Anybody remember Call of Duty 2?

Grumpyolman

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2018
San Diego
I bought the 6 CD game back in the day (2006) and played the campaign through. Did a few hacks and tweaks to get it to run on Windows 10. I forgot how much fun it is!
Just now finished the Red Army campaign and ran the dirty fascists out of Stalingrad.
Next, Rommel and the Afrika Korps...Great game!

2.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the 6 CD game back in the day (2006) and played the campaign through. Did a few hacks and tweaks to get it to run on Windows 10. I forgot how much fun it is!
Just now finished the Red Army campaign and ran the dirty fascists out of Stalingrad.
You might like Day of Defeat... I poured a ton of hours into this game in the past...

2.jpg
Pretty cool... good work... I still play this on my old PS...

It runs at about 60FPS at 1600x900 all eye candy on. That the best resolution for a widescreen monitor. Not running any mods on this one.
The human's optic nerve can process ~60 fps.

Cats are around 52 fps. To them the world looks like it's on fast forward.

Dogs are much faster than cats. So to them, us humans look and sound like slow motion.

A humming bee's visual perception is on a different order of magnitude.

Same thing with a housefly. To take advantage of that fact, when I used to do magic tricks I would grab them out of mid-air. From the fly's point of view, the movement of my hand would barely be perceptible. Like a glacier going to the sea.

If a car was coming at you at 99 mph but you were a fly, it would seem like that car is parked.

To us humans, it would be analogous to a Mac1958. Super Slow.

Last edited:

2.jpg
I thought both call of duty one and two were incredibly educational. Now here are some video games that served a solid purpose of reminding young Americans of the importance of World War II.

The Soviets were a major part of the early call of duty games and most recently a call of duty World War II game from around 2021. Unfortunately, the call of duty from 2021 known as call of duty vanguard was not very popular sales or disappointing and they said it was because a lot of the youngsters of today are not interested in World War III. Well, it was totally the opposite back in 2004 or so when the original call of duty came out, it was perhaps the most popular game of the time. And one of the greatest first person shooters to have ever existed.

Litwin Lesh SavannahMann

Long lives the allies of World War II. The history will never be forgotten. Man what a feel good game that was driving out those Hitler supporters and their allies all over Europe. Freedom prevails.

It was a lot of fun playing call of duty I competitively in cyber cafés when I was about 15 years old. Sometimes in between the gaming, we would go play football games and get some physical activity in with the owners of the cybercafe.

I was even a part of an online call of duty team. Competing for a various prizes and things. We would talk to each other on a format called team speak

I thought both call of duty one and two were incredibly educational. Now here are some video games that served a solid purpose of reminding young Americans of the importance of World War II.

The Soviets were a major part of the early call of duty games and most recently a call of duty World War II game from around 2021. Unfortunately, the call of duty from 2021 known as call of duty vanguard was not very popular sales or disappointing and they said it was because a lot of the youngsters of today are not interested in World War III. Well, it was totally the opposite back in 2004 or so when the original call of duty came out, it was perhaps the most popular game of the time. And one of the greatest first person shooters to have ever existed.

Litwin Lesh SavannahMann

Long lives the allies of World War II. The history will never be forgotten. Man what a feel good game that was driving out those Hitler supporters and their allies all over Europe. Freedom prevails.

IMG_1149.png

Got that?

2.jpg
I have Special Ops Contracts 2 I enjoy that at 74 y/o
I also play return to castle wolfenstein quite a bit

The original "Black Ops" Call of Duty is one of the best games ever made.
The Zombie alternate game is one of the most popular online games ever.

I played it with my son so many times back in the day.
Loved-loved loved that game.

Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops---PlayStation-3.jpg

Forum List

Back