Any tips for taking a 4 year old fishing?

Some good and funny tips. Sadly we are delayed waiting on bad storms rolling through. Likely to be a muddy mess with a 4 year old now. Oh joy

Taking my grandson tomorrow and it's been so long since my kids were that age I can't remember what I did to try to keep them focused.

Gonna focus on minnows on a bobber as bait and bluegills right off the shore to keep him active.

Any better ideas besides bringing a bucket of rocks lol?
Fishing on the bottom is easiest. His attention span is not going to be that of an experienced fisherman. Bring some thing along to keep him buisy whgen he gets bored. Be patient!

20180512_125021.jpg 20180512_122848.jpg

Taking my grandson tomorrow and it's been so long since my kids were that age I can't remember what I did to try to keep them focused.

Gonna focus on minnows on a bobber as bait and bluegills right off the shore to keep him active.

Make sure the rocks are flat?

I guess I would tell him, "Watch and learn and when you get older you'll understand it perfectly. It'll come naturally to you." Of course I don't have children or grandchildren so I'm just guessing here.

I guess I would tell him, "Watch and learn and when you get older you'll understand it perfectly. It'll come naturally to you." Of course I don't have children or grandchildren so I'm just guessing here.

Kids want to do it themselves

Kids want to do it themselves
He let me cast without complaints but we practiced in the backyard with a toy pole this spring so all he wanted to do was constantly reel it in. He did exceptionally well for a hyper 4 year old

Throw him in.
Yup, he's gotta learn to swim sooner or later.

Hold off on the beers until you know if he's the seasick type, and if he can handle them the cigars should be no problem at all.

Forum List

Back