Anyone doubt that mass shooters have mental problems? "My Ex-Boyfriend was the Dayton Shooter"

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Apparently written by this guys ex-gf. I get it, she has mental problems herself, still, reading this though, tell me there weren't a dozen signs something was up and he might live out his warped reality?

Take the time to read it. I am going to guess a very high % of mass shooters, even those driven by ideology and religion; have serious mental disorders.

My Ex-Boyfriend was the Dayton Shooter

January 2019
Connor and I met in our Social Psychology class at Sinclair College. We bonded over the laughable conspiracy theories that our professor tried to preach as we walked to similar parking spots in the college parking garage. We also were very open about our mental illnesses from the very beginning. He told me that he had bipolar disorder and possibly OCD; that didn’t scare me, some of the sweetest people I know have those conditions. I told him that I have depression, generalized anxiety, and ADD. We bonded over depression humor, something that only people who have been in the throes of it really ever understand and find humorous. Joking about personal mental illnesses is one of the biggest coping tools in the mental health toolbelt.

So, when he started joking about his dark thoughts, I understood. Dark thoughts for someone with a mental illness are just a symptom that we have to learn how to manage. Joking about wanting to hurt people was just heard as, “I have uncomfortable thoughts that are inappropriate to express, but I need to joke about them otherwise they’re too scary and real.” People who do not have a mental illness do not understand this sense of humor. They take it too far. But I didn’t, so he trusted me.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! It's mental problems and violent video games that influences law abiding regular people to buy weapons and ammo, drive 650 miles, seek out brown people and fucking mow them down like blades of grass. You go with that Canuck Boi!

Oh yeah! It's mental problems and violent video games that influences law abiding regular people to buy weapons and ammo, drive 650 miles, seek out brown people and fucking mow them down like blades of grass. You go with that Canuck Boi!

No sane person, engages in the blind murder of strangers, with little to no expectation of survival unless they suffer from a mental disorder.

What is his motivation and benefit? These people are sick, even those professing to follow Islam, even as they slaughter the very human being God made.

Apparently written by this guys ex-gf. I get it, she has mental problems herself, still, reading this though, tell me there weren't a dozen signs something was up and he might live out his warped reality?

Take the time to read it. I am going to guess a very high % of mass shooters, even those driven by ideology and religion; have serious mental disorders.

January 2019
Connor and I met in our Social Psychology class at Sinclair College. We bonded over the laughable conspiracy theories that our professor tried to preach as we walked to similar parking spots in the college parking garage. We also were very open about our mental illnesses from the very beginning. He told me that he had bipolar disorder and possibly OCD; that didn’t scare me, some of the sweetest people I know have those conditions. I told him that I have depression, generalized anxiety, and ADD. We bonded over depression humor, something that only people who have been in the throes of it really ever understand and find humorous. Joking about personal mental illnesses is one of the biggest coping tools in the mental health toolbelt.

So, when he started joking about his dark thoughts, I understood. Dark thoughts for someone with a mental illness are just a symptom that we have to learn how to manage. Joking about wanting to hurt people was just heard as, “I have uncomfortable thoughts that are inappropriate to express, but I need to joke about them otherwise they’re too scary and real.” People who do not have a mental illness do not understand this sense of humor. They take it too far. But I didn’t, so he trusted me.
I don't think there is any question that a person who shoots into a crowd is mentally ill.

I can't imagine anyone from either side of the aisle arguing with that.

Unfortunately mass shootings are no longer about mourning or caring about those involved it has become more about headlines and political advantage.
Just look at those on this board who were blaming the right, the left, Trump, gun laws anything and anyone almost before the last body had fallen.

We had people threatening a news service because they printed a headline that sounded almost favorable to the president. We had people write very nasty things to Neil Degrasse Tyson because he dared to point out the fact that more people die daily due to other forms besides mass shootings. People outside of Mitch McConnels house were supposed to be after gun laws on the idea it would curb violence while saying they wanted to stab him through the heart.

It seems most want more shootings in the hope they can gain a little more political advantage for what ever their cause is.

January 2019

I don't think there is any question that a person who shoots into a crowd is mentally ill.

Thoughtcrime just did!

January 2019

Thoughtcrime just did!
Well ok then.

I stand corrected.

Other countries have mental health issues, it's not just the US.
Yet they don't have the mass killings the US has, per capita.
Also: Politicians Keep Blaming Mass Shootings on Mental Health Issues. Doctors Say They're Wrong

Well it can't be guns alone, Americans have had guns since your Constitution.

Blame mental health, wannabe youtube stars who want to be famous (or infamous), there are 1000's of reasons. Lack of God, compassion for one another, music that glorifies everything taboo, including violence, poor parenting. On and on one could go.

I don't know what your gun laws are, but with the millions already in your country, does anyone think a criminal will abide by rules?

January 2019

Are you confident this is "real?" What is "medium.com?"
Almost seems too perfect--almost seems written by a mental health professional.

Other countries have mental health issues, it's not just the US.
Yet they don't have the mass killings the US has, per capita.
Also: Politicians Keep Blaming Mass Shootings on Mental Health Issues. Doctors Say They're Wrong

Well it can't be guns alone, Americans have had guns since your Constitution.

Blame mental health, wannabe youtube stars who want to be famous (or infamous), there are 1000's of reasons. Lack of God, compassion for one another, music that glorifies everything taboo, including violence, poor parenting. On and on one could go.

I don't know what your gun laws are, but with the millions already in your country, does anyone think a criminal will abide by rules?

First of all, back in the old days 1960's-70's, the US didn't have more guns than people
More Guns Do Not Stop More Crimes, Evidence Shows

No sane person, engages in the blind murder of strangers, with little to no expectation of survival unless they suffer from a mental disorder.

What is his motivation and benefit? These people are sick, even those professing to follow Islam, even as they slaughter the very human being God made.

How many parts are in your puzzle...just one? Perhaps that one piece puzzle of yours is single plane thinking, or perhaps its an obfuscation to fit your tribe's agenda!

How does a mentally ill person with a desire to kill as many brown, black, yellow or white folks as they can kill 20 people in a minute or two if they don't have a rapid fire firearm capable of putting out MANY rounds/min or more down range? Take that same person but remove his rapid fire weapon and give him/her a muzzle loading rifle, and how much damage could he/she do in the same time span. After all, it was those flintlock weapons which were in use when the 2nd amendment was written and those weapons protected as the 2A folks keep reminding all! To not understand the comparison, you'll display yourself as the fraud you are displaying with this thread of yours.

Ever hear of Adam Lanza, Slick? The following quote is from Connecticut's 114 pg. report, "SHOOTING AT SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL".

36.... In AL’s [Adam Lanza] case, his severe and deteriorating internalized mental health problems were combined with an atypical preoccupation with violence. Combined with access to deadly weapons, this proved a recipe for mass murder. Autism Spectrum Disorder or other psychiatric problems neither caused nor led to his murderous acts.

37. While authors describe the predisposing factors and compounding stresses in AL’s life, authors do not conclude that they add up to an inevitable arc leading to mass murder. There is no way to adequately explain why AL was obsessed with mass shootings and how or why he came to act on this obsession. In the end, only he, and he alone, bears responsibility for this monstrous act. ~~http://www.ct.gov/oca/lib/oca/sandyhook11212014.pdf ~~

Ya can't make bread without adding all the ingredients, fool! Add the fucking yeast, the instruments the mass shooter uses to kill.

Yet the democrat party wants to protect and nurture mental illness like a freaking zoo. Maybe TDS is a mental illness.

January 2019

So many in this young generation are mentally unstable or ill.

Between broken families, pumping kids full of psychiatric meds, confusing children about gender roles, promoting homosexuality, and a shit education system that indoctrinates them with loony feminist bullshit, it’s no wonder so many are turning out so screwed up.

January 2019

Problem is that it’s not a new thing for people to have mental problems but it’s a relatively new thing for nut cases to actually act on it. Like almost exactly coinciding with the advent and expansion of social media.

January 2019

So many in this young generation are mentally unstable or ill.

Between broken families, pumping kids full of psychiatric meds, confusing children about gender roles, promoting homosexuality, and a shit education system that indoctrinates them with loony feminist bullshit, it’s no wonder so many are turning out so screwed up.
And don’t forget that we’re making sure we encourage them to use recreational drugs.

Forum List

Back