Anybody Up Cooking Tonight?

Whatever happened to people staying up all night cooking the Wednesday before Thanksgiving? Does everyone get their dinner from Kroger? :)

My wife had me do prep work tonight. Celery, greens, peppers and i prepped the bird for frying. She is puting the ham in the slow cooker and is taditionally cooking the other bird mostly for the stuffing. Mashed taters in da morn..... And we are a done. Because the other food is coming with my peeps. Wheew.

I made some flavored butters from scratch using heavy cream. Raspberry Honey, Cinnamon Honey, and salted..

My wife had me do prep work tonight. Celery, greens, peppers and i prepped the bird for frying. She is puting the ham in the slow cooker and is taditionally cooking the other bird mostly for the stuffing. Mashed taters in da morn..... And we are a done. Because the other food is coming with my peeps. Wheew.

Sounds like you carved out a good gig there. We celebrated on Monday, went to Columbus to be with fam. I got Panera bagels and we will have breakfast with my daughter but then that's it.

Wife decided that she wanted to oven roast the bird this year instead of Me deep frying it. I offered to put the bird in the oven when I got home this morning, but she already has it going.....So, a couple of beers for Me and then some rack time....

its just me and hubby.....this year....so we are going small.....i did the green beans and yams yesterday...he is doing the turkey....*shaking head*....i have checked for places open today.....his doing the turkey may run me a 100 bucks in eating out today....lol....o well...o and pumpkin pie

Wow, you must have been bad this year.

No. The government was.

Ok. Hope you get something. The churches around you will be feeding people so it won't be like you're going to a soup kitchen, just so you know. Have a happy day.

funny how the churches kick that stuff in for what....two days a year....i know many churches have an on going out reach program but wouldnt you love to see more doing work with the homeless and hungry?

No. The government was.

Ok. Hope you get something. The churches around you will be feeding people so it won't be like you're going to a soup kitchen, just so you know. Have a happy day.

funny how the churches kick that stuff in for what....two days a year....i know many churches have an on going out reach program but wouldnt you love to see more doing work with the homeless and hungry?

Yes, there is ongoing outreach with one big church out of several locations here. It's one day a week but they're closed today and on Christmas if it falls on a Thursday.

I've noticed a bunch of them only do it a couple of days a year and people are grateful but I'm sure if there were some organized outreach, they could feed a lot of people for free. Just their time and effort involved.

its just me and hubby.....this year....so we are going small.....i did the green beans and yams yesterday...he is doing the turkey....*shaking head*....i have checked for places open today.....his doing the turkey may run me a 100 bucks in eating out today....lol....o well...o and pumpkin pie

I bought a pumpkin pie and some whipping cream so we're all set. :)

I just have one teenager at home now :)() so it's a 20 pound turkey for 3. That sounds like toasted turkey sandwiches for some time to come...:banana:

When my wife and I were married she could hardly cook a hot dog but after 27 years she's a marvelous cook and her pumpkin pies, pure heaven.

Forum List

Back