Anyone Here Work Out ? My Wrist Need Attention

What kind of exercises are you doing with weights?

We gave our weights to one of the grandson years ago so I only have one bar and 2 5.llb weights so just 25lb's. I do curls, press a couple others.
I alsio dance a lot and walk trails the woods. I'm in my early 70s. But thats no excuse,look at this lady.She helps inspire me,

And this one is inspiring too, use it or lose it is my new motto.

I use loppers to cut out trails in our woods that are full of vines,but they don't hurt like the weights do. So it the weight bearing that hurts me .Wonder if wrest splint would help which of course I don't have.
Sounds as if the arm bone is so weak that it wants to break in two. Try heating then wrapping the wrist with the traditional elastic bandage and do squeezing exercises with the spring-loaded tool. No weight is involved, you are only using your mind to control your muscles. The weight is for certain putting stress on the arm bone.

If you do curls that might cause damage your wrist. Try holding the dumbbell vertically - that takes the strain off your wrist.

I use the hand weights for warm up walking, but the bar is what I lift. And thanks, I'll try holding the bar differently.

Sounds as if the arm bone is so weak that it wants to break in two. Try heating then wrapping the wrist with the traditional elastic bandage and do squeezing exercises with the spring-loaded tool. No weight is involved, you are only using your mind to control your muscles. The weight is for certain putting stress on the arm bone.

Ok and I just tried to lift and found out I hurt my elbow today on my walk, my feet tangled up in vine on the ground, and body slammed me really hard on the ground. Scared hubby, he almost hurt himself running to me, reminds me of one of Sinbads show.

I have to keep lifting for health reasons, since I don't take meds and have diabetes, I use to ride my bike but sold it. Its low carbs and exercise for awhile now. I was walking today and body slammed myself on a damn vine, but I don't think I hurt anything.

Just do Cardio, your wrist will not get better without rest

We gave our weights to one of the grandson years ago so I only have one bar and 2 5.llb weights so just 25lb's. I do curls, press a couple others.
A lot of times when people are working out doing bench presses they will let their wrists bend backwards. You have to keep them straight.

And for curls, it is a lot more ergonomic to use a curl bar rather than a straight bar, especially at your age. Something like these...

titan_ez_curl_480x480.jpg

A lot of times when people are working out doing bench presses they will let their wrists bend backwards. You have to keep them straight.

And for curls, it is a lot more ergonomic to use a curl bar rather than a straight bar, especially at your age. Something like these...

titan_ez_curl_480x480.jpg

I bet but for now I'll just stick to your and other's suggestions.Thanks.

Use good form and don’t try to lift weights that are heavier than you’re ready for.

Forum List

Back