Anyone know what kind of a tree this is?

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
DSC_2015ps-web.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen a tree like this.

View attachment 264734

Need a better pix of its leaves. As you can tell from the above posts there are similar trees. I have a rain tree. It does get a bit aggressive in our area in terms of spreading. It gets pods kind of like lanterns on it it after it blooms.

Edit: Mine is in bloom so if anybody wants me to send them seeds when the pods are on, just DM me an addy to send it them to.

• Banned
View attachment 264734

Need a better pix of its leaves. As you can tell from the above posts there are similar trees. I have a rain tree. It does get a bit aggressive in our area in terms of spreading. It gets pods kind of like lanterns on it it after it blooms.

Edit: Mine is in bloom so if anybody wants me to send them seeds when the pods are on, just DM me an addy to send it them to.
I only had the one image so this is as large as I can blow it up without destroying the image.

DSC_2015ps-web_edited-1.jpg

View attachment 264734

I only had the one image so this is as large as I can blow it up without destroying the image.

View attachment 264738

Looks like a rain tree. Mimosas have different leaves (almost fern like)

Cassia fistula..from the crap pic. Maybe a tabebuia aurea.
It''s not common golden rain (Koelreuteria paniculata)
Could be a C. Ligustrina......... where is it ?

Texas. And my 2000 dollar camera is mad at you!

old-apple-orchard-bloom-footage-073498659_prevstill.jpeg

The apple trees are finally in bloom here, beginning anyway. You find them tucked in the woods all over the place where there used to be a farmhouse once. Great climbing trees when you're still light enough.

View attachment 264734

It's taken me 5 years to kill mine. I would cut it down and it would send up shoots and come back to retain its strangle hold on the pipe to my septic tank. No seeds here please.

View attachment 264734

It's taken me 5 years to kill mine. I would cut it down and it would send up shoots and come back to retain its strangle hold on the pipe to my septic tank. No seeds here please.
Sounds like my poppies. Can't dig 'em out even though I've gone half way to China.

View attachment 264734

Sounds like my poppies. Can't dig 'em out even though I've gone half way to China.
Oh, my gosh. Send me the seeds! I love poppies. Pink ones red ones, yellow ones, orange ones. annuals, perennials, any size of them. But my favorite ones grow at Lake Louise of the Seven glacier view in Canada. *sigh*

4856197683_0513e366e5_b.jpg

View attachment 264734

View attachment 264738

Looks like a rain tree. Mimosas have different leaves (almost fern like)
I took this of his photo blown up of the leaves.
CAA39594-DA4B-4505-B6A6-6F22C6A6931E.jpeg

Texas. And my 2000 dollar camera is mad at you!
They have alot of them here in Florida. I know Tx also has lots of the pink mimosa. We used to have one. Looks like the mimosa/acacia to me, from blowing up your photo.

Mimos’s can be a pest when they drop their foliage, but they are beautiful and fragrant.

View attachment 264734

Mimosas are like that too. My entire teen years it seems were partially dedicated to eradicating a single mimosa at the corner of my parents' porch. If you left so much as a hair of a root behind on that thing it would come shooting back up.

Forum List

Back