Anybody else not care about Women's World Cup soccer?

80% of the men on the planet can't all be wrong, so soccer (aka "football") is not a stupid sport. However, any sport that disdains the use of the arms and hands...what can you say?

When people tell me how boring baseball is, I bring up the World Cup (the real one, not the wimmins' one), in which a comprehensive highlight film of the entire tournament could be screened in less than ten minutes. Because unfortunately, the higher the level of soccer play, the less scoring occurs.

If I won tickets for the entire World Cup, I would give them away...to a Democrat. No Republican would have any interest.

Wimmens don't need no sports....

BeFunky-collage-2020-04-13T172926.825.jpg

I fight for soccer. I played it. It is HARD! you will run up and down the field for 90 minutes seemingly non-stop. It is so hard to "trap" a ball coming at you in the air or even on the ground and gain possession. A lousy player (me) will almost never even touch the ball most of the season. just a chaser. Little guys will run circle around you passing it back and forth. If you need to look down at the ball as you run around...game over.

To take a hard shot on Goal "on frame" Good luck with that. you have to kick it like you punt a football off your instep often on the dead run. If your toes hit the ground...ouch and dud shot comes off. Your feet will get stomped if you are not aware 24-7. Goalie is hard too.

The Mens WORLD CUP is pagentry from the draw to the entry into the stadium. To keep down fighting in the tunnel perhaps? Each player is holding hands with a thrilled little kid. Who is going to start a brawl with a 6 yr old holding your hand? But for USA each team National anthem is played with pride. The colors....the cheers...the costumes....drums.....the stands are alive. It is truly the best event mankind ever invented. now it they can get rid of most of the flopping. Even on a dead ball it is action. You are always about 3 passes from a quick strike score.
I see it as exercise intensive needing energy. It is just mostly dull. Change the rules up. It has potential. 10-9 games bring intrigue.

Well, perhaps you should stick to the topic. We were discussing the USWNT. You brought up some swimmer who claims she was kidnapped.

So kindly fuck off.

As a rebuttal to your complaining about something.

So fuck off infinity plus 1, and unkindly, downright hostile at that.

I watch on World Cup.....maybe some English Premier league if stuck on TV....no commercials.

World Cup games are the best. Edge of seat excitment in one goal games to move on to the next round. Scoring is not everything. Just like an MLB 2-hit shutout......a hot goalie can make incredible saves. The ball control in the field. Good passes, catches....getting off a good shot. Every Corner kick is a scoring opportunity. It is a win to get a corner.

...... As for the USWNT...nothing but applause for not only their skill on the pitch but the wonderful role models they are.
"Role models"? Yes, indeed. Not very long ago at all was the USA - Sweden match. The American women were very aggressive and the Swedish side realized that it was better to play defensively, being very careful and passing the ball only when they had a clear shot. Sweden won but the American captain, during the post-game interview, demonstratively raised her furious voice claiming, "The better team did not win!!!!!" Such distinction! Such role modeling!
:yes_text12:

"Role models"? Yes, indeed. Not very long ago at all was the USA - Sweden match. The American women were very aggressive and the Swedish side realized that it was better to play defensively, being very careful and passing the ball only when they had a clear shot. Sweden won but the American captain, during the post-game interview, demonstratively raised her furious voice claiming, "The better team did not win!!!!!" Such distinction! Such role modeling!
:yes_text12:
Women's soccer is the same as Men's soccer as comparing American national teams. Womens soccer is a start up in recent decades with the United States taken the lead. much of the world is slowly trying to catch up. Men's soccer is totally different. We had some good teams in the last couple of decades. And we have not gotten over the hump with the better teams from South America and Europe which has dominated the sport. And other teams from outside those continents are good also.

..... Womens soccer is a start up in recent decades with the United States taken the lead. much of the world is slowly trying to catch up .....
I hesitate to agree with that. Scandinavia has (I believe) invested more and longer in women's soccer than any other. Am I wrong?

Gee, a couple of months ago; all you guys could talk about is how much you like women's sports. Wonder what changed. Oh yeah...you can't get political mileage out of it--and you no longer care.

As for the USWNT...nothing but applause for not only their skill on the pitch but the wonderful role models they are.
Well this is easy to splinter into pieces.

A. Protecting elementary, high school, and college women’s sports from seeing male genitalia in locker rooms, injury, and unfair advantages from males is itself necessary. Conservatives are sadly the only feminists defending women. You should be on board with this.. why aren’t you?

B. Defending professional women’s sports is still important, but it doesn’t mean you have to be a fan of it and follow it. Keeping sports fair is an across-the-board issue for all of them.

Thought you had a “gotcha”? Yikes that was quite simple, I’m surprised you weren’t able to see the differences.

As far as the women’s World Cup, it’s always been a drop in the bucket compared to the men’s.. because men’s teams have the best, most athletic soccer players in the world. People want to watch that. It’s not as interesting to watch a team of women who lose to under 15 boys teams and would get beat by elite boys high school soccer teams.

Nobody is saying it shouldn’t exist, and it can’t be at all entertaining, but It’s junior varsity, thus not as attractive. It’s the leftists who whine that the women’s World Cup isn’t equal to the men’s.. while I’d say many/most leftists don’t even follow sports. If they want it to be equal in ratings, they should watch. And if not as many people watch? It’s just not as entertaining, no dramatic “systemic oppression” that the left loves to indulge in.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back