

Open range

Unforgiven

Silverado

Fort Apache

True grit (the second one is the better of the two IMHO)

The man who shot liberty valance.....less of a true western than a moral story

Little Big Man

Ballad of Buster Scruggs.....Just for shits and giggles. ;)

Tombstone

Wyatt Earp

A lot of folks would include Lonesome Dove but I'm one of the few that found it Meh.

Seriously? You like the latter one with Bridges over the one with John Wayne, Glenn Campbell and Kim Darby?

The original Grit stands as my favorite single western of all time with Open Range my second. Interesting that the great Robert Duvall was in BOTH of them!
It's one of the better remakes ever.

Keep your seat trash ;)

Once upon time in west....Meh
Nothing meh about that epic....Can't think of any movie that can pull off eight minutes of opening with no dialogue and still be riveting....Henry Fonda was such a convincing evil doer that he got scads of hate mail for ruining his rep as the All-Murican good guy lead actor....Can't think of anything that flick doesn't have.

Seriously? You like the latter one with Bridges over the one with John Wayne, Glenn Campbell and Kim Darby?
Absolutely.

Glenn Campbell couldn't act his way out of a paper sack....Darby wasn't much better.....Duke carried that flick.

The Cohen brothers are magic with a great story.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back