Anybody else not care about Women's World Cup soccer?

According to pundits they looked listless in a zero/zero tie to Portugal. Portugal should have won and knocked them out. Needless to say, Netherlands won 7 to 0 against Viet Nam and secured the first seed in the group. The U.S. get second and makes the field of 16 which is the next round. However, it gets a rougher road. The U.S. was outplayed for much of the game against Netherlands and lucked out with a tie last week.

According to pundits they looked listless in a zero/zero tie to Portugal. Portugal should have won and knocked them out. Needless to say, Netherlands won 7 to 0 against Viet Nam and secured the first seed in the group. The U.S. get second and makes the field of 16 which is the next round. However, it gets a rougher road. The U.S. was outplayed for much of the game against Netherlands and lucked out with a tie last week.
England on the other hand (foot?) looked incredible against China.

I think they could go all the way.

The US team is just a shambles, and that includes Alex Morgan, whom I've always really liked.

Rose is OUT of the next game (2 YCs), so that could be the death blow for them.

But conservatives here will be pleased to know that Alex places her hand over her heart and also sings the NA.

:)

I watch on World Cup.....maybe some English Premier league if stuck on TV....no commercials.

World Cup games are the best. Edge of seat excitment in one goal games to move on to the next round. Scoring is not everything. Just like an MLB 2-hit shutout......a hot goalie can make incredible saves. The ball control in the field. Good passes, catches....getting off a good shot. Every Corner kick is a scoring opportunity. It is a win to get a corner.
^ Gets it.

Football is often INCREDIBLY exciting, even when a game ends in a 0-0 draw.

So who goes all the way?

Japan?

England?

Can Colombia get it done?

I'm eliminating the US from real contention; they just look AWFUL - worse than 4 years ago.

It is rough too. Say Goalie kicks a deep ball past 1/2 field. you may be expected to run over jump up and use your head like a tool and time your "hit on the ball" with your forehead. Don't let the ball hit you or you may be seeing stars. You are expected to change the balls flight to one of your team. It can hurt doing that even 5 times a game. Or try to trap it "surrounded by enemy" and control it without letting it bounce off of you, then they just take it away and you failed. nothing is easy. Unless you grew up playing it.
Nobody gets hurt in girly soccer sport. They fake a lot running around in their underwear but it is all a show.

Nobody gets hurt in girly soccer sport. They fake a lot running around in their underwear but it is all a show.
With much heavier schedules, ACL injuries are tearing through the sport.

And of course getting kicked in the face happens too, though being concussed by being hit in the head by the ball is more common.

You'd last about 2 minutes I reckon. :)

Well! Her going straight into the Hall of Fame is a foregone conclusion then. :thewave:
Probably, just as your threadcrapping again is certain.

Trying to own someone you clearly know nothing about has made you look a silly wanker, but in fairness, you may actually be one. :)

England on the other hand (foot?) looked incredible against China.

I think they could go all the way.

The US team is just a shambles, and that includes Alex Morgan, whom I've always really liked.

Rose is OUT of the next game (2 YCs), so that could be the death blow for them.

But conservatives here will be pleased to know that Alex places her hand over her heart and also sings the NA.

:)
Anyone playing a sport does not have to be Yankee Doodle Dandy. They can remove scowls and stand at attention.

Soccer......Mens are women's........blah, boring, there are more fake injuries in a match than there is actual scoring chances................BORING

Now men's Hockey, that's a great sport.

Anyone playing a sport does not have to be Yankee Doodle Dandy. They can remove scowls and stand at attention.
Why should they? Athletes represent themselves FIRST of all. SECONDly, they may represent the team. THIRDly they might represent their country. It is up to each and every one of them to decide for themselves. Enduring exploitation by your country is not an obligation.

With much heavier schedules, ACL injuries are tearing through the sport.

And of course getting kicked in the face happens too, though being concussed by being hit in the head by the ball is more common.

You'd last about 2 minutes I reckon. :)
Let's be honest, shall we? Women soccer players are nothing but whingers making believe that acting butch will mask their weak character and rampant penis envy.

I really don't care that much, but except for some of the US women, most players/teams sing along joyfully, many fighting back tears or letting them cascade, incredibly excited and proud to be at the Cup and representing their country.

That's the norm.

So while I won't say that many of the US women are as spoiled as they are lucky to be there, I will say that I was happy to see my favorite player (Morgan) with her hand over her heart. :)

Forum List

Back