Anyone have a epoxy/polyurea coating on their garage floor?

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
I'm building a new house. I never had any experience with those epoxy or polyurea coatings before where you can put down the flakes on the coating. Does anyone have one personally that can comment?

I was considering paying a company that grinds off like the 1/8 top layer and uses the coating and flakes in my garage. Mine doesn't get abused too much but over time my old garage floor had some small pitting from salt brought in on my car in the winter and light staining.

Just with a new house I am trying to set things up as best I can from the very start.

Thanks.

I'm building a new house. I never had any experience with those epoxy or polyurea coatings before where you can put down the flakes on the coating. Does anyone have one personally that can comment?

I was considering paying a company that grinds off like the 1/8 top layer and uses the coating and flakes in my garage. Mine doesn't get abused too much but over time my old garage floor had some small pitting from salt brought in on my car in the winter and light staining.

Just with a new house I am trying to set things up as best I can from the very start.

Thanks.
Tell them to fuck off.

R&R

Rip out/replace.

Rip it out and pour a new floor.

Thanks.
you are talking about like a poured flooring, maybe "terazzo."

if so, i had the heads done on our ships. natural gloss, pick the color chip, mosiac designs possible, seems to be durable. not as slippery as i feared, but like any wet floor.....

thanks for reminding me. i have a few loose tiles and maybe i can pour a layer over the old floor? will check.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back